Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365466 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3270 on: June 11, 2014, 11:27:59 PM »
So I assume the line concerning the McCanns as the perpetrators is progressed too? Or Met forgot to add "all lines except one"?  >@@(*&)

I'm sorry?  You seem to have missed the statements from the Met and the PJ at the start of this enquiry. 

Let me see ... what was it again ... oh never mind, it will come to me

O advogado dos pais da criança inglesa, desaparecida no Algarve em 2007, revelou que o casal foi informado de que os novos indícios, na base da reabertura do inquérito, «em nada apontam para a responsabilização» dos progenitores de Madeleine McCann.

Now what was it the Met said? that will come back to me too ...
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #3271 on: June 12, 2014, 10:48:21 AM »
This thread is called, "Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann" with the emphasis being on the word 'latest'.

Please don't post historic or archived news reports in this thread. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3272 on: June 12, 2014, 11:17:58 AM »
Vile yob slurs at Maddie parents

SICK GRAFFITI NEAR DIG SITE

From GARY O'SHEA in Praia da Luz, Portugal
Thursday, June 12, 2014

SICKOS have sprayed messages attacking Madeleine McCann's parents and British cops - at the latest site of the hunt for clues to find the missing youngster.

The graffiti, in Portuguese and sprayed in red paint, said: "The parents killed Maddie. Stupid English police."

The untrue smears were daubed on a wall near scrubland hours before searching in Praia da Luz, where the three-year-old vanished in 2007.

And last night Met officers admitted their eight-day trawl of the holiday resort had so far failed to turn up any evidence.

But Scotland Yard chiefs said months of painstaking work lies ahead as police examine fresh theories.

A spokesman said: "At this time no evidence relating to Madeleine McCann has been identified."

He said of the searches: "This was the first phase of this major investigation which has been agreed with the Portuguese.

"More activity has been agreed and we expect that to commence shortly.

"Further requests are being compiled and will be submitted in due course."

The spokesman revealed: "The total area of land searched and surveyed was approximately 60,000 sq metres and included all utilities, drainage channels and derelict buildings."

He said 41 "ground anomalies" - potential burial plots - had been probed.

And he added: "This recent work is part of ensuring that all lines of enquiry are progressed in a systematic manner and covers just the one hypothesis that she (Madeleine) was killed and buried locally."

The youngster's mum and dad - Kate, 46, and Gerry, 45, of Rothley, Leics - were cleared as suspects in their daughter's disappearance in July 2008.

They refused to comment about the malicious graffiti last night. But a spokesman for the couple said: "In the light of what Scotland Yard have said, Kate and Gerry continue to have full confidence in Operation Grange and remain very grateful to all the officers for the work they have been doing on the ground in Portugal.

"In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, they continue to believe that Madeleine is still alive and out there waiting to be found."

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3273 on: June 12, 2014, 11:20:21 AM »

The untrue smears

How exactly does the Sun know that this..

"The parents killed Maddie"

is untrue?

It might not be.

Offline John

« Reply #3274 on: June 12, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »
The fact that the British Press are now reporting selectively from Praia da Luz is indeed a damning indictment.  Like so many others I was led to believe that the graffiti daubed on a wall in the town only referred to the English police as stupid.  Had I not had the benefit of this thread I would not have been any the wiser.  Free Press?  More like liar Press!

"Os Pais Mataram Maddie" >> "The Parents Killed Maddie" daubed on wall in Praia da Luz as British police end search.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:43:21 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3275 on: June 12, 2014, 11:40:37 AM »
The fact that the British Press are now reporting selectively from Praia da Luz is indeed a damning indictment.  Like so many others I was led to believe that the graffiti daubed on a wall in the town only referred to the English police as stupid.  Had I not had the benefit of this thread I would not have been any the wiser.  Free Press?  More like liar Press!

"Os Paris Mataram Maddie" >> "The Parents Killed Maddie" daubed on wall in Praia da Luz as British police end search.

The press have always told lies...a lot of the lies were about the mccanns

stephen25000

« Reply #3276 on: June 12, 2014, 11:44:07 AM »

and what have the mccanns  done ???

Offline John

« Reply #3277 on: June 12, 2014, 11:46:29 AM »

Do you think that it is right that the British Press hacks are withholding information from the British public Dave?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3278 on: June 12, 2014, 11:50:25 AM »

"Os Pais Mataram Maddie" >> "The Parents Killed Maddie" daubed on wall in Praia da Luz as British police end search.

more evidence of how the lies told in amaral's book have caused people to believe the mccanns killed maddie and these people are now interfering with the search

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3279 on: June 12, 2014, 11:54:04 AM »

Does GA accuse the McCanns of murdering Maddie?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3280 on: June 12, 2014, 12:02:21 PM »

I think this graffiti and the reported comments of some residents which is being seen by a worldwide audience is showing Praia Da Luz in the worst possible light.

The most serious damage to their tourist industry will come not from the seemingly ignored assaults on children, or the abduction of one, but from the continued resistance of the inhabitants who are in denial about one and up in arms about a police investigation which seeks to establish the fate of the other.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #3281 on: June 12, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »
I think this graffiti and the reported comments of some residents which is being seen by a worldwide audience is showing Praia Da Luz in the worst possible light.

The most serious damage to their tourist industry will come not from the seemingly ignored assaults on children, or the abduction of one, but from the continued resistance of the inhabitants who are in denial about one and up in arms about a police investigation which seeks to establish the fate of the other.

'Inhabitants who are in denial'

What claptrap.

After all the negative press and xenophobia which has been directed at the Portuguese, did you expect anything else from some people there ?

and remember, for the umpteenth time, 'type of crime unknown'.

P.S. ...and before you ask, I don't believe the mccanns are responsible for the all too probable demise of Madeleine.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 12:15:23 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline John

« Reply #3282 on: June 12, 2014, 12:14:36 PM »

It is unfortunate but Praia da Luz is now infamous for the wrong reasons. Morbid curiosity has taken over from the wonderful beaches and scenery as the number one reason for going there by all accounts.

Offline John

« Reply #3283 on: June 12, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »
The untrue smears

How exactly does the Sun know that this..

"The parents killed Maddie"

is untrue?

It might not be.

Gary O'Shea and the Sun also claim that, the McCanns have been "cleared as suspects"

Is this new speak or just O'Shea speak for talking through his arse?

The McCanns had their official arguido status removed but as far as cleared of anything is concerned that particular train has not yet left the station.  In order to clear someone of a potential crime one has to know what the crime was in the first place.  In the Madeleine case the Portuguese Archiving Report was very clear...crime if any > unknown!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:18:29 PM by John »

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #3284 on: June 12, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign?fref=nf
11 June, 2014 - Update from Operation Grange

Operation Grange officers working alongside experts in their field from around the UK, the Policia Judicial and the Guarda Nacional Republicana today, Wednesday 11 June completed an eight day period of work searching specific areas of land in Praia da Luz.

At this time no evidence relating to Madeleine McCann has been identified. However it has given us an essential understanding of the activity on and people that have used this piece of land.

This was the first phase of this major investigation which has been agreed with the Portuguese following the four International Letters of Request submitted to date. More activity has been agreed and we expect that to commence shortly. In addition further requests are being compiled and will be submitted in due course.

The decision to search the “horse shoe” shaped piece of waste ground to the west of Praia da Luz and other sites was as a specific result of the UK’s investigation work to date.

The total area of land searched and surveyed was of approximately 60,000 sq metres and included all utilities, drainage channels and derelict buildings. 41 ground anomalies were identified initially by both aerial survey and ground analysis which were then investigated fully. These included three outside of the original area.

This deployment which was the largest ever undertaken by UK police overseas in a case of this type, highlighted the effective nature of the assistance given by the Portuguese authorities, for which the investigation team and family are very grateful.

The media’s understanding and co-operation following Assistant Commissioner Rowley’s pre deployment briefing has also been noted and appreciated.

There is still a substantial amount of work yet to be completed in the coming weeks and months, which again should be viewed as no more than normal operational activity in a case of this size and complexity. This recent work is part of ensuring that all lines of enquiry are progressed in a systematic manner and covers just the one hypothesis that she was killed and buried locally. This is the same as would be done in the UK for a murder or high risk missing person enquiry. The scientific support staff involved were there to provide the highest level of assurance that this area was searched to the highest possible standards.