Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365404 times)

Online Wonderfulspam

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3810 on: November 10, 2014, 11:44:44 AM »
That's why the springer spaniels are back. Unreliable dogs? The yard clearly don't think so and new forensics are happening.

'There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madeleine has been harmed'

Yeah right!
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3811 on: November 10, 2014, 11:45:01 AM »
That's why the springer spaniels are back. Unreliable dogs? The yard clearly don't think so and new forensics are happening.

It would certainly nice to think that they may lead somewhere, however unlikely that might be.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3812 on: November 10, 2014, 12:54:30 PM »

Madeleine McCann investigators questioning Britons as new official suspects over the girl's disappearance in Portugal

The Britons are among seven people due to be questioned as 'arguidos'

The seven suspects know the Praia da Luz resort where Madeleine, then aged three, vanished from on May 3 2007, it was reported.

Some are said to have criminal records, reports Portuguse newspaper.

By Gerard Couzens for MailOnline
Published: 09:48, 10 November 2014 | Updated: 09:53, 10 November 2014

Britons will be quizzed as new suspects over missing Madeleine McCann's disappearance, it was claimed today.

The British nationals are among a group of seven people due to be questioned as arguidos - a Portuguese legal term roughly translating as 'formal suspect' - leading Portuguese daily Jornal de Noticias reported.
Four more will be interviewed as witnesses towards the end of the month at a police station in Faro

The seven suspects know the Praia da Luz resort where Madeleine, then aged three, vanished from on May 3 2007, know each other and made phone calls the night she disappeared, Jornal de Noticias said.

Some are also said to have criminal records and others are ex-workers of the Ocean Club holiday resort where Madeleine, three at the time, was staying with her parents.

It is not known how many of the group of seven, which also includes Portuguese nationals, are British.
Neither was it clear last night if they continue to live in Praia da Luz or have now moved away from the town

The fact they are set to be questioned as arguidos show the Operation Grange officers probing Madeleine's disappearance are still focusing on the theory she was killed during a bungled break-in.

Three of the four suspects questioned at the start of July were quizzed because British police suspected they were involved in a burglary at apartment 5A where Madeleine was sleeping with her twin siblings Sean and Amelie, now nine.

At least one of the 11 people set to be quizzed later this month is thought to be a woman.

British police are now in the process of formally asking for permission to sit in on the interviews, which will be led by Portuguese officers who will ask questions on their behalf. The Operation Grange team last visited Portugal a month ago.

A small team of three officers including DCI Andy Redwood met Policia Judiciaria bosses in Faro for an update meeting before travelling to the university city of Coimbra a five hour drive north to visit a lab where many of the DNA samples collected after Madeleine's disappearance are held.

British police told bosses at Portugal's Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences they wanted to retest some of the samples to try to crack the mystery of Madeleine's disappearance.

They are yet to send a sixth international letter of request which mother-of-four Mrs Sequeira will have to authorise before Met Police forensics experts are allowed access to the lab or given permission to take samples to Britain to analyse them.

The forensic material includes hairs and pieces of the curtains that hung in apartment 5A.
It emerged late last month nearly 100 strands of hair tested during the original Madeleine McCann investigation were never DNA-matched.

The Operation Grange inquiry is running in parallel with a new Portuguese probe, reopened in May more than five years after being shelved.

Scotland Yard detectives dug up waste ground and inspected sewers in Praia da Luz in June in a grim search for her body.

One of the suspects questioned in July was a former Ocean Club worker and another a 51-year-old schizophrenic drug addict. They both denied any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance.

Portuguese police believe Madeleine was snatched by a foreigner no longer living in Portugal.

However they have still not formally ruled out the involvement of junkie burglar Euclides Monteiro, whose widow they questioned last year, despite the fact DNA tests have put him in the clear.

Last month it emerged the cost of the British police search for Madeleine will soon top £10million double the original amount estimated by the Home Office when the force was called in by David Cameron in 2011.
The Home Office has defending the rising cost of the probe, insisting: 'The Government believes it is right that it does all it can to support the search for Madeleine McCann.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2828316/Madeleine-McCann-investigators-questioning-Britons-new-official-suspects-girl-s-disappearance-Portugal.html

Reading the leaked information in the press regarding the people already questioned and those about to be questioned leads to the heart breaking conclusion that the initial Portuguese inquiry missed basic investigative opportunities available at the time.

By doing so the opportunity to find out what happened to Madeleine was missed; and worse, the opportunity to recover her was missed.

In Panorama: Mystery of Madeleine McCann: November 19/2007 the crime reporter for the Diaro de Noticias, Jose Manuel Oliveira told Richard Bilton that as early as two days after Madeleine’s disappearance Portuguese Journalists were being briefed by the Portuguese police that the McCanns were suspected from the word go because they did not believe them or their friends.

I think that proves they took their eye off the ball and pursued that line of inquiry ... to the exclusion of all others ... or these people would have been fully investigated and ruled in or out of involvement in 2007.

Obviously the information about phone calls between the people SY wish to speak to was available in 2007.  From there it would have been easy to find out who knew who, who worked in the OC and who had criminal convictions.

There is something far wrong that these interviews are only taking place now and as a result of SY involvement when the information that led to this point was already available in 2007.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #3813 on: November 10, 2014, 12:58:08 PM »
The dogs are very gppd altho they do want to please their masters and get their reward.

It is the interpretation of their findings that is lacking at times along with forensic backing , which is vital.

Without those two criteria,
... correct interpretation AND forensic back up, the doogs alerts mean nothing, zilch, nada

Sadie was a spaniel.   
Springers especially are lovely animals and wonderfully clever.  Our families Springer could depress the door handle to open it ... and when the mechanism was reversed, he immediately found he had to push it up.

Offline sadie

« Reply #3814 on: November 10, 2014, 01:26:28 PM »
Reading the leaked information in the press regarding the people already questioned and those about to be questioned leads to the heart breaking conclusion that the initial Portuguese inquiry missed basic investigative opportunities available at the time.

By doing so the opportunity to find out what happened to Madeleine was missed; and worse, the opportunity to recover her was missed.

In Panorama: Mystery of Madeleine McCann: November 19/2007 the crime reporter for the Diaro de Noticias, Jose Manuel Oliveira told Richard Bilton that as early as two days after Madeleine’s disappearance Portuguese Journalists were being briefed by the Portuguese police that the McCanns were suspected from the word go because they did not believe them or their friends.

I think that proves they took their eye off the ball and pursued that line of inquiry ... to the exclusion of all others ... or these people would have been fully investigated and ruled in or out of involvement in 2007.

Obviously the information about phone calls between the people SY wish to speak to was available in 2007.  From there it would have been easy to find out who knew who, who worked in the OC and who had criminal convictions.

There is something far wrong that these interviews are only taking place now and as a result of SY involvement when the information that led to this point was already available in 2007

Good observations Brietta   8@??)(

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3815 on: November 10, 2014, 01:55:41 PM »

There is something far wrong that these interviews are only taking place now and as a result of SY involvement when the information that led to this point was already available in 2007.

Interesting that the PJ aren't interested in questioning these witnesses now either.

Only at the request of SY.

I reckon it's because they were right the first time.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:58:21 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline jassi

« Reply #3816 on: November 10, 2014, 02:34:37 PM »
I reckon its just a bit more box ticking on the part of SY - people of possible interest only.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3817 on: November 10, 2014, 02:54:10 PM »
I reckon its just a bit more box ticking on the part of SY - people of possible interest only.

Seems likely! According to the press The Met have yet to instigate the ILOR for permission to carry out their own forensic tests, on materials held by the Portuguese, after the recent visit to the Portuguese Laboratory.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3818 on: November 10, 2014, 02:58:53 PM »
Interesting that the PJ aren't interested in questioning these witnesses now either.

Only at the request of SY.

I reckon it's because they were right the first time.

Actually we do not know exactly what the PJ are interested in, nor for that matter do we have the slightest idea what has brought these individuals to SY interest; apart from good detective work which has taken cognisance of information the source of which appears to have been ignored by the initial investigation led by Dr Amaral.

If the names of the people to be questioned are released to the press it will be interesting to see what part, if any, they played back in 2007 and if they gave witness statements at that time.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #3819 on: November 10, 2014, 03:04:36 PM »
You can't say it is good detective work, it might be absolutely crap detective work - we have no way of knowing.

Or maybe not -

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3820 on: November 10, 2014, 03:07:43 PM »

Possibly.

I think the original investigation left them with a lot of boxes to tick. 

All of which should have been ticked by the original investigation. 

I think the present ongoing questioning sessions of witnesses is probably taking them to the stage the original investigation should have been at days into Madeleine’s disappearance.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3821 on: November 10, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »
You can't say it is good detective work, it might be absolutely crap detective work - we have no way of knowing.

If it is my opinion ... of course I can say it.

If you disagree that is up to you.

Obviously there is a requirement to carry out diligences which have been neglected.  I am quite sure that having access to professionally translated … and complete files … will have aided them enormously in their work.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3822 on: November 10, 2014, 03:24:49 PM »
Seems likely! According to the press The Met have yet to instigate the ILOR for permission to carry out their own forensic tests, on materials held by the Portuguese, after the recent visit to the Portuguese Laboratory.

Maybe they are perfectly happy to have the forensic tests carried out in Portugal.

As far as I can see the only reason for using a British lab would be if they had the use of technology which the Portuguese do not have.  I don't think this is the case, and perhaps their recent visit to the Portuguese lab confirmed that for them.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3823 on: November 10, 2014, 03:30:50 PM »

Maybe they are perfectly happy to have the forensic tests carried out in Portugal.

As far as I can see the only reason for using a British lab would be if they had the use of technology which the Portuguese do not have.  I don't think this is the case, and perhaps their recent visit to the Portuguese lab confirmed that for them.

You could well be right and that would be my first assumption. Should it transpire The Met are happy it will leave those whose thesis was "the Portuguese are Dodos" in the sticky stuff.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3824 on: November 10, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »
Actually we do not know exactly what the PJ are interested in, nor for that matter do we have the slightest idea what has brought these individuals to SY interest;apart from good detective work which has taken cognisance of information the source of which appears to have been ignored by the initial investigation led by Dr Amaral.

If the names of the people to be questioned are released to the press it will be interesting to see what part, if any, they played back in 2007 and if they gave witness statements at that time.

Not the same thing as SY, we know that much....

'Portuguese police believe Madeleine was snatched by a foreigner no longer living in Portugal.'

'However they have still not formally ruled out the involvement of junkie burglar Euclides Monteiro, whose widow they questioned last year, despite the fact DNA tests have put him in the clear.'

While SY believe Maddie was/wasn't murdered/abducted by a paedophile ring during a botched burglary & that she may still be alive, or sadly dead.