Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 125302 times)

stephen25000

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #690 on: June 27, 2016, 01:10:14 PM »
Good for tourism and foreigners who wish to buy British goods.
Could be the start of an economic upturn...... ?{)(**

So more EU citizens arrive and decide to stay. 8)--))

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #691 on: June 27, 2016, 01:10:47 PM »
on a lighter note 2 shadow cabinit jobs have been filled by people who will support jc not stab him in the back.i said there we plenty of others to fill the backstabbers jobs 8((()*/

So far he hasn't rolled over and given in to those who thought they were so important that if they resigned he couldn't carry on. He has also promised he will stand again if they force a leadership election. Has he called their bluff? I guess we will have to wait and see what happens next. They may have played into his hands, you never know.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #692 on: June 27, 2016, 01:15:49 PM »
You seem to be convinced that is true. It has certainly been inferred, but proved? I think not. That's what grates with me, innuendo being accepted and presented as truth.
It's not just me saying it, it's every paper, every analysis of the demographical data, every news commentator, every Labour politician.  If you refuse to accept it then that's your choice but it strikes me as very odd behaviour on your part.  Which bit do you consider to be innuendo or untrue?

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #693 on: June 27, 2016, 01:16:41 PM »
I think they are going to skin us alive, Alice.  I would were I them and had elections looming.

Yeah but we got our borders back. I wasn't aware we had lost them mind.
Punch line of joke.
Latvian kid at school when asked where the English border is "in bed wiv me mum that's why I had FA for breakfast miss"
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #694 on: June 27, 2016, 01:16:47 PM »
with people like you around we might,stop shitting your selfs and give it a chance 8)--))
I never started shitting myselfs but thanks for the advice.  8((()*/

stephen25000

« Reply #695 on: June 27, 2016, 01:18:42 PM »
Well Boris has now changed his tune.

He now wants the UK to stay in the single market.

Immigration is not the most important issue.

As just reported on the BBC News.

Also, apparently, Tom Watson, Deputy leader of the Labour Party has suggested apparently for Corbyn to fall his sword, after 28 resignations from the Shadow Cabinet.

stephen25000

Re: Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #696 on: June 27, 2016, 01:19:50 PM »
Yeah but we got our borders back. I wasn't aware we had lost them mind.
Punch line of joke.
Latvian kid at school when asked where the English border is "in bed wiv me mum that's why I had FA for breakfast miss"

Naughty but nice. 8((()*/

Alfie

« Reply #697 on: June 27, 2016, 01:19:56 PM »
So far he hasn't rolled over and given in to those who thought they were so important that if they resigned he couldn't carry on. He has also promised he will stand again if they force a leadership election. Has he called their bluff? I guess we will have to wait and see what happens next. They may have played into his hands, you never know.
If he was really clever he'd out himself as a Leaver and promise to do all he can to ensure a smooth and successful remvoval from the EU.  Then he might stand a chance of winning the next election.   It would mean performing a major U-turn of course.

Offline rotti

« Reply #698 on: June 27, 2016, 01:20:28 PM »
I never started shitting myselfs but thanks for the advice.  8((()*/
sorry that should have read 'worrying,apologies.will modify it

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #699 on: June 27, 2016, 01:30:42 PM »

Also, apparently, Tom Watson, Deputy leader of the Labour Party has suggested apparently for Corbyn to fall his sword, after 28 resignations from the Shadow Cabinet.

stay in the single market......you are getting confused...Brexit is about EU membership...not access to the european market

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #700 on: June 27, 2016, 01:34:22 PM »
It's not just me saying it, it's every paper, every analysis of the demographical data, every news commentator, every Labour politician.  If you refuse to accept it then that's your choice but it strikes me as very odd behaviour on your part.  Which bit do you consider to be innuendo or untrue?

People like to suggest simple explanations to complex questions. In reality a complex question require complex answers;

Political scientists will argue over the significance of education status in the referendum. You don't need a degree, however, to see how Corby's recent history played its part in the result, too
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36624413

Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #701 on: June 27, 2016, 01:44:06 PM »

A spokesman for Mr Corbyn said the leader was "categorically not" told to quit by Mr Watson.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36638041
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #702 on: June 27, 2016, 01:48:22 PM »
A spokesman for Mr Corbyn said the leader was "categorically not" told to quit by Mr Watson.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36638041

We shall see on that.

Alfie

« Reply #703 on: June 27, 2016, 02:14:34 PM »
People like to suggest simple explanations to complex questions. In reality a complex question require complex answers;

Political scientists will argue over the significance of education status in the referendum. You don't need a degree, however, to see how Corby's recent history played its part in the result, too
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36624413
OK, have it your way.  There is no correlation whatsoever between class, age, education and wealth and how people voted on Friday.  Happy now?  That said, do you agree that a significant percentage of those who voted "leave" will be from the less well-off sector of society?  If so, can we get back to the original question I asked which you have twice avoided answering:

yes, and what are you going to tell those who voted for Brexit that the prices of food, clothes and electricals are going to become even less affordable than before, as you have suggested they would and should?!

Offline John

« Reply #704 on: June 27, 2016, 02:19:53 PM »
As I said, John, it is a constitutional mess.

The previous referendum in Scotland was very divisive and the effects of that are still being felt.

We have just had a demonstration in this referendum of the annulment of many of the arguments which carried the day for the BETTER TOGETHER campaign.  It was a close run thing. 

Whether or not the first minister is able to block Brexit ... it is worth bearing in mind that the majority of the contingent of elected representatives from Scotland in Westminster are Nats. 
To date their behaviour has been on the whole impeccable but it is a different ball game now.  I would warn ... "You ain't seen nothin' yet!"
Parliament could turn out to be a very interesting theatre for them to perform in (and for the rest of us to watch) when their leash is loosened.

I don't agree that many of the arguments put forward in support of #brexit are defunct, it is very much early days. 

Sturgeon is an upstart, an opportunist who does not speak for the majority of people in Scotland. The fact is that the SNP represent around a million voters out of an electorate of over four million, not exactly an overwhelming mandate to even consider independence, but then she knows that.  Sturgeon might be ambitious but she isn't stupid, she knows that like Salmond, a failed indy vote would mean the end of her career as Scots leader.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.