Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 125300 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #870 on: June 29, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »
Who do you imagine is going to deliver us unto this Utopia? Boris and the Tories? Or are you hoping that UKIP win a landlslide at the next GE?

Boris will be the PM and Gow will be Chancellor.  I must add its not my choice of a dream team but that's life.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #871 on: June 29, 2016, 12:55:50 PM »
Boris will be the PM and Gow will be Chancellor.  I must add its not my choice of a dream team but that's life.

Then the UK will be up shit creek without a paddle.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #872 on: June 29, 2016, 12:57:25 PM »
YEs, and the US Government were behind the shooting down of the Malaysia Airlines over the Ukraine, not to mention the terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers.  Oh and they lied about the moon landings too.  And Obama was born in Kenya and is a Muslim.

Steady on old boy.  Didn't you know the Chinese have had a base on the moon for years?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #873 on: June 29, 2016, 01:01:13 PM »
If you put forward cites and voice opinion for consideration expect them to be questioned.  Isn't that what chat forums are all about? Perhaps not in your view although I note you then go on to ask me my opinion which begs the question - if I voice it, will you respect it and leave it at that, or will you challenge it?

It's a two way street Alfie.  Why did you want to stay in the EU?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #874 on: June 29, 2016, 01:03:00 PM »
It depends how much commitment you want or need from your staff, I expect. Pay peanuts get monkeys.

Seems in London the reverse applies.  Get monkeys pay fat cat bonuses.  @)(++(*

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #875 on: June 29, 2016, 01:30:17 PM »
There are different things which come from the EU which affect us. Directives are one;

Article 288
To exercise the Union's competences, the institutions shall adopt regulations, directives, decisions, recommendations and opinions.
A regulation shall have general application. It shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States.
A directive shall be binding, as to the result to be achieved, upon each Member State to which it is addressed, but shall leave to the national authorities the choice of form and methods.
A decision shall be binding in its entirety upon those to whom it is addressed.
Recommendations and opinions shall have no binding force.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_(European_Union)

I accept what is said re directives regulations, recommendations etc. That is the price of belonging to the club. What isn't the price of belonging to the club is the UK overbearing attitude that Johnny Foreigner cannot frame laws as long he has a hole up his backside and UK can do it better.  Then UK frame laws for the implementation of  EU Directives that disadvantage the UK with respect to other member states. What has to be worked out is how much of the "damage" is self inflicted rather than imposed.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #876 on: June 29, 2016, 01:31:45 PM »
I gave information and true debaters would check it then find and give alternative information in my opinion. I don't know if this is a rather lightweight 'chat forum' or a serious debating forum, although I'm beginning to suspect the former. Why do you expect your opinion to be respected and not challenged? If you have information saying the EU is not planning a United States of Europe let's see it.

One article from the daily express does not an EU policy make.

There is nothing to corroborate this particular story that was based on a rumour.  If you read the article it looks as though the central tenet is denied by everyone else. 

How should a serious debating forum respond to one article in a hysterical newspaper which is still banging on about princess diana being murdered by the royal family?  Apart from wait and see?

Alfie

« Reply #877 on: June 29, 2016, 02:08:03 PM »

There is nothing to corroborate this particular story that was based on a rumour.  If you read the article it looks as though the central tenet is denied by everyone else. 

How should a serious debating forum respond to one article in a hysterical newspaper which is still banging on about princess diana being murdered by the royal family?  Apart from wait and see?
Well quite. 8@??)(

Alfie

« Reply #878 on: June 29, 2016, 02:09:33 PM »
It's a two way street Alfie.  Why did you want to stay in the EU?
Because I adore immigrants and refugees and also cities (the newer built the better) and because I despise the Green Belt and everything to do with Britain. 

Of course!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #879 on: June 29, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »

I have read it again and people have denied there is the 'political will' among citizens, they have said 'now is not the time' for further integration. Please point me to the bits which deny the 'central tenet'?

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #880 on: June 29, 2016, 02:15:38 PM »
Spain tells Sturgeon to Back Off!

The Prime Minister of Spain, Mariano Rajoy Brey, has said he is opposed to negotiating any potential EU membership with Scotland.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is currently in Brussels, persuading EU members that Scotland "doesn't want to leave" the EU.

However, talking to the media following a summit of European leaders on Wednesday, Mr Brey said:
I want to be very clear. Scotland does not have the competence to negotiate with the European Union.

Spain opposes any negotiation by anyone other than the government of United Kingdom.

– MARIANO RAJOY BREY, PRIME MINISTER OF SPAIN

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-06-29/spain-scotland-doesnt-have-the-competence-to-negotiate/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #881 on: June 29, 2016, 02:18:25 PM »
I have said this all along, Scotland is not a State and as such must go through proper channels when making any representations to the EU.

As a aside, and speaking as someone with first hand knowledge of how Scotland works, it is interesting to see how much Scotland now wants to continue to be an integral part of the EU when its Courts promote such disdain of EU Law.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:21:38 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Alfie

« Reply #883 on: June 29, 2016, 02:26:52 PM »
I have read it again and people have denied there is the 'political will' among citizens, they have said 'now is not the time' for further integration. Please point me to the bits which deny the 'central tenet'?
Better still, point to the direct quotes in the article from those in charge of the EU outlining the superstate plan and all that it entails.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #884 on: June 29, 2016, 02:29:09 PM »
Spain tells Sturgeon to Back Off!

The Prime Minister of Spain, Mariano Rajoy Brey, has said he is opposed to negotiating any potential EU membership with Scotland.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is currently in Brussels, persuading EU members that Scotland "doesn't want to leave" the EU.

However, talking to the media following a summit of European leaders on Wednesday, Mr Brey said:
I want to be very clear. Scotland does not have the competence to negotiate with the European Union.

Spain opposes any negotiation by anyone other than the government of United Kingdom.

– MARIANO RAJOY BREY, PRIME MINISTER OF SPAIN

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-06-29/spain-scotland-doesnt-have-the-competence-to-negotiate/

Quite right too.  Who the f... does she think she is interfering moo?  @)(++(*

Je ne regrette rien!!