Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 124592 times)

stephen25000

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #930 on: June 30, 2016, 08:14:15 AM »
On Lyric FM (Irish) radio this morning, there is mention of a second referendum, and Boris Johnson apparently is now willing to negotiate. There was mention of a second referendum even by brexiters prior to the referendum.

I note the Gov.uk petition, after removal of multiple votes from overseas, has now exceeded 4 Million petitioners.

Nice.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:40:24 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #931 on: June 30, 2016, 08:23:09 AM »
On Lyric radio this morning, there is mention of a second referendum, and Boris Johnson apparently is now willing to negotiate. There was mention of a second referendum even by brexiters prior to the referendum.

I note the Gov.uk petition, after removal of multiple votes from overseas, has now exceeded 4 Million petitioners.

Nice.

There may well be a second third and fourth referendum but they will not be in the UK
The people have spoken and Europe has listened and there will be changes
Merkel encouraging asylum seekers is a sign of how much the leaders were out of touch with the people

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #932 on: June 30, 2016, 08:39:20 AM »
On Lyric radio this morning, there is mention of a second referendum, and Boris Johnson apparently is now willing to negotiate. There was mention of a second referendum even by brexiters prior to the referendum.

Nice.

I gather 75% of MPs think that leaving the EU is a very bad idea for the country.

The referendum was poorly conducted on both sides.

Brexit will not actually solve the underlying problems.  Which are lack of investment in infrastructure, schools, hospitals, roads etc.  these have not kept up with the increase in population, and that has been made worse by immigration. 

It may sound a bit radical but maybe we should tear up the referendum and immediately.get on with a major building and investment  Programme. 

I can see a few problems - given we have lowish unemployment we may need to recruit labour from outside, but a two or three year, properly done development programme may improve things for everyone. 

stephen25000

« Reply #933 on: June 30, 2016, 08:39:48 AM »
As a further note.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://qz.com/717781/best-two-out-of-three-the-precedents-for-re-doing-the-brexit-referendum/

' Was a second referendum part of Boris Johnson’s plan all along? '

If you look at the financial markets, the Brexit vote will wreak havoc on the UK, Europe, and possibly the global economy. But if you look at political history, there are signs that things may not end so dramatically.

Such is the viewpoint (paywall) of Gideon Rachman, a Financial Times columnist who proffered (paywall) months ago that Brexit, then considered unlikely, would actually happen. In a column today (June 27), he writes that his depression over Britain’s vote to leave the EU ended abruptly when he realized that the move is actually just politics as usual for EU members looking to extract concessions from the union.

“Any long-term observer of the EU should be familiar with the shock referendum result. In 1992 the Danes voted to reject the Maastricht treaty. The Irish voted to reject both the Nice treaty in 2001 and the Lisbon treaty in 2008,” he writes. “And what happened in each case? The EU rolled ever onwards.”

Both Denmark and Ireland leveraged these protest votes to extract concessions from the EU, and then held second referendums in which they voted “yes” to the treaties and moved on, still entwined with the EU.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enough said.

stephen25000

« Reply #934 on: June 30, 2016, 08:50:54 AM »
I gather 75% of MPs think that leaving the EU is a very bad idea for the country.

The referendum was poorly conducted on both sides.

Brexit will not actually solve the underlying problems.  Which are lack of investment in infrastructure, schools, hospitals, roads etc.  these have not kept up with the increase in population, and that has been made worse by immigration. 

It may sound a bit radical but maybe we should tear up the referendum and immediately.get on with a major building and investment  Programme. 

I can see a few problems - given we have lowish unemployment we may need to recruit labour from outside, but a two or three year, properly done development programme may improve things for everyone.

Some interesting points J.P.

Investment in this countries infrastructure is imperative.

To do that, outside labour is essential.

Meanwhile, I note that the current costing of the High Speed rail links has been underestimated, and is also behind schedule. I still have difficulty seeing the merits of a system which will reduce journey times by a matter of a few minutes between cities, especially whilst the current system is in need of upgrading.

Alfie

« Reply #935 on: June 30, 2016, 09:04:32 AM »
If the politicians don't do what they promised this time and are seen to go back on the verdict of this referendum I predict there will be civil unrest on a scale we haven't seen for a long time, it will also open the doors for UKIP to win a GE.  Whilst I don't support withdrawal from the EU, I think there's no going back without even more dire consequences for the country's stability and cohesion....

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #936 on: June 30, 2016, 09:25:45 AM »
If the politicians don't do what they promised this time and are seen to go back on the verdict of this referendum I predict there will be civil unrest on a scale we haven't seen for a long time, it will also open the doors for UKIP to win a GE.  Whilst I don't support withdrawal from the EU, I think there's no going back without even more dire consequences for the country's stability and cohesion....

Possibly.

Those who voted leave on the grounds of the contribution to the EU or the wish to reduce immigration were lied to by Gove, Johnson, Farage and the rest of the crew. 

If we maintain the result of the referendum, and power ahead with leaving membership of the EU, We have two very stark choices.

Norway option, and do ok, but accept free movement of people.

Leave the single market.  And face financial catastrophe. 

On a more positive level, maybe we can bargain concessions with the EU. hold a second referendum or a GE with a clear manadate and maintain membership.

But we must do something about infrastructure.   

stephen25000

« Reply #937 on: June 30, 2016, 09:38:17 AM »

I note your comments.

I also consider what could happen if we leave the EU without agreements being made, and foreign investment diminishes, and with relocation of businesses to mainland Europe, with subsequent levels of unemployment rising , that also could lead to massive civil unrest, as the lies of the brexiters come home to roost.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #938 on: June 30, 2016, 09:46:17 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36670075

I predict property prices to fall by about 50%. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

stephen25000

« Reply #939 on: June 30, 2016, 09:55:40 AM »
On Sky News, Michael Gove is standing for the Conservative Party leadership., saying that Boris

'CANNOT PROVIDE LEADERSHIP OR BUILD THE TEAM FOR THE TASK AHEAD'

@)(++(* @)(++(*

There is nothing like the Tory party when it comes to back-stabbing each other.

In an interview before the referendum, I recall Gove stating he had no interest in becoming the Tory Party leader.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:00:33 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #940 on: June 30, 2016, 10:07:40 AM »
On Sky News, Michael Gove is standing for the Conservative Party leadership., saying that Boris

'CANNOT PROVIDE LEADERSHIP OR BUILD THE TEAM FOR THE TASK AHEAD'

@)(++(* @)(++(*

There is nothing like the Tory party when it comes to back-stabbing each other.

Yesterday MG's wife, Sarah Vine a journo @ DM, was telling MG he must get a firm job offer from BJ!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/29/michael-goves-wife-doubts-boris-johnson-email-sarah-vine-dacre-murdoch

BJ and MG will surely be forever tainted with the Brexit lies.  I'm not saying there wasn't as much misleading info from remain but TM didn't seem to get embroiled in it.

So it might come down to Angela need a bra fitting Eagles or Theresa May.  I know where my vote will be going! 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

stephen25000

« Reply #941 on: June 30, 2016, 10:12:48 AM »
Theresa May on Boris's negotiating chances:

"The last time he did a deal with the Germans he came back with three nearly-new water cannon."

stephen25000

« Reply #942 on: June 30, 2016, 10:14:29 AM »
Yesterday MG's wife, Sarah Vine a journo @ DM, was telling MG he must get a firm job offer from BJ!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/29/michael-goves-wife-doubts-boris-johnson-email-sarah-vine-dacre-murdoch

BJ and MG will surely be forever tainted with the Brexit lies.  I'm not saying there wasn't as much misleading info from remain but TM didn't seem to get embroiled in it.

So it might come down to Angela need a bra fitting Eagles or Theresa May.  I know where my vote will be going!

Not hard to guess Holly. %£5&%

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #943 on: June 30, 2016, 10:30:36 AM »

I agree. Mostly people rub along being allowed to 'choose' at a General Election although the choice is extremely limited. This referendum was direct democracy, however, with a clear result.

People are horrified at the reaction of the politicians and the media. Denigrating voters because the result didn't suit them. Cameron refusing to implement the result. Labour MP's defying the democratic will of their own party.

The vote probably wasn't seen as a blow for democracy, but the result has highlighted how little store politicians and the media value it. They have made it the issue now.

It seems Angela Eagle is said the be challenging Jeremy Corbyn's leadership despite her constituency telling her they support him. Which bit of 'representation' do these arrogant MP's not understand?
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/14585110.Angela_Eagle_under_pressure_from_Wallasey_Labour_party_over_Corbyn_vote/
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #944 on: June 30, 2016, 10:32:43 AM »
Tory Leadership bid could tear Party apart!

Theresa May and Michael Gove have both entered bids to become leader of the Conservative Party and thereafter become Prime Minister by default.

Despite partnering Johnson in the EU referendum, Gove is now saying that Johnson does not have the leadership qualities required to lead the Conservative Party.  For her part Theresa May today mocked Johnson saying that his negotiating skills only extend to buying used water cannons from the Germans.  She also said that she would not call a General Election until 2020 and would not invoke EU Article 50 until the end of the year.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.