Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365248 times)

Lyall

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1185 on: January 11, 2014, 04:08:48 PM »
Turn the argument on its head.

Are no paedophiles burglars?

Pretty puerile stuff, Carana, because, guess what, some parents are too.

8-)(--)

Lyall

« Reply #1186 on: January 11, 2014, 04:21:36 PM »
How can you discuss that possibility so casually?

It beats me.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1187 on: January 11, 2014, 04:28:25 PM »
How can you discuss that possibility so casually?

It beats me.

Perhaps, because for some, anything is preferable to the possibility of the  McCanns being responsible.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Lyall

« Reply #1188 on: January 11, 2014, 04:32:43 PM »
Perhaps, because for some, anything is preferable to the possibility of the  McCanns being responsible.

I think you could be right, jassi. Certainly about some people - they need to have a long think about their motives.

Redblossom

« Reply #1189 on: January 11, 2014, 04:33:03 PM »

Its like an elastic band which keeps getting stretched further and further....at some point realistically it should break, but for some it can be stretched indefinitely without doing so,  its quite magical really

!

Estuarine

« Reply #1190 on: January 11, 2014, 06:26:24 PM »
not at all ..its a british expression to express a degree of politeness and should not be taken literally...I have a reasonable understanding of your position but certainly not complete....
  you have said English is not your first language so that is probably why YOU don't understand

Your understanding of my position? pray tell O Wisest of Pelicans lets all have a laugh.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1191 on: January 11, 2014, 06:29:04 PM »

Your understanding of my position? pray tell O Wisest of Pelicans lets all have a laugh.

I'm having a laugh already  @)(++(*
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline j.rob

« Reply #1192 on: January 12, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
The last I read in the press about this case (the Daily Mail - hmmm, hardly the gospel truth) is that the police are following up leads that Madeleine's 'abduction' was by burglers. This presumably is supposed to link in with a spate of break-ins around the area.

Well - this one is quite priceless. It is probably even more implausible (if that is possible) than the abduction by a paedophile ring.

Just think about it. A petty thief decides to enter an apartment (no sign of a break in so apartment presumably unlocked, if we are to believe the bungled burglar theory). A cursory glance around reveals three young children in the apartment. Now what would any burglar worth his salt do in this particular situation?

Answers please, posters!

Would he/she/they:

1. Check that the children were asleep and if they were make off with any valuables as quickly as possible?

2. Find that one or more of the children were awake (unlikely if not impossible for it to be the twins as they were sleeping as if drugged as evidenced by not waking up even after the alarm was raised and merry hell was breaking out yet still they did not rouse - astonishing, really). Assuming Madeleine woke up ( if we are to believe the bungled burglary theory) what would your average petty thief do? Are we really expected to believe that he, she or they thought: 'oh, bloody hell, a child has woken up - never mind the loot, we better grab the 4 year old in case she blows the whistle'. What are the statistics on burglars who have tried to burgle a house where a  child has woken up, and decided to take the child?

3. Enter the apartment, find that there were children in there, one of whom was (allegedly) disturbed and think: 'this isn't worth it' and flee.

4. Enter an apartment, find that a child is awake, hide their faces and flee with whatever valuables they have managed to grab.

I presume the McCann's media 'experts' are spinning away but the bungled burglary theory is about as ridiculous as you can get. In fact, so silly is the theory that I found myself once again looking at Kate McCann's appalling book 'Madeleine'. The more I read about this very sad case, the more ludicrous Kate McCann's ramblings become.

Take a look at page 325/326 if you can stomach it. Apparently the receptionist is to blame (along with everyone else apart from the McCanns of course) as she wrote in the message book that they (the parents presumably) were leaving the children alone in the apartment.

This, apparently, was a 'green light' to a child taker.

.....err.....so why leave the children alone, if it were a 'green light'.......where is the logic?!

Then Kate goes on to reveal how 'night after night I read of depraved individuals.......of the horrific crimes they'd committed.....the police went to visit some of them.......'so many child molesters' .......'honest to God (there is God again!) when your child has been stolen surely you are entitled to expect more than this'......

Once again, I am struck by Kate's tone of self-righteous indignation. And, once again, we have that sense of entitlement.

She goes on to write how people can be completely wrong in their recall..........yes indeed.....some more than others it would seem.

Read this sentence carefully on page 326: 'One of the reasons I was so staggered when we were made arguidos was that I knew there was nothing to implicate us'.

Well......even if we are to believe that the Portugese police force were completely inept (which I do not) it is still a very strange choice of words from a mother whose child has supposedly been snatched from her bed.

Despite Kate's assertations, there is the simple fact that there is absolutely no evidence (to use Gerry's phrase although not in this context) that Madeleine was abducted or stolen from her bed that night by an unknown person. None whatsoever.

The crucial witnesses are the last people who saw Madeleine - either alive or dead.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #1193 on: January 12, 2014, 11:16:19 AM »

Take a look at page 325/326 if you can stomach it. Apparently the receptionist is to blame (along with everyone else apart from the McCanns of course) as she wrote in the message book that they (the parents presumably) were leaving the children alone in the apartment.

Why would she write such a thing? What was the reason for this? And when did she write it?

Offline j.rob

« Reply #1194 on: January 12, 2014, 11:17:17 AM »
Another little gem from the back cover of the book: 'Once Madeliene has been found the fund will be used to assist searches for other missing children worldwide.'

So the fund will apparently help the parents of children who have gone missing only once 'Madeleine is found' and not a moment before.

Hmmm.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1195 on: January 12, 2014, 11:33:57 AM »
Another little gem from the back cover of the book: 'Once Madeliene has been found the fund will be used to assist searches for other missing children worldwide.'

So the fund will apparently help the parents of children who have gone missing only once 'Madeleine is found' and not a moment before.

Hmmm.

Which presumably means that if Madeleine is never found, then the fund will never benefit any other child.

Or maybe not -

Estuarine

« Reply #1196 on: January 12, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »
Which presumably means that if Madeleine is never found, then the fund will never benefit any other child.

I observed to another poster without the "brawlroom"; with this lot it is mostly a case of RTFSPS; loosely translates as Read The Flipping Small Print Sucker. Down the pub with the boys I wouldn't say flipping!. But with the fund being a limited company the directors can do pretty much what they like with the money provided they don't breach the Companies Act. But where are you told that? I think a lot of misdirection goes on.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1197 on: January 12, 2014, 02:13:34 PM »

So how many hours has it taken you to come up with a response to my post?...around 20...humour is meant to be spontaneous and loses something in the wait.  I don't  wish or need to say anything...you will reveal all in time. you do seem rather interested in the Hogg case having tried to introduce it into discussion several times

Estuarine

« Reply #1198 on: January 12, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »

So how many hours has it taken you to come up with a response to my post?...around 20...humour is meant to be spontaneous and loses something in the wait.  I don't  wish or need to say anything...you will reveal all in time. you do seem rather interested in the Hogg case having tried to introduce it into discussion several times

Jeez boy you really do like the sound of your own keyboard.

stephen25000

« Reply #1199 on: January 12, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »

Yet again, your overinflated ego.

If a poster replies to you, it is up to them when and if they do so. Not to you.

Try and learn that very simple lesson. It's called humility.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:45:35 PM by stephen25000 »