Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365300 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2820 on: April 20, 2014, 10:23:47 AM »
Robert Murat was the first casualty of those trying to help the investigation and he wasn't the last. There have been reports of people being hassled by PI's and the fund.

If it were me, I think I'd have to try and help, but if I were elderly and firmly believed that I knew nothing of value, maybe I'd just want to avoid all the drama and opt for a quiet life.

This article may well be the reason they don't want to get involved. Imagine yourself in that position? You've declined to give your name to the police in relation to something that happened 7 years ago and you knew nothing about and it ends up in a national newspaper.

Not a great way to get people to comply with your wishes.

So from your post you accept the article is basically accurate

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2821 on: April 20, 2014, 10:32:48 AM »

Gosh, well,  If it's written in the Mirror then it must be true.

Whatever happened to the imminent arrests of the burglary 3?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2822 on: April 20, 2014, 10:41:24 AM »
So more hard evidence that SY does not consider tha McCanns suspects....and it seems the reason that no progress is being made is the non cooperation of the portuguese

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2823 on: April 20, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »
I would think black burning shame of myself if I abrogated my civic and humane duty and refused to assist in the search for a missing child.

I would happily assist in the search for a missing child, but I wouldn't get involved in a pseudo search for a dead one.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2824 on: April 20, 2014, 11:22:16 AM »
I would happily assist in the search for a missing child, but I wouldn't get involved in a pseudo search for a dead one.

There is no evidence that Madeleine is dead, unless you can prove otherwise. 

Whatever the cause or the outcome, Madeleine McCann is not only an innocent but a victim, and society has a duty to find out what happened to her and bring whoever is responsible to justice. 

I do not believe this is a pseudo search and find it extraordinary that there are those who endeavour to throw it off track in what I am coming round to thinking is fear that what happened to Madeleine might be discovered.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2825 on: April 20, 2014, 11:31:50 AM »

Whatever the cause or the outcome, Madeleine McCann is not only an innocent but a victim, and society has a duty to find out what happened to her and bring whoever is responsible to justice. 

I do not believe this is a pseudo search and find it extraordinary that there are those who endeavour to throw it off track in what I am coming round to thinking is fear that what happened to Madeleine might be discovered.

I never said there was, but there is certainly a lack of evidence she is alive, and there is one major certainty in life, that being of course death.

I'm not quite sure how my post could be seen as throwing the search off track & that last part is just bonkers.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2826 on: April 20, 2014, 12:33:37 PM »

[/b]

I think quite a few people have thought that for many years.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2827 on: April 20, 2014, 02:57:13 PM »
There is no evidence to prove that she is alive.

So in the absence of proof of death and in the absence of proof of life don't you think that if there is a chance of proving it either way, Madeleine deserves that chance.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #2828 on: April 20, 2014, 03:06:02 PM »
Now when it comes to newspapers talking total crapola on this case 'the mirror' cannot be beaten.

The home of the 'sardine munchers' xenophobic headline.

Can these stories and it would appear SY's efforts get any more pathetic ?

It beggars the question, assuming the Mirror isn't publishing lies, who at Scotland Yard is leaking this information and what are they receiving in return.  Maybe it is about time Redwood made a public statement about these events since leaving the British Press to invent stories just isn't good enough imo.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #2829 on: April 20, 2014, 03:10:31 PM »
Robert Murat was the first casualty of those trying to help the investigation and he wasn't the last. There have been reports of people being hassled by PI's and the fund.

If it were me, I think I'd have to try and help, but if I were elderly and firmly believed that I knew nothing of value, maybe I'd just want to avoid all the drama and opt for a quiet life.

This article may well be the reason they don't want to get involved. Imagine yourself in that position? You've declined to give your name to the police in relation to something that happened 7 years ago and you knew nothing about and it ends up in a national newspaper.

Not a great way to get people to comply with your wishes.

You have to remember too that there were Brits out there with much to hide for reasons other than are connected with Madeleine  McCann.  Undeclared income from rentals being one of them  8(0(*

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2830 on: April 20, 2014, 03:12:35 PM »
It beggars the question, assuming the Mirror isn't publishing lies, who at Scotland Yard is leaking this information and what are they receiving in return.  Maybe it is about time Redwood made a public statement about these events since leaving the British Press to invent stories just isn't good enough imo.

I don't think Redwood can make a public statement...he can hardly say he is unhappy with the Portuguese...perhaps officres at SY are getting frustrated and letting the press know off the record how they feel

Offline jassi

« Reply #2831 on: April 20, 2014, 03:16:55 PM »
I don't think Redwood can make a public statement...he can hardly say he is unhappy with the Portuguese...perhaps officres at SY are getting frustrated and letting the press know off the record how they feel

Potentially dangerous game to play, as there may well be dissenting voices within the team and if they all start leaking, who knows what might come out
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #2832 on: April 20, 2014, 03:29:36 PM »
Posters are again warned that off topic posts are liable to be expunged.

stephen25000

« Reply #2833 on: April 20, 2014, 06:53:57 PM »
So in the absence of proof of death and in the absence of proof of life don't you think that if there is a chance of proving it either way, Madeleine deserves that chance.

So for how many more years will this 'search' go on for ?

As I said earlier SY are clutching at straws. Burglars; Persons of Interest; Mysterious Inhabitants of Other Apartments;...........

Whatever next ?

.............and why should the taxpayer keep paying for it ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2834 on: April 20, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »

So for how many more years will this 'search' go on for ?

As I said earlier SY are clutching at straws. Burglars; Persons of Interest; Mysterious Inhabitants of Other Apartments;...........

Whatever next ?

.............and why should the taxpayer keep paying for it ?

In my opinion New Scotland Yard are trying to carry out a professional policing operation. 

It would seem they are being deliberately obstructed and prevented from doing so.

The current investigation is being delayed and the costs escalated by individuals who are refusing to co-operate by failing to provide basic information i.e. who was present in their property in a block of flats from where a child vanished.

On top of that there seems to be some difficulty implementing letters of request sent to the Portuguese authorities some months ago. 

Again delay = more expense. 

The only beneficiaries of these delays and added expense are the perpetrators of this crime. 

The losers are Madeleine McCann, the British taxpayer and perhaps in the longer term the Portuguese tourist industry. 

In my opinion these avoidable delays are showing Portugal up in a very bad light as the people who have the power to progress the investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance seem to be doing everything in their power to make sure it doesn’t happen.

"As I said earlier SY are clutching at straws. Burglars; Persons of Interest; Mysterious Inhabitants of Other Apartments;...........
Whatever next ?"

You don't think there were burglars operating in the complex?

You don't think NSY having looked at the evidence do not have persons of interest they wish to interview?

Why are the inhabitants of other apartments a mystery?  Could it be that the police didn't ask about them back in 2007?  Could it be that no-one is willing to give answers to the police asking about them in 2014?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:48:04 PM by Brietta »