Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365366 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3015 on: May 08, 2014, 08:30:31 AM »
...and the refusal of the request to search 3 OC staff properties for lack of evidence reinforces the fact that there must be significant reasons for the digs.

I don't see the logic of linking the two issues.
While there must be evidence for the dig, the refusal of the request to search houses indicates a lack of evidence for that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:40:04 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3016 on: May 08, 2014, 08:36:11 AM »
I don't see the logic of liking the two issues.
While there must be evidence for the dig, the refusal of the request to search houses indicates a lack of evidence for that.

No, it's the bloody PJ again, they are going to just let them 3 ex ocean club employees get away with it, when it's bleedin obvious they dunnit.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3017 on: May 08, 2014, 10:37:47 AM »

The fact appears to be that the requests are being taken on merit, hence the refusal of one request suggests that an accepted request is more worthwhile.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3018 on: May 08, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »
The fact appears to be that the requests are being taken on merit, hence the refusal of one request suggests that an accepted request is more worthwhile.

I would have thought selection was based on the legal justification of each individual  request.

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Victoria

« Reply #3019 on: May 08, 2014, 11:43:52 AM »

I doubt it's much to do with merit. Far easier to get permission to roll a geophysics device over a bit of wasteland than to search an individual's property without their consent, wouldn't you think?

Offline John

« Reply #3020 on: May 08, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »

I totally agree jassi and it makes sense.  Are they going to be scratching about in three different excavations looking for three Madeleine's?  No...of course not...it's obvious that they have nothing specific.  As for the refusal by the magistrate to allow the house searches of former OC employees, well that speaks for itself, a phishing exercise pure and simple.

This could very well mark the death throes in this investigation.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3021 on: May 08, 2014, 01:01:20 PM »
We are dismayed with the way the media has behaved over the last couple of days in relation to our daughter's case. There is an on-going, already challenging, police investigation taking place and media interference in this way not only makes the work of the police more difficult, it can potentially damage and destroy the investigation altogether – and hence the chances of us finding Madeleine and discovering what has happened to her. As Madeleine's parents, this just compounds our distress. We urge the media to let the police get on with their work and please show some respect and consideration to Madeleine and all our family.

Thank you.

Gerry and Kate

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign

There is an on-going, already challenging, police investigation taking place and media interference in this way not only makes the work of the police more difficult, it can potentially damage and destroy the investigation altogether – and hence the chances of us finding Madeleine and discovering what has happened to her.

Oh the irony.

Cornelius

« Reply #3022 on: May 08, 2014, 01:31:25 PM »
I totally agree jassi and it makes sense.  Are they going to be scratching about in three different excavations looking for three Madeleine's?  No...of course not...it's obvious that they have nothing specific.  As for the refusal by the magistrate to allow the house searches of former OC employees, well that speaks for itself, a phishing exercise pure and simple.

This could very well mark the death throes in this investigation.

In this country the CPS will raise the ILOR. If they go by their own guidelines fishing expeditions are specifically precluded.
Odd to say the least.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3023 on: May 08, 2014, 01:39:15 PM »

Madeleine McCann: 8 prime suspects British police want to investigate as they arrive in Portugal

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-eight-prime-suspects-3511716

Scotland Yard detectives leading hunt for Madeleine McCann arrive in Portugal ahead of excavations in town where she vanished

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2623254/Scotland-Yard-detectives-leading-hunt-Madeleine-McCann-arrive-Portugal-ahead-excavations-town-vanished.html

McCanns slam media ahead of police summit in search for Madeleine

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/mccanns-slam-media-ahead-of-police-summit-in-search-for-madeleine-30256452.html

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3024 on: May 08, 2014, 02:19:28 PM »
SY sent a letter directly to the UK media asking them not to print the details.

UK media has obliged, and  have only printed the fact that the digs are being planned, NOT the EVIDENCE which has led to the digs being planned.

After a 2 year review and a 2 year investigation, do you honestly think they have whittled exploration down to 3 specific spots in PDL based on a whim?

Please.  They are digging because the EVIDENCE has led them to believe something is there to find.

8@??)(

I do not believe they are following evidence.
I believe they have been denied the opportunity to investigate as they would wish. I believe they are making the best of mopping up areas of searching which should have been eliminated by the original investigation.

I think NSY are just making the best of a bad job and since it appears this is all that has been allowed from the many actions notified in the letters of request, they are taking it. 

Perhaps it was thought they would refuse.

The Portuguese authorities could then have taken the moral high ground, rather than having a hissy fit and intimating that if anything annoyed them permission would be withdrawn. 

Although the Portuguese are the lead authority and will have complete control of all aspects of the dig, I believe we will be footing the bill for it. 

One wonders just exactly what the Portuguese commitment to finding out what happened to Madeleine McCann and apprehending those responsible really is. 
IMO the Met are being blocked from carrying out elementary policing to rule individuals in or out of the inquiry. 

The criminal charges taken under section 56 & 57 of the penal code against Mr Birch effectively rule out excavation of Mr Murat’s driveway. 

Why don’t they just let NSY get on with the job instead of all this obstruction? 
More and more I am seeing and hearing comments wondering what is being hidden here.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

icabodcrane

« Reply #3025 on: May 08, 2014, 02:50:29 PM »
We are dismayed with the way the media has behaved over the last couple of days in relation to our daughter's case. There is an on-going, already challenging, police investigation taking place and media interference in this way not only makes the work of the police more difficult, it can potentially damage and destroy the investigation altogether – and hence the chances of us finding Madeleine and discovering what has happened to her. As Madeleine's parents, this just compounds our distress. We urge the media to let the police get on with their work and please show some respect and consideration to Madeleine and all our family.

Thank you.

Gerry and Kate

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign

There is an on-going, already challenging, police investigation taking place and media interference in this way not only makes the work of the police more difficult, it can potentially damage and destroy the investigation altogether – and hence the chances of us finding Madeleine and discovering what has happened to her.

Oh the irony.

I don't understand  ...   why are Kate and Gerry  'dismayed at the way the media has behaved over the last couple of days'  ? 

Did I miss something  ?   ...   what have the media  done  over the last couple of days that has so dismayed the McCanns  ? 

In what way has the media  'interefered' with the investigation,  as the McCanns are claiming  ?   

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3026 on: May 08, 2014, 03:20:06 PM »
I don't understand  ...   why are Kate and Gerry  'dismayed at the way the media has behaved over the last couple of days'  ? 

Did I miss something  ?   ...   what have the media  done  over the last couple of days that has so dismayed the McCanns  ? 

In what way has the media  'interefered' with the investigation,  as the McCanns are claiming  ?   

Maybe the Portuguese pointing out it's their ball and they're taking it with them if they decide they're not playing has something to do with the Dr McCanns' plea.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

icabodcrane

« Reply #3027 on: May 08, 2014, 03:34:45 PM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-latest-news-cops-3496784

A source close to the McCann’s said:

“Police have assured Kate and Gerry that it does not mean they are specifically searching for her body. They are doing searches as much as to rule scenarios out as much as rule them in."

What does that mean then  ?

What,  exactly,  will these digs  'rule out'   ? 

I mean,  lets say they dig up that bit of waste land and find nothing  ...   what will that 'rule out'  other than the fact that nothing was found in that paricular location ?

How will the news of the  'ruling out'  of that bit of wasteground be presented   ? 

"We can definately rule out that Madeleine was buried on this bit of wasteland here ...  She might be buried on a thousand other bits  of wasteland somewhere else,  but we can definately rule out that she was buried on THIS  piece of wasteland" 

What is the purpose of these designated digs if there is no specific evidence that has led to them  ? 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:48:55 PM by John »

icabodcrane

« Reply #3028 on: May 08, 2014, 03:40:32 PM »
Maybe the Portuguese pointing out it's their ball and they're taking it with them if they decide they're not playing has something to do with the Dr McCanns' plea.

I could understand if this was a pre-emptive plea for restraint,  but that's not what it is

It is a critisism of the media's  'behaviour'  over the last couple of days

What has there been about the media's behaviour  over the last couple of days that has dismayed the McCanns  ...   anyone know  ? 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:44:06 PM by icabodcrane »

Cariad

« Reply #3029 on: May 08, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »
What does that mean then  ?

What,  exactly,  will these digs  'rule out'   ? 

I mean,  lets say they dig up that bit of waste land and find nothing  ...   what will that 'rule out'  other than the fact that nothing was found in that paricular location ?

How will the news of the  'ruling out'  of that bit of wasteground be presented   ? 

"We can definately rule out that Madeleine was buried on this bit of wasteland here ...  She might be buried on a thousand other bits  of wasteland somewhere else,  but we can definately rule out that she was buried on THIS  piece of wasteland" 

What is the purpose of these designated digs if there is no specific evidence that has led to them  ?

This is why I find it difficult to believe that they've just chosen random bits of Portugal to dig up. I assume that they must have some evidence that points to something being buried there. As you say, just digging doesn't actually rule anything out other than that nothing was in that exact location.

Every time I think this case can't get more bizarre, it does.