Author Topic: Channel Five documentary - "Murder in a Small Town"  (Read 51125 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Channel Five documentary - "Murder in a Small Town"
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2021, 09:00:25 PM »
Very interesting Nicholas and a big mystery as to what then happened, a big media blackout on this one.

This stinks!

We’ll probably hear more on them after the documentary has aired
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 09:01:36 PM »
You need proof to make such a claim.

What more proof do you need than the fact Dassey & Avery remain incarcerated?

These may be of interest

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3B6Y_gW_6oo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=73-Zrit8kl0
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 09:03:40 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline John

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 09:03:23 PM »
We’ll probably hear more on them after the documentary has aired

Like Sandra Lean they are very good at dropping names.

Still watching Part 1, nothing new, same old bull, just characters have aged.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 09:04:08 PM »

Indeed

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 09:07:57 PM »

Still watching Part 1, nothing new, same old bull, just characters have aged.

Did Scott Forbes ever mention an alleged 8” brown handled knife before - or is this one of his more recent fabrications ?

Offline John

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2021, 09:08:54 PM »
Did Scott Forbes ever mention an alleged 8” brown handled knife before - or is this one of his more recent fabrications ?

I don't recall any mention of a knife.

Corinne Mitchell looks awful I must say.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 09:10:09 PM »
I don't recall any mention of a knife.

You may not have seen that part yet - it’s right towards the end of the doc. In the scene where you can tell they are all reading from a script  *&^^& - or the words are scripted

« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 09:19:34 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 09:13:43 PM »
Am already seeing through Allan Jamieson in part 2

There’s been no mention of Luke Mitchell having had the opportunity to wash himself off in a nearby stream before heading home for a shower and then heading back out to get dirt under his nails

Also - if greasy hair isn’t washed properly it can still appear greasy once dried and not all shampoos are scented

And extremely greasy hair of not washed thoroughly can still smell greasy

« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 09:38:36 PM by Nicholas »

Offline John

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 09:28:08 PM »
Am already seeing through Allan Jamieson in part 2

There’s been no mention of Luke Mitchell having had the opportunity to wash himself off in a nearby stream before heading home for a shower and then heading back out to get dirt under his nails

Also - if greasy hair isn’t washed properly it can still appear greasy once dried and not all shampoos are scented

A lot has been ignored in Part 1, its all 'poor me' stuff.

I notice Scott Forbes never mentioned the bit about him trying to implicate Mark Kane and sell his story to the media for £50,000?

"A MAN claiming to have evidence that could clear Luke Mitchell of the murder of Jodi Jones wanted to sell his story for £50,000, judges heard yesterday.

Mitchell's lawyers want the Court of Criminal Appeal in Edinburgh to hear from Scott Forbes.

He implicated drug addict Mark Kane, who it's alleged was in the vicinity when Jodi was killed, had unexplained injuries to his face and was acting strangely.

Mitchell's lawyer Donald Findlay QC said cannabis addict Kane "ticked all the same boxes" as Mitchell.

Forbes said Kane, a student at Newbattle Abbey College at the time of the murder, had written an essay on "killing a girl in the woods", and that a lecturer at the college could confirm this.

But John Beckett QC, for the Crown, said a statement from the lecturer "confirmed Kane wrote no such essay".

He added that Forbes had told Kane to play along "and we will get £50,000 from the newspapers".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/luke-mitchell-witness-wanted-50k-968845
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 09:32:07 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 09:34:51 PM »
Well I’m convinced there’s been a miscarriage of justice here, what hasn’t this programme told me that I should be aware of?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2021, 09:35:44 PM »
A lot has been ignored in Part 1, its all 'poor me' stuff.

I notice Scott Forbes never mentioned the bit about him trying to implicate Mark Kane and sell his story to the media for £50,000?
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/luke-mitchell-witness-wanted-50k-968845

They will claim there is only so much that can be presented in the 2 hours (minus commercial time) but there’s no balance whatsoever

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 09:36:49 PM »
Well I’m convinced there’s been a miscarriage of justice here, what hasn’t this programme told me that I should be aware of?

A miscarriage of justice occurred in the Simon Hall case - didn’t however make him innocent

Offline John

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2021, 09:43:46 PM »
Curiously there are no lawyers in Scotland currently called Scott Forbes.

There is however a listing from the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission (PDF attached)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 09:46:59 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 09:48:26 PM »
A miscarriage of justice occurred in the Simon Hall case - didn’t however make him innocent

Sorry you've lost me?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 09:48:34 PM »
I don’t know about that case, I just wondered what evidence there was that would make anyone certain that Luke Mitchell did the crime?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly