Author Topic: PJ Inspector Ana Saltão convicted of murder following Appeal Court decision.  (Read 11704 times)

Offline John

Is this person considered cleared... That's the questionnone of the McCann critics want to answer

She hasn't been cleared, she is still under suspicion.  The PJ will have to reopen the murder enquiry and seek out further evidence.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:58:47 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

Correct, she has not been found innocent of involvement.  The Supreme Court found that there was insufficient evidence to convict her.

If forensics tied a police issue pistol to the murder then clearly there are some very difficult questions still to be answered.

What about all that Gun Residue covering The PJ Office Floors

Offline Mr Gray

She hasn't been cleared, she is still under suspicion.  The PJ will have to reopen the murder enquiry and seek out further evidence.
She's been found not guilty... So again how can the McCann's be cleared when they've never been charged..

All this not proving innocence us a load of baloney

Offline Eleanor

She's been found not guilty... So again how can the McCann's be cleared when they've never been charged..

All this not proving innocence us a load of baloney

It's a bit of a turn up when no matter what happens no one is Innocent.

Offline Mr Gray

Can she be tried again... Re double jeapordy

Offline Venturi Swirl

So what can this woman do now to “prove her innocence”?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

It's a bit of a turn up when no matter what happens no one is Innocent.
Perhaps it all stems back to Original Sin.  I once took my kids to some Christian Summer School thing and was quite shocked when the first thing the Happy Clappy School leader told all the young kids assembled before him that they were all sinners.  Bloody hell, that’s a lot to heap on a two year old and a five year old but maybe in Portugal they really believe it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

I am fascinated by all that Gun Shot Residue all over The PJ Office Floor.  What do they do, have shooting contests?

Offline Venturi Swirl

I am fascinated by all that Gun Shot Residue all over The PJ Office Floor.  What do they do, have shooting contests?
Imagine all the cadaver odour being trampled about in there too.

Offline Eleanor

Imagine all the cadaver odour being trampled about in there too.

Blood?  No, perhaps best not to go there.

Offline Robittybob1

What about all that Gun Residue covering The PJ Office Floors
That might be how they solve crime over there.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

It is a puzzle to me how the PJ managed to match the stolen & unrecovered Glock revolver to any bullets/casings found at the crime scene and, furthermore, to Ana Saltao.

Offline Venturi Swirl

It is a puzzle to me how the PJ managed to match the stolen & unrecovered Glock revolver to any bullets/casings found at the crime scene and, furthermore, to Ana Saltao.
They is very clever innit.  Don’t question or criticize the PJ’s methods, you’re not an expert and so must just accept that they are always right.

Offline Eleanor

Bullets in The Victim.  The Suspect's Mother in Law.  Oodles of Debt.  The Suspect was a PJ Officer with access to Glocks.

Elementary.  But not Proof, apparently.

Offline init

So what can this woman do now to “prove her innocence”?

Not be found guilty... Not sure about the law in Portugal, but certainly in the UK, you don't have to prove you are innocent. You are innocent UNTIL proven guilty.

In my opinion it is the same with the McCanns, like it or not they are innocent, until it is proven that they are guilty.

I think the people that keep saying the McCanns have been cleared / aren't being investigated should remember that absence of proof is not proof of absence.