Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 266884 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #960 on: November 05, 2013, 04:07:18 PM »
What you and others are doing is trying to force modern police investigations into a TV like narrative. Old fashioned methods like Amaral's involve being suspect based- choosing a likely candidate and gathering evidence to prove your guesswork. Modern methods involve considering many lines of enquiry and testing all of them against reality. It is not surprising that various possibilities conflict.

You will note that older methods are much more likely to end up with false convictions or failed prosecutions, because becoming telescopes on one set of facts may blond you to the truth.
8@??)(

Very well put, Aiofe. 

The old EMU type, bury-your-head-in-the-sand thing, goes perfectly with a Fascist State.  This includes if you dont want to believe the facts, then ignore them .... examples of this are seen every day on here.   Where one settles before the facts are established, far too early, on the main suspect and only works to condemn that man.   Amaral did just that

Modern Democratic Methods should look at every angle and keep all options open, ever ready to adjust , change thoughts, as new evidence / facts emerge.  And only when a complete picture emerges, via unbiased means ..... act.

The first is a closed minded, bullying approach = Fascist
The second is an open minded fair approach = Democratic

Portugal has to decide whether despite it calling itself a Democracy, it truly wants to be that .... or whether it is content to remain a Fascist Police State.

stephen25000

« Reply #961 on: November 05, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »
8@??)(

Very well put, Aiofe. 

The old EMU type, bury-your-head-in-the-sand thing, goes perfectly with a Fascist State.  This includes if you dont want to believe the facts, then ignore them .... examples of this are seen every day on here.   Where one settles before the facts are established, far too early, on the main suspect and only works to condemn that man.   Amaral did just that

Modern Democratic Methods should look at every angle and keep all options open, ever ready to adjust , change thoughts, as new evidence / facts emerge.  And only when a complete picture emerges, via unbiased means ..... act.

Portugal has to decide whether despite it calling itself a Democracy, it truly wants to be that .... or whether it is content to remain a Fascist Police State.

Xenophobic behaviour is apparent again in this post

In an open system, all logical considerations should be open to the investigation, and in the SY review it clearly isn't.

So what does that make the UK in your post ?

Lyall

« Reply #962 on: November 05, 2013, 04:15:08 PM »
8@??)(

Very well put, Aiofe. 

Write them a letter with your ultimatum Sadie 8((()*/

Lyall

« Reply #963 on: November 05, 2013, 04:18:23 PM »

In an open system, all logical considerations should be open to the investigation, and in the SY review it clearly isn't.

Sadie's making her bid for this years Tony Parsons Award @)(++(*

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #964 on: November 05, 2013, 04:22:07 PM »

SY are probably one of the best police forces in the world...you just cant accept that after looking at the evidence they don't consider the McCanns suspects

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #965 on: November 05, 2013, 04:24:50 PM »

"In an open system, all logical considerations should be open to the investigation, and in the SY review it clearly isn't."

where is your evidence that they have NOT looked at all logical considerations?

Lyall

« Reply #966 on: November 05, 2013, 04:25:07 PM »
SY are probably one of the best police forces in the world...you just cant accept that after looking at the evidence they don't consider the McCanns suspects

That's your opinion, and good luck to you and the others who hold it, but nothing excuses xenophobic attacks on other countries.

Offline sadie

« Reply #967 on: November 05, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »

How about if SY have worked through them all?  Have considerd in depth all logical considerations.  Are they just tidying up the few little stray bits to confirm their findings?   

Are the conclusions of all that work, the reason that the PJ has decided to re-open the case?

Lyall

« Reply #968 on: November 05, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »
I quite agree with you davel that SY are one of the most respected police forces on an international level and if as DCI Redwood has stated that Kate & Gerry are not suspects then it is of little consequence to SY what I, you or anybody else accepts.

Wrong. If you accept the word of the police without seeing the evidence then it is you and Sadie who live in the police state, not the Portuguese.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #969 on: November 05, 2013, 04:34:07 PM »
stephen's point is so important that I started a new thread:

all logical considerations should be open to the investigation (Awaiting Approval)

Lyall

« Reply #970 on: November 05, 2013, 04:40:51 PM »
Hi Lyall, I haven't said that I have or have not accepted the word of SY ! I merely stated that it is of little consequence to SY what I, you or anybody else accepts, this is their show and they'll run it as they see fit.
And from my experiences when visiting Portugal many times it is far from a police state.

Fair enough Pat. I agree SY couldn't care less what we think. But we do ?{)(**

ferryman

« Reply #971 on: November 05, 2013, 06:36:14 PM »
I think it's pretty much established.

Nothing was "suppressed". 

But the right opportunity for a useful efit to be released has not occurred until now.

Cariad

« Reply #972 on: November 05, 2013, 06:38:19 PM »

But the right opportunity for a useful efit to be released has not occurred until now.

You must have a separate news source to me then! Can you supply links please?

Lyall

« Reply #973 on: November 05, 2013, 06:39:02 PM »

That's one way of putting it.

The "right opportunity" being the exact moment the 9.15 sighting can't be used any longer?

Redblossom

« Reply #974 on: November 06, 2013, 08:01:21 PM »
The Smiths previously denied seeing his face.

My view is that the e-fits are suspected to be useless given their provenance, but TV being a visual medium, needs visual hooks. The presence of visual hooks probably increases the total response rate. E fits anyway are known to be very unreliable.

Lie......please represent the facts...because you cant back up that lie, ta and there was me thinking you  were such a strickler for facts
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:05:27 PM by Redblossom »