Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 265369 times)

Lyall

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #555 on: October 30, 2013, 10:56:48 PM »
how would you like the mccanns/Mitchell to respond ? they be damned if they do and damned if they don't..just to satisfy a handful of posters on a forum get over it 8-)(--)

And the Sunday Times, Telegraph and Mail.

Offline John

« Reply #556 on: October 30, 2013, 10:58:43 PM »
I don't agree ..why should they feed posters obsessions ?

They have got some very serious questions to answer now that it has been revealed that the e-fits which Kennedy commissioned on their behalf were held back.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Benice

« Reply #557 on: October 30, 2013, 11:00:37 PM »
I don't agree ..why should they feed posters obsessions ?

Exactly.  We all know that whatever they said  - it would immediately be turned into yet more sticks to beat them with.    If they say anything it will be wrong, and if they don't say anything it will be wrong.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Aiofe

« Reply #558 on: October 30, 2013, 11:01:31 PM »
They have got some very serious questions to answer now that it has been revealed that the e-fits which Kennedy commissioned on their behalf were held back.

We are still unsure of the provenance and potential accuracy of these e-fits.

Benita

« Reply #559 on: October 30, 2013, 11:03:45 PM »
Exactly.  We all know that whatever they said  - it would immediately be turned into yet more sticks to beat them with.    If they say anything it will be wrong, and if they don't say anything it will be wrong.

my sentiments exactly  8((()*/

Online Eleanor

« Reply #560 on: October 31, 2013, 06:21:48 AM »
We are still unsure of the provenance and potential accuracy of these e-fits.

Indeed we are.  Well said.

Aiofe

« Reply #561 on: October 31, 2013, 07:35:02 AM »
There is so much blaming on here of scapegoats on the 'other' side.

The accusation is that the McCanns suppressed this information and this makes them terribly guilty.

People who identify as [ censored word] are making hay with this and claiming that this makes the McCanns blameworthy.

What if it emerged (which I think it will) that lawyers for the McCanns have been communicating regularly with the AG in Portugal for 5 years since the shelving of the case. What will these crowing people say when it is revealed that the e-fits were sent to the AG five years ago and they rejected them as insufficient to reopen the case? Will the Portuguese AG then be blameworthy.

My view is that the provenance and accuracy of the e-fits is currently doubtful, and that they may be mere window dressing for what is really going on. They are so doubtful that it would have been correct for both the McCanns and the AG to reject them as stand alone information.

We always need to keep in mind that we have only a small percentage of the really important information available to us.

stephen25000

« Reply #562 on: October 31, 2013, 07:41:28 AM »
There is so much blaming on here of scapegoats on the 'other' side.

The accusation is that the McCanns suppressed this information and this makes them terribly guilty.

People who identify as [ censored word] are making hay with this and claiming that this makes the McCanns blameworthy.

What if it emerged (which I think it will) that lawyers for the McCanns have been communicating regularly with the AG in Portugal for 5 years since the shelving of the case. What will these crowing people say when it is revealed that the e-fits were sent to the AG five years ago and they rejected them as insufficient to reopen the case? Will the Portuguese AG then be blameworthy.

My view is that the provenance and accuracy of the e-fits is currently doubtful, and that they may be mere window dressing for what is really going on. They are so doubtful that it would have been correct for both the McCanns and the AG to reject them as stand alone information.

We always need to keep in mind that we have only a small percentage of the really important information available to us.

Well all that was need to be done by the mccanns is to to prove the e-fits were sent 5 years ago.

Make no mistake on this.

The article in the Times has not been recinded has it /

Likewise an e-fit proves nothing.

Seeing a man carrying a child in his arms proves nothing.

Offline Apostate

« Reply #563 on: October 31, 2013, 07:41:56 AM »

How about just saying the article is false? What harm would that do?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #564 on: October 31, 2013, 07:42:04 AM »
Some people believe that the McCanns lied. We do not know. Inconsistencies are not necessarily lies. See the definition of lying- telling an untruth with the INTENTION of misleading and with no other valid justification. There is no way that people can know what the intention of the speakers was at the time. It is a forum myth that the McCanns lied; it is a fact that there are inconsistences in their statements over time.

We do know that the Portuguese Justice System decided that Amaral committed perjury.

I do believe that a conviction by a justice system is possibly more trustworthy than gossip on the internet.

"Some people believe that the McCanns lied."

That's because they did.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id136.html

"Nevertheless, it can also be concluded from the files that this surveillance with the periodicity that was mentioned above was not the one that is alleged in the files"

"They didn't check on them like they afterwards declared they did,"

So there you go, they lied in their own statements.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #565 on: October 31, 2013, 07:47:06 AM »
People may have more than one intention at a time. The primary purpose may have been to discuss progress, and an opportunity to discuss with lawyers also arose. If he would not have gone solely to discuss with lawyers, then it would not be a lie.

You really have to accept that you are nowhere near neutral in this case and will make extreme anti-McCann judgements where possible.

You cannot know that it was a lie, and so should stop using (misusing) the word.

At least he is not a convicted perjurer!

No I am not neutral.

Neither are you.

If someone is questioned as to whether they are pursuing a libel case, and they answer no, and it then turns out they did, it is a lie.

Also, do you seriously believe the Mccanns have never told a lie in this case ???

Aiofe

« Reply #566 on: October 31, 2013, 07:48:15 AM »

"Some people believe that the McCanns lied."

That's because they did.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id136.html

"Nevertheless, it can also be concluded from the files that this surveillance with the periodicity that was mentioned above was not the one that is alleged in the files"

"They didn't check on them like they afterwards declared they did,"

So there you go, they lied in their own statements.

There is a difference between lying (deceiving with intention) and being mistaken.

No 'lies' have been proven that I have seen.

Amaral's thesis is strewn with misleading and erroneous statements and conclusions. I do not believe he was lying, merely that he was mistaken in his understanding of what the various pieces of information meant in context at the time.

Do these inconsistencies of Amaral make him a liar in this instance?

Offline Luz

« Reply #567 on: October 31, 2013, 07:53:09 AM »
Trying to excuse whatever the McCann did or didn't do by attacking, defaming, vilifying other persons is a very poor defense.

That's why most people cannot turn a blind eye on the many twisting strategies, used so far, by the McCann, their extended family, their PRs, their legal team and most of all the Media that sold their soul for fear of being carter-rucked.

Aiofe

« Reply #568 on: October 31, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »
Trying to excuse whatever the McCann did or didn't do by attacking, defaming, vilifying other persons is a very poor defense.

That's why most people cannot turn a blind eye on the many twisting strategies, used so far, by the McCann, their extended family, their PRs, their legal team and most of all the Media that sold their soul for fear of being carter-rucked.

What was the exact charge Amaral was found guilty of?

In a forum where one group feels freee to impute lying to the McCanns with impunity, surely there is a balance where their adversary is known to be a proven liar, that his misdemeanors should also be considered.

stephen25000

« Reply #569 on: October 31, 2013, 08:04:57 AM »
Everybody is capable of lying.

You have still not shown that the McCanns were lying rather than mistaken in their beliefs. Was Amaral lying in his statements which have subsequently been shown to be in error?

No you are being pedantic.

I have  and others have shown the mccanns have lied.

I have had this 'conversation' with another poster on here before.

Perchance are you the same poster under another guise ?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:10:45 AM by stephen25000 »