Author Topic: The ambient lighting and its effect on the children's bedroom window.  (Read 43808 times)

Offline Robin Banks

Re: The ambient lighting and its effect on the children's bedroom window.
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2018, 05:17:31 PM »
Here we have a photo of the street lighting outside apartment 5a,  which was taken shortly after Maddie went missing.  The second photo is a more recent photo and you can clearly see the street light has been moved.  In fact if you look at the pavement further down the road you can just about make out where the street light originally was.

Offline Robin Banks

« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2018, 05:21:01 PM »
The photo's are the wrong way round, sorry about that.  First photo is the more recent.

Offline John

« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2018, 05:25:06 PM »
Here we have a photo of the street lighting outside apartment 5a,  which was taken shortly after Maddie went missing.  The second photo is a more recent photo and you can clearly see the street light has been moved.  In fact if you look at the pavement further down the road you can just about make out where the street light originally was.

They changed the light head but the pole is still in its original position.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robin Banks

« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2018, 05:27:09 PM »
They changed the light head but the pole is still in its original position.

Look again John, the street light has moved.

Offline John

« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2018, 05:38:42 PM »
Look again John, the street light has moved.

Apologies, you are right, I never noticed that previously.  It has moved to the southern side of the bush which overhangs the wall.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Robin Banks

« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2018, 05:44:55 PM »
Apologies, you are right, I never noticed that previously.  It has moved to the southern side of the bush which overhangs the wall.

No John, click on the picture itself for the whole picture.  The street lamp has moved up the road, you can see where it used to be on the pavement further down the road.

Offline Robin Banks

« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2018, 05:54:50 PM »
Here is a better photo.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2018, 05:58:12 PM »
Here is a better photo.

What are we supposed to gather from this?

Offline Robin Banks

« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2018, 06:06:44 PM »
What are we supposed to gather from this?

I think we can gather from this that the light source on the May 3rd 2007 would be far weaker in the children's bedroom than it is today, the street light was further away from the apartment, which would mean, very little light entered that room, if any at all.   

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2018, 06:10:40 PM »
I think we can gather from this that the light source on the May 3rd 2007 would be far weaker in the children's bedroom than it is today, the street light was further away from the apartment, which would mean, very little light entered that room, if any at all.

Yep.  It was probably pitch black.  Which is why the abductor thought he could get away with it.  Which he did.  In my opinion.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2018, 06:20:47 PM »
This is the street lamp which would have given any light there was to the bedroom.  The photo must have been taken after Madeleine's disappearance because the trees have been cut down and a powerful floodlight has been installed but it is still the old style street lighting.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2018, 12:22:50 AM »
No John, click on the picture itself for the whole picture.  The street lamp has moved up the road, you can see where it used to be on the pavement further down the road.

Actually below are better photos taken of the lamppost opposite the McCann apartment as it appeared in May 2007 and also an elevated daytime view of the two street lamps, one opposite 5a and the other on the street corner.

Something I have noticed while looking at these photos again is that the lantern style went from round in 2007 to triangular a few years later and is now back to round again.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:38:29 AM by John »

Offline Robin Banks

« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2018, 12:29:52 AM »
Actually below is a better photo taken of the lamppost opposite the McCann apartment as it appeared in May 2007.

No I don't think so John.  In my picture I showed you where the original street lamp was, I've done my homework, stop trying to pull the wool over my eyes, it's not working and others know of this.

Offline John

« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2018, 01:30:36 AM »
No I don't think so John.  In my picture I showed you where the original street lamp was, I've done my homework, stop trying to pull the wool over my eyes, it's not working and others know of this.

That picture you posted was a distortion of the original which I posted #146.  You only need to look at the short lamppost to see the distortion. You will also note that in your photo #136 above, the roadside gully is missing since it is just out of shot bottom of pic.  My aerial pic taken in May 2007 clearly shows the original lamppost almost directly opposite the gate to 5a and we know this to be true as the light from this lamp shone on part of the steps and patio of 5a..

In any event the photo below shows the exact spot and magically all signs of a previous lamppost adjacent to the road gully have disappeared.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 04:42:39 PM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2018, 01:55:10 AM »
They say the camera never lies Robin, but this is an example illustrating that it does.  If you ignore the view we have of block five and use block six as a reference point you will see that John is right.  That lamp post never moved.  It remains in alignment with the corner and  windows of block six in both photos.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....