Author Topic: The ambient lighting and its effect on the children's bedroom window.  (Read 43813 times)

Offline John

Re: The ambient lighting and its effect on the children's bedroom window.
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2018, 04:41:38 PM »
They say the camera never lies Robin, but this is an example illustrating that it does.  If you ignore the view we have of block five and use block six as a reference point you will see that John is right.  That lamp post never moved.  It remains in alignment with the corner and  windows of block six in both photos.

It begs the question as to who put a photo shopped image on the internet and for what reason?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2018, 05:41:42 PM »
It begs the question as to who put a photo shopped image on the internet and for what reason?

LOL, I must be suffering from an extreme attack of naivety.  It didn't occur to me for a minute that the image might have been photo shopped ~ certainly photo shopped images have been a feature of Madeleine's case and have appeared on many blogs etc. over the years.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2018, 07:19:49 PM »
No I don't think so John.  In my picture I showed you where the original street lamp was, I've done my homework, stop trying to pull the wool over my eyes, it's not working and others know of this.

There are two lamps - one opposite the apartment and one at the top (also another opposite the secondary reception). There is also a lamp post near to the car park entrance in front of the apartments. 

You can see all 3 lamp posts in this image:

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2018, 07:33:32 PM »
There are two lamps - one opposite the apartment and one at the top (also another opposite the secondary reception). There is also a lamp post near to the car park entrance in front of the apartments. 

You can see all 3 lamp posts in this image:

Are these the 3 street lights?

1. one opposite the apartment

2.  and one at the top of the road (at the corner?).   

3. There is also a lamp post near to the car park entrance in front of the apartments.

Your are not counting "(also another opposite the secondary reception)".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2018, 07:38:22 PM »
No I'm not counting the one opposite the secondary reception because it cannot be seen in the image I posted. 3 can be seen not 4.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2018, 07:54:40 PM »
Are these the 3 street lights?

1. one opposite the apartment

3. There is also a lamp post near to the car park entrance in front of the apartments.

Your are not counting "(also another opposite the secondary reception)".
Of these 3 street lamps only 2 IMO would have lit up Madeleine's bedroom

Namely"

The effectiveness would depend on how much vegetation got in the way.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2018, 07:57:05 PM »
Of these 3 street lamps only 2 IMO would have lit up Madeleine's bedroom

Namely"

The effectiveness would depend on how much vegetation got in the way.

Neither seem very close (20 meters?) and a lot of foliage in the way. Can't see either providing a lot of light.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2018, 08:00:12 PM »
Neither seem very close (20 meters?) and a lot of foliage in the way. Can't see either providing a lot of light.
That seems right.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #158 on: May 16, 2018, 02:32:01 AM »

It remains as a light source in what was obviously a very dark area of the accommodation.
In my opinion there is no definitive answer as to how much ambient light it may have added because as far as I know, witnesses were not specifically asked.
That it was later considered the darkness made the area vulnerable is verified by the foliage being cut down which allowed illumination from the street lights situated outside block six, the addition of window bars and floodlighting.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2018, 09:09:07 AM »
As Pfinder says, there are three lamposts.  The one immediately opposite the Mccann patio is difficult to see.

Zoom right in on the photo and concentrate on the left hand conifer.  If you look carefully you will see a dark globe shape peeping out of the top of the tree.(it is in shadow, so looks dark)

All the lamps are between 12 and 20 metres away (roughly) from Madeleines window.

The great bushy trees make them ineffective as to lighting the window or door alcove.  Some reflected light would get thru, but it would be very minimal.   
In fact, having been there, in the walled pathway in front of Madeleines bedroom and the Front door alcove, I can afirm that it was very gloomy there and the doorway alcove was extremely dark.  That was in mid 2010

An added reason for checking via the patio door, rather than the front door?   Getting a key into a lock without light would have been a real pain IMO.