Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414059 times)

Lyall

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #360 on: November 30, 2013, 10:46:50 PM »
They contacted him I think.

Fair enough, Anne. I just checked what Redwood says: "Having discussed with them what they were doing on the night, they themselves thought that they could be the Tanner sighting".

Carefully worded by the DCI.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #361 on: November 30, 2013, 10:49:04 PM »
Fair enough, Anne. I just checked what Redwood says: "Having discussed with them what they were doing on the night, they themselves thought that they could be the Tanner sighting".

I wonder if "them" means all foreign fathers of little kids.

Lyall

« Reply #362 on: November 30, 2013, 11:04:47 PM »
I wonder if "them" means all foreign fathers of little kids.

Eight families with eleven children in the creche, Redwood says.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #363 on: November 30, 2013, 11:11:05 PM »
Madeleine didn't go out through the window and it wasn't a means of entry or exit for anyone. The only evidence found on it were fingerprints. The window will be used to show that an abductor didn't need to open it. Actually it would be crazy for an abductor to take the unnecessary risk and wasting precious time in raising those noisy shutters, never mind squeezing past cots, bed, chair in the dark without leaving any evidence. If an opportunist  burglar opened it and left empty handed then he timed it very well because it wasn't open at 9.30 and JT and ROB both went through the car park at the front of the apartments after that time and didn't notice it being open. It was found open a short time later according to Kate.
I agree that no-one climbed in the window, no-one climbed out the window, and no-one and nothing was passed through the window. What I am suggesting is that the first event was someone opened the window and shutter from outside then immediately ran away and did nothing else.

Offline Benice

« Reply #364 on: November 30, 2013, 11:12:54 PM »
You are extrapolating, GA doesn't speak of human traffic. Those precarious boats from Africa don't end up near the Portuguese coast, but in Mediterranean ones.

No I'm not.    I quoted his exact words, it was you tried to put a different meaning on what he said by inferring that he was referring only to drugs.   

Drug trafficking is only one kind of trafficking.   That is not what he said.

''All sorts of trafficking''  means more than one sort of trafficking.     It could not be more clear. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #365 on: November 30, 2013, 11:17:10 PM »
I agree that no-one climbed in the window, no-one climbed out the window, and no-one and nothing was passed through the window. What I am suggesting is that the first event was someone opened the window and shutter from outside then immediately ran away and did nothing else.

The Phantom Shutter Opener of Praia da Luz, raising peoples shutters & sneaking off into the night !

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #366 on: November 30, 2013, 11:23:21 PM »
At least one of the parents collecting a child(s) from creche that night was a mother. I think it is in the statement of one of the employees doing the creche that night.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2013, 11:28:06 PM »
No I'm not.    I quoted his exact words, it was you tried to put a different meaning on what he said by inferring that he was referring only to drugs.   

Drug trafficking is only one kind of trafficking.   That is not what he said.

''All sorts of trafficking''  means more than one sort of trafficking.     It could not be more clear.
GA doesn't mention human traffic.
Everybody knows there is traffic of drugs and arms and illegal fishing. But I've never heard of human traffic. So please provide a link or don't spread a myth.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #368 on: November 30, 2013, 11:34:48 PM »
Perhaps there was only one father (no choice) who alone picked up his child at about 9. Innocentman, coming from the creche, anyhow, would hardly cross FGM in the W-E direction.
DCI RW's credibility is low on that topic.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #369 on: November 30, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »

Where is it mentioned who contacted whom?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #370 on: November 30, 2013, 11:44:55 PM »
The Phantom Shutter Opener of Praia da Luz, raising peoples shutters & sneaking off into the night !
You may scoff but
Phantom Creche Dad turned out to be real.
Phantom Shutter Opener will too IMO.
A burglar, who while gaining access finds unexpectedly that not everyone is out, will immediatly run away.

Lyall

« Reply #371 on: November 30, 2013, 11:49:24 PM »
Perhaps there was only one father (no choice) who alone picked up his child at about 9. Innocentman, coming from the creche, anyhow, would hardly cross FGM in the W-E direction.
DCI RW's credibility is low on that topic.

I agree. He describes his revelation moment as "exciting", which I guess is as close as they're ever going to come to saying in public that they didn't believe 9.15 man was an abductor in the first place.

Offline Benice

« Reply #372 on: November 30, 2013, 11:55:55 PM »
GA doesn't mention human traffic.
Everybody knows there is traffic of drugs and arms and illegal fishing. But I've never heard of human traffic. So please provide a link or don't spread a myth.

LOL - it's not me trying to spread a myth.     You are the one who decided that 'all sorts of trafficking' meant only one sort of trafficking  - and it was you who decided that he meant drugs trafficking.   He clearly did not say that.     

It's not my words that you are disputing - it's Amarals own words from his own book!

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Lyall

« Reply #373 on: November 30, 2013, 11:55:59 PM »
Where is it mentioned who contacted whom?

Redwood doesn't say in Crimewatch, he just says "one particular family we spoke to gave us information that was really interesting and exciting". He doesn't actually say who contacted who.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #374 on: December 01, 2013, 12:20:08 AM »
You may scoff but
Phantom Creche Dad turned out to be real.
Phantom Shutter Opener will too IMO.
A burglar, who while gaining access finds unexpectedly that not everyone is out, will immediatly run away.

What I find interesting about the shutters is the alleged alibi that it provided at around the time of the Smithman sighting. Close but no cigar.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.