Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414072 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #405 on: December 03, 2013, 08:41:51 PM »
A case from WIsconsin - and there are dozens of cases like this

http://host.madison.com/news/local/crime_and_courts/police-burglar-scared-off-as-noise-awakens-sleeping-resident/article_792bb334-b1ee-5a4f-b7f0-5e89f8f61105.html
A Downtown resident awakened by a noise early Wednesday scared off a would-be burglar who left empty-handed ---- The attempted burglary happened at about 4:45 a.m ---- The resident heard a window being opened and turned a light on, scaring off the burglar ---- The window, which had been closed but wasn't locked, was now open

The burglar never entered, the crime scene was an open window through which no-one entered or exited.
P.S. Exactly like the crime scene in PDL. Simples. Burglary interrupted pre-entry.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:10:09 AM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #406 on: December 03, 2013, 09:03:36 PM »
That would be extraordinary good timing for an alleged burglar to be opening the windows and shutters just before Madeleine was reported to be missing.

"immediately noticed that the door to her children's bedroom was completely open, the window was also open, the shutters raised and the curtains open."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:17:31 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #407 on: December 03, 2013, 09:27:45 PM »
That would be extraordinary good timing for an alleged burglar to be opening the windows and shutters just before Madeleine was reported to be missing.
Not extraordinary at all IMO if you see the causal link.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #408 on: December 07, 2013, 11:09:11 PM »
The verdade video claims there is evidence (the locations of prints) that KM opened the window.
Has anyone else actually watched the relevant footage (crossed arms) and seen the exact reason why that claim is incorrect?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:11:04 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #409 on: December 23, 2013, 02:35:11 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTNXowdzksI
The photo at 9m30s is a crucial part of the examination of who opened the bedroom window.
Look through the photos in the files until you find that exact photo , then read the caption.
The photo at 9m34s is also a crucial part of the examination of who opened the bedroom window.
Look through the photos in the files until you find that exact photo , then read the caption.
What are those two photos of? Whose identifiable print? Which digit? Which room?
Read the captions and you may be surprised.
The totally innocent person accused of opening the window has been more unjustly accused than any other IMO.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:42:25 AM by pegasus »

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #410 on: December 23, 2013, 06:38:11 AM »
I looked at the window, the size the height the shutter. The noise to lift the shutters up, then negotiate to slide the window, and then climb in the window which only had a small opening really, would have left scuff marks etc on the wall and sill. I believe there was non?

Also the window was in full view of the car park. Would a burglar choose such an entry? The door i can understand. IF they had the tools they could probably get in the front door easier it was away from the light and set to an angle so no one would have really noticed. It would probably have been less effort to get in the front door.

I had an intruder many years ago with a window similar and a shutter which was slightly raised to give air, and I heard the person immediately as the shutter rattled and so did my sister who was in the room with me and we scared him off. It scared us to death to be honest, and a new security lock was fitted internally, but the shutters do make a noise without doubt.

Noise travels at night surely if someone tampered with the shutter and window the amount of Tapas 7 floating about and OTHER PEOPLE, i.e. residents and holiday makers wouldnt someone have heard it....

Nah for me it never happened. If it dont make sense then it usually isnt. BUT if you wanted to set a scene then opening the window and shutter would be part of the scene that was set by the players.

Offline Anna

« Reply #411 on: December 23, 2013, 07:52:38 AM »
Apart from all the technical reason for the windows being opened and by whom, would an abductor really risk waking the children? The same goes for any intruder, for whatever reason.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Apostate

« Reply #412 on: December 23, 2013, 11:19:18 AM »
The McCanns say both doors were unlocked there was no need to use a window.

Offline sadie

« Reply #413 on: December 23, 2013, 11:25:46 AM »
I looked at the window, the size the height the shutter. The noise to lift the shutters up, then negotiate to slide the window, and then climb in the window which only had a small opening really, would have left scuff marks etc on the wall and sill. I believe there was non?

Also the window was in full view of the car park. Would a burglar choose such an entry? The door i can understand. IF they had the tools they could probably get in the front door easier it was away from the light and set to an angle so no one would have really noticed. It would probably have been less effort to get in the front door.

I had an intruder many years ago with a window similar and a shutter which was slightly raised to give air, and I heard the person immediately as the shutter rattled and so did my sister who was in the room with me and we scared him off. It scared us to death to be honest, and a new security lock was fitted internally, but the shutters do make a noise without doubt.

Noise travels at night surely if someone tampered with the shutter and window the amount of Tapas 7 floating about and OTHER PEOPLE, i.e. residents and holiday makers wouldnt someone have heard it....

Nah for me it never happened. If it dont make sense then it usually isnt. BUT if you wanted to set a scene then opening the window and shutter would be part of the scene that was set by the players.
No cars on the car park at all on the occasions that I visited in June/July 2010.

That window and shutter were opened and the noise was so normal and unobtrusive that no-one noticed it.
I repeat NO-ONE noticed it.

You do realise that when presented on videos the shutter noise can be magnified.  Not saying it was, but we dont know.

That supposed noise is a BIG deal to some on here.  I wonder why? 
No-one heard it, it cant have been very loud..

AnneGuedes

« Reply #414 on: December 23, 2013, 11:37:23 AM »

Like you, I have many of those shutters and I know how noisy they can be at night, even when they're lifted the normal way. My neighbour downstairs even asked me to close my bedroom ones before 10, because the noise woke her up.
The walls (the building wall and the carpark wall constitute a marvellous sound box. This is why Mr O'Brien heard his child cry when he was crossing the car park.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:06:29 PM by AnneGuedes »

Offline Anna

« Reply #415 on: December 23, 2013, 11:56:07 AM »
No cars on the car park at all on the occasions that I visited in June/July 2010.

That window and shutter were opened and the noise was so normal and unobtrusive that no-one noticed it.
I repeat NO-ONE noticed it.

You do realise that when presented on videos the shutter noise can be magnified.  Not saying it was, but we dont know.

That supposed noise is a BIG deal to some on here.  I wonder why? 
No-one heard it, it cant have been very loud..

Whoever opened it ,It didn't wake the babies, but they didn't wake when all the noise was going on after 10pm either, did they?.
 IMO I think an intruder/ kidnapper, would have used the door and would not risk waking the children with the shutters and window noise, how ever quietly they could do it.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline pegasus

« Reply #416 on: December 24, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »
At 9m30s a photo of fingerprints is  shown as a crucial part of proving KM opened the bedroom window.
Believing in checking all sources carefully, I searched the files until I found that exact photo.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P4/04_VOLUME_IVa_Page_971.jpg
Read the caption yourself.
Its a policemans thumb on the outside of the lounge door-window.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:57:43 PM by pegasus »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #417 on: December 25, 2013, 03:46:37 AM »
Come on, the comment doesn't say the exhibited fingerprint is Mrs McCann's one and it's clearly written under the fingerprint "door/window living room".

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #418 on: December 25, 2013, 06:51:30 AM »
Like you, I have many of those shutters and I know how noisy they can be at night, even when they're lifted the normal way. My neighbour downstairs even asked me to close my bedroom ones before 10, because the noise woke her up.
The walls (the building wall and the carpark wall constitute a marvellous sound box. This is why Mr O'Brien heard his child cry when he was crossing the car park.

EXACTLY, and if we are to believe the McCanns and their friends spent all evening going back and forth someone would have heard the shutters opening surely.

We rarely opened ours to be honest, they were security and also to keep the heat out so we got used to just leaving them down anyway.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #419 on: December 25, 2013, 05:09:56 PM »
Come on, the comment doesn't say the exhibited fingerprint is Mrs McCann's one and it's clearly written under the fingerprint "door/window living room".
The last part of this video segment is about the bedroom window.
It is not about the lounge door-window.
The page from the files shown in the video at 9m30s is NOT of the bedroom window and is NOT of KM's prints.
The page from the files shown in the video at 9m34s is NOT of the bedroom window and is NOT of KM's prints.
The image at 9:30s is what inspired Mr Flores IMO to do his crossed arm demonstration.
What are images from the files, of a GNR officer's thumbprint on the lounge patio door, which are nothing to do with KM and nothing to do with the bedroom, doing in the middle of a "proof" that KM opened the bedroom window?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 05:12:30 PM by pegasus »