Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414053 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #675 on: January 03, 2014, 04:07:21 PM »
In Verdade film reason for climbing up is hearing chat which is very close to beneath lounge window.

Moving the chat over the road and south would negate the climb up theory.

Offline sadie

« Reply #676 on: January 03, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »
That day was better weather than the other days. No gusts of wind moved that door IMO. You only have to look at Gerry's first statement saying the door was half-open which was the usual. So when Matt came in at 9.30 and found it half-open that's exactly the way it was left. Only in Gerry's 2nd statement the door was found to be unusual being found half-open. Before you sign a statement you read it to see if everything is ok. Contradictions like this and using the front door key and then changing it to using unlocked patio door stand out as big discrepancies to investigators.
There were 20mph gusts that night pathfinder.  Official records posted earlier on this forum confirm that.

Do you have any scientific knowledge about gusts and how a 20 mph gust might have affected that door?

In this instance, I am asking for facts, not thoughts, please

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #677 on: January 03, 2014, 06:04:06 PM »
Sadie if 20 mph winds were coming through that window then the door would be slammed shut and not open when Kate arrived.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #678 on: January 03, 2014, 06:05:05 PM »
How can using a key to the door be a translation error to using the unlocked patio door? It's easy for anyone to say it's a translation error.
My understanding is that the patio door only locked from the inside.  If that is the case it is unlikely that it would lock with a lose key, cos no keyhole.

We have travelled extensively, business and pleasure, and in our experience all the patio doors that only lock from the inside have a slider that locks them, just on the inside.  No key

Please correct me if I am wrong about the door not locking from the outside, but I think I am remembering correctly.

Offline John

« Reply #679 on: January 03, 2014, 06:21:26 PM »
My understanding is that the patio door only locked from the inside.  If that is the case it is unlikely that it would lock with a lose key, cos no keyhole.

We have travelled extensively, business and pleasure, and in our experience all the patio doors that only lock from the inside have a slider that locks them, just on the inside.  No key

Please correct me if I am wrong about the door not locking from the outside, but I think I am remembering correctly.

The patio door did not have a keyhole thus no key, it locked only from the inside.  Any patrons wishing to leave their apartment secure will lock the patio door from the inside before leaving via the front door which did have a key operated locking mechanism.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:20:39 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #680 on: January 03, 2014, 06:24:47 PM »
Which file? Gerry, Jane's or Jez's?

Almost certainly none of them will have exactly what Gerry said...thats why uk police use audio recording

Offline pegasus

« Reply #681 on: January 03, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »
Looking at "dragons blood" photos in the files, IMO......

On the lounge patio door: many prints, of those the only identifiable one was of a GNR officer.
On the bedroom shutter: many prints, none identifiable.
On the bedroom window: many prints, of those the only identifiable ones were of KM.

The allegation, that the locations of KMs prints on the window are  "indicating that she opened the window", is false IMO.

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #682 on: January 03, 2014, 06:30:34 PM »
Hi all,

I am leaving the Madeleine case, and wrote here the reasons why ... http://espacioexterior.blogspot.com ...

Even though I'd like to know if it is possible (and how) to obtain information about a Portugal mobile phone number. Directories, inverse searching and the like ...

Do you know how to proceed?

Thanks. Heri.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:26:07 PM by Heriberto Janosch »

stephen25000

« Reply #683 on: January 03, 2014, 06:37:35 PM »
Hi all,

I am leaving the Madeleine case, and wrote here the reasons why ... http://espacioexterior.blogspot.com ...

Even though I'd like to know if it is possible (and how) to obtain information about a Portugal mobile phone number. Directories, inverse searching and the like ...

Do you know how to proceed? (the phone number is in the picture).

Thanks. Heri.

Deja vu..............

Proof of abduction ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #684 on: January 03, 2014, 06:42:28 PM »
Deja vu..............

Proof of abduction ?

no proof but certainly evidence...do you know the difference

Offline John

« Reply #685 on: January 03, 2014, 06:44:16 PM »
Hi all,

Do you know how to proceed? (the phone number is in the picture).

Thanks. Heri.

Sorry to hear that you have given up Heri.  Before you go I want to mention the following claims you have made...

"I am also almost sure of the following: (a) Jane Tanner saw the abductor with Madeleine at about 21:50; (b) members of the Smith family saw the abductor with Madeleine at about 22:00; (c) the abduction was not planned, it was a burglary that gone wrong; (d) the abductor opened Madeleine's room window from the outside; (e) at least an Ocean Club employee was involved in the abduction (see "A QUESTION" in the right column)."

Firstly, (a) Jane never claimed to have seen any abductor at 9.50pm.  (b) There is no evidence that any member of the Smith family saw an abductor, they saw a man carrying a child. (c) Burglars are petty thieves and as such are only interested in items which they can readily be disposed of.  Secondly, burglars are not in the habit of stealing children.  If Madeleine was abducted it was as a result of a planned operation.  (d) There is no evidence one way or another as to who opened the children's bedroom window or how. (e) Your contention that a member of the staff at Ocean Club was involved is pure speculation, without evidence it is meaningless.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:52:59 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #686 on: January 03, 2014, 06:48:27 PM »
no proof but certainly evidence...do you know the difference

Pray tell, what evidence ?

N.B. Someone seen carrying a child is nae evidence. 8((()*/

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #687 on: January 03, 2014, 06:52:19 PM »
Pray tell, what evidence ?

N.B. Someone seen carrying a child is nae evidence. 8((()*/

Yes it is...not good evidence but it is evidence...witness statements are also evidence

stephen25000

« Reply #688 on: January 03, 2014, 06:54:53 PM »
Yes it is...not good evidence but it is evidence...witness statements are also evidence

It's no evidence at all, seeing a child being carried, pure supposition which would be laughed out of court.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #689 on: January 03, 2014, 07:00:12 PM »

It's no evidence at all, seeing a child being carried, pure supposition which would be laughed out of court.

whatever the court thought of it ..it would be classed as evidence