Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414046 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #720 on: January 05, 2014, 04:14:43 PM »
As used by that well known Glaswegian Brian Healey? Maybe he did get it from the horses mouth after all then?  8(0(*

I knew about the terminology fifty years ago.  But then I speak Glaswegian.  It often has nothing to do with an actual Jemmy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:18:12 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #721 on: January 05, 2014, 04:19:06 PM »
I knew about the terminology fifty years ago.  But then I speak Glaswegian.  It often has nothing to do with an actual Jemmy.

So how do you force a window without a nail bar Eleanor?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #722 on: January 05, 2014, 04:21:32 PM »
It doesn't actually.  A shutter pushed up from the outside doesn't stay up.  That in itself is basic to understanding the forensics in this case.  Like you, the McCanns didn't know this at the time which explains a lot.

To repeat...a shutter will only remain up if pulled up "using the internal strap'.

Not true if the perpetrator is able to open the window and access the pull cord.  Not that I think that this is what happened.  But I can no longer be bothered to go into what I think happened.  And it doesn't matter anyway.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #723 on: January 05, 2014, 04:27:04 PM »
So how do you force a window without a nail bar Eleanor?

There is a video showing PeterMac raising the shutter from outside, by dint of his own hands.  After that you just need to open the window and pull the internal strap.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #724 on: January 05, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »
The would-be petty thief commences gaining entry only because he thinks no-one is home IMO

Offline John

« Reply #725 on: January 05, 2014, 05:15:27 PM »
I will repeat this advice from my own professional experience of those I have previously come across.

An opportunist thief normally only operates in the daylight, he or she sees an opportunity and goes for it.  By virtue of it being dark on the night Madeleine disappeared I believe we can rule them out.

A burglar is not stupid.  He or she will not jeopardise their own safety if there is a chance they might be disturbed.  They do not rob on an ad hoc basis, each targeted property is cased carefully in order to establish who is normally there, at what time and to establish if it is worth the risk.

A burglar would not attempt a robbery if there are children in a property for obvious reasons, it just isn't worth the risk.  Any reputable burglar would not therefore have attempted to enter the McCann apartment when they knew the three children were inside.  They would most certainly not have used their bedroom window... a no brainer.

If someone targeted that apartment they did so as an abductor and had most probably been watching the movements there for a number of days.  This is one reason why I would rule Hewlett out of the equation since he did not have the time to do so.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:25:27 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #726 on: January 05, 2014, 05:38:47 PM »
The apartment looked like no-one was in.
Lights (except one dim light) were turned out when adults went out.
From inside comes no noise, no voices, no shower noise, no TV noise.
If I was a petty thief I would certainly assume everyone was out.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:41:17 PM by pegasus »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #727 on: January 05, 2014, 07:02:44 PM »
And then wedge it with your jemmy! Joking aside I'm actually with you on this Eleanor. My original comment was in relation to the other thread were it was argued that Brian lied and did not get the word from Gerry (even though he said he did) who is Glaswegian.

You only need to live in Glasgow for half a minute to know what it means.  And Jemmies are quite big, you know.

Offline sadie

« Reply #728 on: January 05, 2014, 11:16:28 PM »
Q. So what are you saying - the burglar didn't enter the apartment?
A. Correct IMO.
The front door was used for entry and departure almost without doubt.  Madeleine went out that way too ! The front door was so hidden within its recess and in virtaully pitch blackness that it was Gods gift to anyone wanting to enter. 
No-one had view of that door. 
No one passed by.
No light on it.

A powerful group is trying to take attention away from the front door ... and the only reason that I can think of , is that it WAS USED AS THE WAY IN .... and also that it gives the game away that someone from OC was likely involved in providing the key

Offline pegasus

« Reply #729 on: January 06, 2014, 09:00:46 PM »
Mr Amarals film has video footage in which a young actress first wakes up,  and then goes into the lounge.
The footage IMO provides no plausible reasons why the actress did these two things.
No waking noise of shutter being opened from outside, no seeing silhouette outside.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:03:32 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #730 on: January 06, 2014, 11:08:16 PM »
Imo the 5 fingerprints of KM were on the interior surface of the GLASS of the window.
P.S. Unless anyone has a better translation of "vidro" ?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:18:52 PM by pegasus »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #731 on: January 06, 2014, 11:21:50 PM »
If there was a burglar or a petty thief he would not have any reason to take Madeleine!

Why would he take he?

Can anyone suggest any logical reason?

Plus, nothing was taken from the property!

IMO that person that night came for Madeleine! Not for any other reason!

Unless:
1. Madeleine could recognise the person
2. Madeleine was screaming and was accidentally killed by a burglar

There is one more option.. and that is like the case of Natali Holloway.. that a teenage person accidentally killed Madeleine, while she was on the street and then the protector of this young person came in, opened the window and made it look like a burglary.

Estuarine

« Reply #732 on: January 06, 2014, 11:33:59 PM »
You only need to live in Glasgow for half a minute to know what it means.  And Jemmies are quite big, you know.

D'ya mean a Jimmy wi a jemmy hen?  my recollection is that in Weegiespeke its a "pinching bar"

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #733 on: January 06, 2014, 11:40:06 PM »
Imo the 5 fingerprints of KM were on the interior surface of the GLASS of the window.
P.S. Unless anyone has a better translation of "vidro" ?

Wouldn't that be quite normal? It was her apartment!

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #734 on: January 07, 2014, 12:10:23 AM »
Not when the window and shutters had been closed all week. If she was touching it after the fact then she was contaminating the crime scene as it was the exit she thought her daughter had left via. The other possibility is that she opened the window herself.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:16:21 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.