Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414103 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #900 on: July 05, 2014, 09:34:46 AM »

We do know that the shutters can be raised from outside.  And we don't know if the window was locked.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #901 on: July 06, 2014, 10:32:27 AM »
We do know that the shutters can be raised from outside.  And we don't know if the window was locked.

Do you have any idea how much noise those shutters make? If those shutters were closed all the way down, with no spaces between the slats, there is no way they could be raised from the outside. Therefore, I don't know where you get your information.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #902 on: July 06, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »
Do you have any idea how much noise those shutters make? If those shutters were closed all the way down, with no spaces between the slats, there is no way they could be raised from the outside. Therefore, I don't know where you get your information.

There are identical shutters close by to my house, and I am completely unaware when they are raised or lowered.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #903 on: July 06, 2014, 02:11:13 PM »

You are wrong Montclair.

There is a record of Heri raising shutters of the type, sliding the window opening and completing raising the shutter using the interior cord.

- SNIP - "So how can you open the window from the outside and avoid them falling again, without harming nothing? It is possible, if the glass doors are not locked.

You have to do the following steps:

1. Raise from outside the shutters to from half to three quarters of the window height.
2. Mantain the shutters in this position with your left hand.
3. If the left glass door (seen from outside) is closed, open it to the right ...
4. Always maintaining the shutters with your left hand, introduce your right hand to catch the cord and gently open the shutters as usual …

Heriberto Janosch González
Original photographs courtesy Pamalam.
http://exposingthemyths.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/mechanism-of-roller-shutters.html

There is also Pat Brown's video of her visit to Luz in which Peter Mac carries out a demonstration of the same excercise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeuMzyaCnnY
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #904 on: July 06, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »
1. Raise from outside the shutters to from half to three quarters of the window height.
2. Maintain the shutters in this position with your left hand.
3. If the left glass door (seen from outside) is closed, open it to the right ...
4. Always maintaining the shutters with your left hand, introduce your right hand to catch the cord and gently open the shutters as usual …
Watch Heri demonstrate
Start at 0:14 and finish at 0:40
It takes only 25 seconds to get shutter and window open from outside.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:25:47 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Montclair

« Reply #905 on: July 06, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »
Watch Heri demonstrate
Start at 0:14 and finish at 0:40
It takes only 25 seconds to get shutter and window open from outside.
http://youtu.be/fzpniKAWvUI?t=14s

This can only be done if the shutters are not fully closed all the way down and it seems that the shutters were tightly closed with no light coming through. Even so, pushing them up makes a lot of noise.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #906 on: July 06, 2014, 03:11:38 PM »
@heriberto just a suggestion - publish a second version of this video, edited down to show just the  opening method.
by removing the first section from 0 to 14 seconds (it is unneccesary to triplicate the initial lifting of the shutter),
and removing the section after 40 seconds (which is not part of the opening method).
I think it important to allow people to see your excellent opening method demonstration, in isolation, and not combined with the seperate conjecture of what happened next.
Presenting an "opening method only" version of the video, by editing out the first and last sections, leaving only the section starting at 14 seconds and ending at 40 seconds, would enable people to better understand the opening method itself, I think.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:17:09 PM by pegasus »

ferryman

« Reply #907 on: July 06, 2014, 03:24:03 PM »
You are wrong Montclair.

There is a record of Heri raising shutters of the type, sliding the window opening and completing raising the shutter using the interior cord.

- SNIP - "So how can you open the window from the outside and avoid them falling again, without harming nothing? It is possible, if the glass doors are not locked.

You have to do the following steps:

2. Mantain the shutters in this position with your left hand.

Heriberto Janosch González
Original photographs courtesy Pamalam.
http://exposingthemyths.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/mechanism-of-roller-shutters.html

There is also Pat Brown's video of her visit to Luz in which Peter Mac carries out a demonstration of the same excercise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeuMzyaCnnY

A real thorn in the side of truth-deniers is Heri.

Bless him!

Offline pegasus

« Reply #908 on: July 06, 2014, 03:25:58 PM »
From another thread:
This can only be done if the shutters are not fully closed all the way down and it seems that the shutters were tightly closed with no light coming through.
I think it can be done easily when the shutters are fully closed. The 5A shutters have no locking mechanism. There are plenty of places outside to get enough grasp of the fully closed shutter, to raise it a little (which is part one of the opening method).
Even so, pushing them up makes a lot of noise.
Agreed, and if someone is asleep in the room it may wake them up. But why dismiss the opening method because of that?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:28:26 PM by pegasus »

Offline Montclair

« Reply #909 on: July 06, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »
From another thread:I think it can be done easily when the shutters are fully closed. The 5A shutters have no locking mechanism. There are plenty of places outside to get enough grasp of the fully closed shutter, to raise it a little (which is part one of the opening method).Agreed, and if someone is asleep in the room it may wake them up. But why dismiss the opening method because of that?

If the shutters are closed all the way you can't get your hand underneath to push them up and even then you can't if there are no spaces between the slats. You say there are plenty of place outside to get a grasp. What are these places because I don't see any on any of my shutters or any of my neighbours. I am dismissing the opening method because if the shutters are tightly closed, no way that they can be opened from the outside. Believe what you want.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #910 on: July 06, 2014, 04:32:18 PM »
If the shutters are closed all the way you can't get your hand underneath to push them up and even then you can't if there are no spaces between the slats. You say there are plenty of place outside to get a grasp. What are these places because I don't see any on any of my shutters or any of my neighbours. I am dismissing the opening method because if the shutters are tightly closed, no way that they can be opened from the outside. Believe what you want.
I think this can be done by first inserting fingernails between the base of the shutter and the sill.
Or by inserting fingernails between any two slats near the base of the shutter.

Offline John

« Reply #911 on: July 06, 2014, 04:43:55 PM »
I think this can be done by first inserting fingernails between the base of the shutter and the sill.

That's correct, the shutter actually rest on the concrete window sill so all you have to do is push your fingers underneath the bottom slat and raise it or alternatively grab hold of one or both of the rubber bumpers at the bottom and lift it.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:00:23 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #912 on: July 06, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »

If the shutters are tightly closed there is no space between the shutter and the sill and there is no space between the slats. You can't open them with your fingernails.

Offline John

« Reply #913 on: July 06, 2014, 05:02:08 PM »
As far as I can see those shutters don't have the snib locking mechanism at the bottom which mine have in Spain which allows them to be locked down tight.  Consequently they are simply sitting on the sill by gravity and are easily lifted.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #914 on: July 06, 2014, 05:10:07 PM »
As far as I can see those shutters don't have the snib locking mechanism at the bottom which mine have in Spain which allows them to be locked down tight.  Consequently they are simply sitting on the sill by gravity and are easily lifted.
Agreed. Photos of the 5A window show that the shutters have no locking mechanism.

And yes, thanks for pointing out the rubber bumpers, from outside one can simply grab them to raise shutter.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:27:40 PM by pegasus »