Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414128 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1095 on: November 21, 2014, 06:04:39 PM »
Really?  OK...I'm mystified then.  I thought you were a sceptic.

No, she believes in Kates curtains & burglars opening shutters....I'm not sure what happens after that.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1096 on: November 21, 2014, 06:09:59 PM »
Yeah right!
Yes, and I didn't take it for granted, I worked it out, the room was genuinely found exactly as described.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1097 on: November 21, 2014, 06:25:03 PM »
Really?  OK...I'm mystified then.  I thought you were a sceptic.
I posted what IMO happened in the first few seconds. Less than a minute of solution.
I do not know what happened after that. 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1098 on: November 21, 2014, 06:29:33 PM »
Yes, and I didn't take it for granted, I worked it out, the room was genuinely found exactly as described.

I ain't buying the curtains or the door that only moved on the second time of asking, or that she wasn't lying about the window & shutters that she said she wasn't lying about.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1099 on: November 21, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »
I posted what IMO happened in the first few seconds. Less than a minute of solution.
I do not know what happened after that.
Did you?  Missed it.

Offline misty

« Reply #1100 on: November 21, 2014, 06:45:57 PM »
It appears we now have to factor in the failed attempt of an opportunist burglar occurring on the same evening as the staged abduction/planned kidnapping, all of which happened in a 90 minute period littered with apartment checks & men walking around with children in their arms or in pushchairs.
And Mrs Fenn + the Moyses never heard or saw a thing.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1101 on: November 21, 2014, 07:04:59 PM »
Have you been able to discern what Pegasus's theory is beyond "the parents dunnit"?

Not sure if it is that Madeleine having been frightened by an attempted burglary left the apartment of her own volition to find her parents only to come to grief ... or having run from an intruder, had a fatal accident in the apartment.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1102 on: November 21, 2014, 07:09:05 PM »
Not sure if it is that Madeleine having been frightened by an attempted burglary left the apartment of her own volition to find her parents only to come to grief ... or having run from an intruder, had a fatal accident in the apartment.
Oh, I've got Pegasus all wrong then...I think.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1103 on: November 21, 2014, 07:23:07 PM »

If the latter, what happened next ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1104 on: November 21, 2014, 09:11:14 PM »
"A British man at the tapas bar where the McCanns dined gave a statement saying how he spoke to an English woman who told him she had heard a “breaking noise” about the time that Madeleine was taken. His statement, however, was not passed to Portuguese police, said ­Goncalo Amaral."
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/248068/Kate-McCann-How-dare-they-call-me-cold
Could "breaking noise" be someone raising the shutters?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1105 on: November 21, 2014, 09:33:26 PM »
An apartment nearby was robbed while everyone was out. Two mobile phones, one video camera, and cash were taken. It was Feb 2007, about dusk. No sign of forced entry so it was assumed by owner and police it was key entry  -an assumption that may be incorrect IMO.
What is interesting is unlike 5G or 5L this apartment is groundfloor and has identical layout to 5A the room layout and windows and doors identical and the size and position and accessibility of window of north bedroom identical.
(Collected from various sources)

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1106 on: November 21, 2014, 10:29:04 PM »
If the latter, what happened next ?

Maybe you will have to ask pegasus.
I have been presumptive enough on what her thinking may or may not be.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1107 on: November 21, 2014, 11:31:27 PM »
Any opinions - might a burglar knock on the front door as a final precautionary check that everyone is out?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1108 on: November 22, 2014, 12:07:55 AM »
Any opinions - might a burglar knock on the front door as a final precautionary check that everyone is out?

I'm sure it will be a recognised MO.
I think phoning a residence to ascertain if it was occupied used to be a tactic used by intruders.

Offline misty

« Reply #1109 on: November 22, 2014, 12:17:33 AM »

A lone elderly person or babysitter probably wouldn't answer the door or make any sound, especially if female.