Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414094 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1215 on: July 15, 2015, 12:55:07 PM »
What is wrong with her being in the apartment?   Why does she have to be outside it?  I don't get that.  Do you really think she was cool, calm and collected at that time?  According to the witnesses she was in the most terrible state and probably didn't know what she doing herself half the time.  IIRC it wasn't until the next day she realised the bruising on her hands etc were caused when she was hitting out (at the railings?) in her anguish.

Your expectations of how parents who had just been plunged into every parents worst nightmare would/should repond is completely unrealistic IMO.

8@??)(  Well said Benice

Totally unrealistic and very uncaring.  No empathy.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1216 on: July 15, 2015, 01:02:52 PM »
Yes.
But if you were out you wouldn't even hear the knock.
It's a common burglar's check.

If they knocked gently, as you said, I still might not hear it. Then we'd both get a surprise.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1217 on: July 15, 2015, 01:20:35 PM »
SY have found nothing.

FACT.

that is not a fact.....it may be true...we do not know

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1218 on: July 15, 2015, 05:01:33 PM »
If they knocked gently, as you said, I still might not hear it. Then we'd both get a surprise.
If you was a young child in bed and there was a knock on front door would you answer it?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1219 on: July 15, 2015, 05:14:48 PM »
But Pegasus

You keep ignoring the obvious way in and out.

Via the Front door with a key and an accomplis.

Dont forget, the front dooir light was broken - hanging I think
The front door was completely hidden out of sight, no-one passed by and ... it was in utter blackness.

Key in the lock. turn it, push door open using the key.
On exit, pull the front door closed using the key again

NO FINGERPRINTS.
If someone had entered through the front door, that person would also depart through the front door.
And then KM would have found the shutter and window closed.

I am trusting in KM's statement that the shutter and window were open.
Also trusting her statement that no-one had checked if the window was locked.
Also trusting statements of a few other group members who found some windows in their apartments were unlocked.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:21:19 PM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1220 on: July 15, 2015, 07:51:34 PM »
If someone had entered through the front door, that person would also depart through the front door.

Also trusting statements of a few other group members who found some windows in their apartments were unlocked.

There is no way of knowing why the shutter was raised and the window opened.  A variety of reasons can be speculated but until the PJ and SY ask the question of the relevant person we can't know the reason.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1221 on: July 15, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »
If you was a young child in bed and there was a knock on front door would you answer it?

Of course not.
Result = happy posting.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1222 on: July 15, 2015, 08:27:57 PM »
Quite. First you have to establish that the child was actually abducted then you theorise about how it was accomplished.

ABC, 123 is normally the most sensible sequence, agree

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1223 on: July 15, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »

is there any particular reason why you are trusting KM's statement about the shutter and window?
Result = happy posting.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1224 on: July 15, 2015, 08:54:11 PM »
8@??)(  Well said Benice

Totally unrealistic and very uncaring.  No empathy.

Empathy is having feeling for someone ....if anybody doesnt believe the Mccanns, for whatever reason, its the logical and natural response to NOT empathise

Ie Why don't you have empathy for G Amaral?

Empathy is not a blank cheque moral requirement of anybody

Does that make sense?

Being considered innocent before proven otherwise is a totally different kettle of fish IMO, perhaps you confuse the two?

The Mccanns have done themselves little favours over time in so many ways and I don't think you or anyone can preach to people/dengrate them

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:57:48 PM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1225 on: July 15, 2015, 09:23:49 PM »
is there any particular reason why you are trusting KM's statement about the shutter and window?
Because the technical design of the shutter and window makes it probable they were easy to open from outside without force.
And because the scene described in that room (open window and shutter and door, and absence of child from that room) is exactly what would inevitably result if the window and shutter were opened from outside.

Therefore the crime scene description of this room by this witness is 100% truthful IMO.
(However I disagree with some of the witness's amateur deductions about the exact sequence which caused that scene).

It is important to seperate crime scene description by witness (truthful fact), from amateur deduction by witness (often incorrect) IMO.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:35:43 PM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1226 on: July 15, 2015, 09:43:04 PM »
There is no evidence the window was open allowing a burglar, even if he could raise the shutters, to gain entry

The Mccanns have said they never touched that window at all, ever, so unless the cleaners left it open, before their arrival, how did this happen?

And what about parental checks? Why didnt the parents ensure all was locked? Before venturing out and leaving three babies.??

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1227 on: July 15, 2015, 10:02:19 PM »
Because the technical design of the shutter and window makes it probable they were easy to open from outside without force.
And because the scene described in that room (open window and shutter and door, and absence of child from that room) is exactly what would inevitably result if the window and shutter were opened from outside.

Therefore the crime scene description of this room by this witness is 100% truthful IMO.
(However I disagree with some of the witness's amateur deductions about the exact sequence which caused that scene).

It is important to seperate crime scene description by witness (truthful fact), from amateur deduction by witness (often incorrect) IMO.

So you're assuming that the witness was telling the truth. I see.
Result = happy posting.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1228 on: July 15, 2015, 10:24:05 PM »
So you're assuming that the witness was telling the truth. I see.
Not assuming anything, I worked it out.
The crime-scene description by the witness fits with the hard evidence in this room G-Unit.
For example do you realise that this window does not auto-lock?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1229 on: July 15, 2015, 10:29:33 PM »
There is no evidence the window was open allowing a burglar, even if he could raise the shutters, to gain entry

The Mccanns have said they never touched that window at all, ever, so unless the cleaners left it open, before their arrival, how did this happen?

And what about parental checks? Why didnt the parents ensure all was locked? Before venturing out and leaving three babies.??
IMO a person opened it from outside but never entered, Mercury.  The reason is obvious.

And before you assume the window was locked - have you read the T7 rogs - about some windows being not locked ?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:39:21 PM by pegasus »