Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414096 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1365 on: July 20, 2015, 11:24:39 PM »
In only 1 of the 4 T9 apartments did the occupants check all windows were locked before they went out.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1366 on: July 20, 2015, 11:27:36 PM »
In only 1 of the 4 T9 apartments did the occupants check all windows were locked before they went out.

Shame on them then, leaving their kids in there before securing the flats

Offline mercury

« Reply #1367 on: July 20, 2015, 11:30:05 PM »
There is no such thing as a window in this day and age whch doesn't shut closed to the outside, even though it is not locked with a key for extra security if there is, I'd love to see it, also an explanation of if it wasn't faulty, what would the point of it be?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1368 on: July 20, 2015, 11:30:56 PM »
Security wise Windows are designed to be closed or closed and locked. No window can be described as closed if it is actually OPEN

?
The child's window can be "Open" or "Closed And Locked" or "Closed But Not Locked".
Anyone who claims the third is not possible has not looked at the design and has not read DW rog statement.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1369 on: July 20, 2015, 11:33:27 PM »
The child's window can be "Open" or "Closed And Locked" or "Closed But Not Locked".
Anyone who claims the third is not possible has not looked at the design and has not read DW rog statement.

Closed but not locked allows an outsider to just slide it open then? I don't believe it

My double glazing shuts but even if not locked does not allow an outsider
My kitchen door closes but you have to lift the handle and lock it with a key as there is a handle on the other side. Was there a handle on the outside of the bedroom window to open the window or was it just a case of sliding it open...without glove or fingerprints I might add

Are you 100 per cent sure and confident that the apartments had windows which unless locked were easily opened from the outside?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:36:44 PM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1370 on: July 20, 2015, 11:35:43 PM »
There is no such thing as a window in this day and age whch doesn't shut closed to the outside, even though it is not locked with a key for extra security if there is, I'd love to see it, also an explanation of if it wasn't faulty, what would the point of it be?
Look at close-up photos of the child's window lock mechanism. It does not autolock. Look at the hole the lockpin goes in.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1371 on: July 20, 2015, 11:38:10 PM »
Closed but not locked allows an outsider to just slide it open then? I don't believe it
Yes. I have photos

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1372 on: July 20, 2015, 11:41:49 PM »

My double glazing shuts but even if not locked does not allow an outsider
My kitchen door closes but you have to lift the handle and lock it with a key as there is a handle on the other side. Was there a handle on the outside of the bedroom window to open the window or was it just a case of sliding it open...without glove or fingerprints I might add

Are you 100 per cent sure and confident that the apartments had windows which unless locked were easily opened from the outside?
1. Yes.
2. From outside - no handle - just a case of sliding it.
3. Yes absolutely for this window. And probably yes for most other apartments in blocks 4 and 5 because they probably mostly or all still had the windows fitted as newbuild.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:50:48 PM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1373 on: July 20, 2015, 11:42:14 PM »
Yes. I have photos

Which prove closed (in the real meaning) can be opened? I don't think so. But as you will.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1374 on: July 20, 2015, 11:48:10 PM »
getting back to the point, no one knows why and if anyone opened the shutters and window, it's all plain speculation which actually doesn't lead anywhere much?? At all, IE is not even evidence/proof of anything, unless you want to be here n 2089 still wondering

I wonder if Google Earth will in the future release pictures of any spot on earth at any one time, that might be interesting

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1375 on: July 20, 2015, 11:56:37 PM »
Which prove closed (in the real meaning) can be opened? I don't think so. But as you will.
The child's sliding window can be completely closed and yet completely unlocked.
Ask witness DW (same design windows in 5G).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:59:40 PM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1376 on: July 21, 2015, 12:00:02 AM »
The child's sliding window can be completely closed and completely unlocked.
Ask witness DW (same design windows in 5G).

yes Pegasus, everyone knows a window can be closed but unlocked, the question IS can a closed window be opened from outside by anyonee? it's like pulling teeth at the moment

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1377 on: July 21, 2015, 12:15:10 AM »
Yes. I have photos

You must think they were the worst parents ever. They close the shutters and draw the curtains for the week but forget to check if the window is locked in their kids room.  Man this must be some kind of record for crap parenting or maybe that's what they want you to puzzle over. You wouldn't  check if the windows were locked in your kids room where they slept alone? Did they want them to open it and fall out? Too many coincidences.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1378 on: July 21, 2015, 12:29:51 AM »
You must think they were the worst parents ever. They close the shutters and draw the curtains for the week but forget to check if the window is locked in their kids room.  Man this must be some kind of record for crap parenting or maybe that's what they want you to puzzle over. You wouldn't  check if the windows were locked in your kids room where they slept alone? Did they want them to open it and fall out? Too many coincidences.

They were totally crap but you're wrong the didn't even check or touch the windows and shutters all week "apparently". not even to let in fresh air! let alone secure the safety of their babies. A load of TOTAL baloney if youask me. or else they really were that crap

Offline misty

« Reply #1379 on: July 21, 2015, 12:41:59 AM »
They were totally crap but you're wrong the didn't even check or touch the windows and shutters all week "apparently". not even to let in fresh air! let alone secure the safety of their babies. A load of TOTAL baloney if youask me. or else they really were that crap

I believe the apartments had an air ventilation system in them which meant there was no need to open the windows to air the rooms (I stand to be corrected if this was not the case).
How many people who rent a holiday apartment check that the windows are all locked each day, especially when there are metal shutters protecting the exterior?
There's more of a risk of losing items to the staff who have a legitimate reason to be in your apartment (and when you report the theft of a camera hotel management just don't want to know).