Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414127 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1455 on: August 02, 2015, 10:53:35 AM »
There are other reasons why an intruder would open the window.

1. To make sure the car park was clear of people before he set out across it.  He couldn't see that from the recessed door.

2. To have a method of a sharp exit, without coming face to face with anyone unexpectedly entering via the patio doors.

1. Crazy talk. Anyone in the car park could see the shutters being raised  and that open window @)(++(*

2. Sharp exit? An abduction takes seconds much quicker than wasting time doing all that nonsense and risk leaving evidence.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:56:47 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1456 on: August 02, 2015, 10:59:38 AM »
If the Drs McCann wished the raised shutter and open window to simulate abduction ... why on earth did they close them?  That surely must have hit the 'cunning plan' on the head.

The only person who wished to mislead investigators was the person who opened them, probably from the inside (how long does it take for goodness sakes).
That person probably used a key to enter the apartment through the front door which was pulled closed on exit ... but that person did not want anyone to think s\he had a key to the front door.

Under which arm did this person have the child while he was dicking about with the windows in order to put the investigating officers of the scent?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1457 on: August 02, 2015, 11:05:18 AM »
Under which arm did this person have the child while he was dicking about with the windows in order to put the investigating officers of the scent?
I guess it's unlikely in your view that they dicked about with the windows before picking up the child?  Of course that would be completely illogical.

stephen25000

« Reply #1458 on: August 02, 2015, 11:27:27 AM »
1. Crazy talk. Anyone in the car park could see the shutters being raised  and that open window @)(++(*

2. Sharp exit? An abduction takes seconds much quicker than wasting time doing all that nonsense and risk leaving evidence.

Exactly.

The abduction scenario is  full of holes.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1459 on: August 02, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »
Whereas the "parents dunnit" theory is completely plausible and logical, I don't think....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1460 on: August 02, 2015, 12:24:52 PM »
I guess it's unlikely in your view that they dicked about with the windows before picking up the child?  Of course that would be completely illogical.
It did occur to me but I thought the way I expressed it delivered a better sense of the ridiculous.
To please you however I will share the other thought that went through my mind.
"Why run the risk of waking the child, with the associated risk of her screaming like a banshee, while dicking about with the window to throw the investigating officer off the scent"?
Or just may be she was clonked on the head or otherwise incapacitated first?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1461 on: August 02, 2015, 12:43:36 PM »
There are other reasons why an intruder would open the window.

1. To make sure the car park was clear of people before he set out across it.  He couldn't see that from the recessed door.

2. To have a method of a sharp exit, without coming face to face with anyone unexpectedly entering via the patio doors.

1. How would they know the car park was clear WHILE opening the shutters ? Surely that would be as risky as setting across it ?

2. If, as seems to be believed, the McCanns and their friends checking routines were watched surely opening the window and risking one of the checkers noticing it was open would be far riskier than using the front door as a possible means of escape ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #1462 on: August 02, 2015, 01:48:09 PM »
Why would the abductor open the bedroom window to detract from the fact that he had a key if he had been aware that the McCanns had left the patio door open to check ? If he was watching the group and waiting for his opportunity to pounce surely he would have been aware he had a ready made distraction without all the time and noise  that raising the shutter would entail.
Noise when the abductor raised the shutter

Noise when The Mccanns (in your mind) raised the shutter.

What's the difference as far as noise is concerned?

Nobody that we know of heard the noise. 
Why?

Because it was an everyday sound that was happening all around.  The mind didn't acknowledge the noise, it was too mundane.

stephen25000

« Reply #1463 on: August 02, 2015, 02:22:19 PM »
Noise when the abductor raised the shutter

Noise when The Mccanns (in your mind) raised the shutter.

What's the difference as far as noise is concerned?

Nobody that we know of heard the noise. 
Why?

Because it was an everyday sound that was happening all around.  The mind didn't acknowledge the noise, it was too mundane.

Stucky mantra. 8(0(*

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:44:14 PM by stephen25000 »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1464 on: August 02, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »
It did occur to me but I thought the way I expressed it delivered a better sense of the ridiculous.
To please you however I will share the other thought that went through my mind.
"Why run the risk of waking the child, with the associated risk of her screaming like a banshee, while dicking about with the window to throw the investigating officer off the scent"?
Or just may be she was clonked on the head or otherwise incapacitated first?
Why risk breaking into a house and stealing a fully conscious child from her bath, a child that could also scream like a banshee?  Why break into a dormitory full of sleeping children, rape and murder one of them, when at any moment one or more of the others could have woken up and screamed like a banshee?  Perhaps the high risk factors involved are part of the thrill?  Crazily illogical thought I realise.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1465 on: August 02, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »
Why risk breaking into a house and stealing a fully conscious child from her bath, a child that could also scream like a banshee?  Why break into a dormitory full of sleeping children, rape and murder one of them, when at any moment one or more of the others could have woken up and screamed like a banshee?  Perhaps the high risk factors involved are part of the thrill?  Crazily illogical thought I realise.

Horrific and illogical to normal people. Just like murdering as many people as possible in a cinema for some kind of warped buzz.

There's also the weirdo German guy (now jailed), who seemed to be perfectly normal to people who knew him, but  was found responsible for numerous crimes involving kids.

His name escapes me... but he often wore a mask.

ETA: Not sure who I'm thinking of. Martin Ney?
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3298.0
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:24:13 PM by Carana »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1466 on: August 02, 2015, 03:35:29 PM »
Horrific and illogical to normal people. Just like murdering as many people as possible in a cinema for some kind of warped buzz.

There's also the weirdo German guy (now jailed), who seemed to be perfectly normal to people who knew him, but  was found responsible for numerous crimes involving kids.

His name escapes me... but he often wore a mask.

ETA: Not sure who I'm thinking of. Martin Ney?
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3298.0
Then there is the case of Mark Bridger who stole a child virtually off her parents' doorstep in his own neighbourhood with a young witness in attendance, and who then murdered the child.  How unlikely that anyone would engage in such high risk (of being caught)  activity!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1467 on: August 02, 2015, 04:35:04 PM »
You have as usual made a very valid point, Sadie.

Why would an abductor raising the shutter waken and alert everyone in Praia da Luz ... but no-one would be able to hear Madeleine McCann's parents allegedly performing the same action.

When Dr McCann was outside, trying to raise it after lowering it ... did anyone who happened to be passing remark on the event?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:36:14 AM by Admin »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1468 on: August 02, 2015, 04:37:59 PM »
Then there is the case of Mark Bridger who stole a child virtually off her parents' doorstep in his own neighbourhood with a young witness in attendance, and who then murdered the child.  How unlikely that anyone would engage in such high risk (of being caught)  activity!!

Just goes to show intelligent individuals do reckless things even knowing there is a high chance they will be found out.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1469 on: August 02, 2015, 04:39:11 PM »
Just goes to show intelligent individuals do reckless things even knowing there is a high chance they will be found out.
Mark Bridger was intelligent was he?  If you say so.