Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414128 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1530 on: September 07, 2015, 06:32:41 PM »
For Pathfinder - hope this helps:

hypothesis

/hʌɪˈpɒθɪsɪs/

noun

noun: hypothesis; plural noun: hypotheses

a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1531 on: September 07, 2015, 06:35:33 PM »
Storms build up ... and there is often a lull before a storm.   It could have been quite calm at the time of Matts visit at about 9.30 pm yet very gusty by 10pm when Kate checked.

Gusts are unpredictable; they dont always even come from the same direction.

None of us KNOW what happened.  You dont and neither do I for sure.

4078 'Is there anything else, that you smelt, could you smell anything''

Reply 'No, no, we've talked about that before, I didn't smell anything, I mean, I could see the children breathing, but I didn't clock it as abnormal, erm, it'd be completely to speculate to say whether their breathing was fast or, I couldn't say, I mean, they were breathing and that's what, you know, and that was what I was there to check, erm, no, no funny sort of smells, no sort of funny draughts, no sort of funny sort of noises, no, erm, nothing that I can think of for that. I mean, it was a complete just a shock out of the blue when, you know, I'd been in and then suddenly somebody's saying Madeleine's missing, there was nothing that made me think, oh'.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:52:57 PM by Eleanor »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1532 on: September 07, 2015, 06:40:23 PM »
For Pathfinder - hope this helps:

hypothesis

/hʌɪˈpɒθɪsɪs/

noun

noun: hypothesis; plural noun: hypotheses

a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

A getaway car is based on no evidence in this case. A still 8 years later unidentified man on foot with the lookalike child who was not moving is based on actual evidence.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1533 on: September 07, 2015, 06:44:32 PM »
A getaway car is based on no evidence in this case. A still 8 years later unidentified man on foot with the lookalike child who was not moving is based on actual evidence.
And yet there is no hard evidence that this man is in any way connected to the abduction but you are convinced of both his identity and that of the child.  Sadie's hypothesis is equally as valid as yours. 

stephen25000

« Reply #1534 on: September 07, 2015, 06:47:04 PM »
And yet there is no hard evidence that this man is in any way connected to the abduction but you are convinced of both his identity and that of the child.  Sadie's hypothesis is equally as valid as yours.

Abduction ?.

Tut, tut Alfred.  8**8:/:

Should the mods give points every time that is mentioned  as a fact ?  ?>)()<

Offline jassi

« Reply #1535 on: September 07, 2015, 06:47:27 PM »
It doesn't really matter who the man was, he was seen by several witnesses and, as yet, has not been eliminated from inquiries.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1536 on: September 07, 2015, 06:48:18 PM »
Abduction ?.

Tut, tut Alfred.  8**8:/:
I do beg your pardon.  I should have said mysterious disappearance (prolly the parents wot dunnit innit).

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1537 on: September 07, 2015, 06:49:55 PM »
It doesn't really matter who the man was, he was seen by several witnesses and, as yet, has not been eliminated from inquiries.
What an odd thing to say.  It might matter a lot who the man is, on the other hand it might not - either way establishing who he is could be very helpful!

stephen25000

« Reply #1538 on: September 07, 2015, 06:50:13 PM »
I do beg your pardon.  I should have said mysterious disappearance (prolly the parents wot dunnit innit).

8)--))

Offline Benice

« Reply #1539 on: September 07, 2015, 06:51:10 PM »
In other words you have no case. You need a car for a start. I've got my man and he was on foot heading towards the sea.

LOL - I'm talking about a car PF - not a spaceship.   Strange as it may seem to you - they do have cars in Portugal.

IMO It's perfectly possible that a car was parked out of sight in a nearby road or carpark.   It's only when something is impossible - like Gerry knowing in advance what time the police were going to arrive - that it should be ruled out IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline jassi

« Reply #1540 on: September 07, 2015, 06:54:50 PM »
What an odd thing to say.  It might matter a lot who the man is, on the other hand it might not - either way establishing who he is could be very helpful!

What is strange?  Tannerman was eliminated by SY without his identity being revealed.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline sadie

« Reply #1541 on: September 07, 2015, 06:55:08 PM »
My theory connects with evidence - timeline, witness statements, moving doors, open window, long checks, alerts. Yours is made up.

And so does mine, but I read the evidence in a very different way to you.   

Your theories are totally made up and you dont even bother to state that they are IN YOUR OPINION.

My theories have logic behind them as well as the other things that you mention .... but unlike you with YOUR theory, I know that mine could be incorrect.  It is far more likely than yours tho.   IMO

What getaway car? Smithman was on foot with the lookalike and he is prime suspect. You follow evidence not getaway cars that don't exist. Who is the witness that saw or heard this getaway car screeching away? There were witnesses out on their balconies at this time but nobody heard nothing!
You obviously have been so absorbed by your OWN theory that you haven't bothered to even read mine, until just .... and it has been posted in quite a lot of detail several times before.

I believe that there was a get-away car parked in the parking area opposite the Tapas Reception.   That it was unable to pick up Tannerman and Madeleine as scheduled because unexpectedly Gerry and Jez were in the way chatting

AND, even more pertinently:
.... Jane Tanner acrtually witnessed the abductor carrying Madeleine..  I believe that the driver of the getaway car scarpered, driving south and leaving Tannerman in the lurch, carrying Madeleine.

It wasn't breezy at that moment  @)(++(* Matt is the witness not you - no draught and all was silent. He looked into the room and could see both cots because the door was open.

How do YOU KNOW what opened the door?   I think that it was the abductor, but you prefer otherwise.

Obviously if the window was open when Matt visually checked, then the weather must have been calm, because the curtains did not flutter.

The calm before the storm?

YOU dont know and I dont know.  That is the truth of the matter.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1542 on: September 07, 2015, 06:57:42 PM »
What is strange?  Tannerman was eliminated by SY without his identity being revealed.
I misunderstood you, I didn't realise you meant it doesn't matter to US who he is, my apologies.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1543 on: September 07, 2015, 06:58:58 PM »
There would be a draught if the window was open. You think a window was open when Matt was there with no evidence and his fingerprints weren't found on it. Your theory has no evidence. You think Tannerman did it and SY disagree with you and agree it is my man - the prime suspect.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:06:20 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline sadie

« Reply #1544 on: September 07, 2015, 07:05:42 PM »
There would be a draught if the window was open. You think a window was open when Matt was there. What about your watchers? They don't exist is your answer.
Not necessarily if it was the lull before the storm.

And whilst I think the abduction took place immediately after Gerry left, it could have happened after Matt left.

We just do not know, neither YOU nor I nor ANYONE but the abductor

.... BUT based on the fact that Matt thought that it might have been a bit light, wqith some coming through the window / shutters/ curtains in the bedroom, that tends to point to an abduction before Matt checked.

Everything ties in very nicely with Gerrys check and Jane Tanners sighting then.

But nothing is cast in stones PFinder.