Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414131 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1650 on: September 10, 2015, 07:53:09 PM »
From that video, I am surmising that Madeleine was assumed to have been on or very close to the bed in front of the window, otherwise he could not have  reached her

There's a lot of difference between an inanimate object (was that a pillow?) and a child.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1651 on: September 10, 2015, 08:26:51 PM »
There's a lot of difference between an inanimate object (was that a pillow?) and a child.

According to Alf she weighed 28kg!
28lb more like but still a fair to weight to lift at arms length. See guides on manual handling.

As I understood it and from the photos there is an internal central locking CDA on the window that cannot be overridden from outside. So the window must have been left open.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1652 on: September 10, 2015, 08:34:10 PM »
28lb more like but still a fair to weight to lift at arms length. See guides on manual handling.

As I understood it and from the photos there is an internal central locking CDA on the window that cannot be overridden from outside. So the window must have been left open.
No, I said I was under the impression it had been decided by forumistas that she was 28kg but I did concede I may have been mistaken, please get it right.

Offline misty

« Reply #1653 on: September 10, 2015, 08:38:35 PM »

I wonder if Mrs Fenn's window was also unlocked when she was intruded upon?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1654 on: September 10, 2015, 09:41:34 PM »
Indeed, Being possible doesn't mean that something actually happened.

If those shutters weren't  touched by anybody the investigators may have found they weren't marked on the outside and therefore were raised from the inside. But the crime scene was compromised so we don't know.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:59:48 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1655 on: September 10, 2015, 10:04:58 PM »

Height would also have been a difficulty. You can't lift a child and angle her through a window like Heri angled his pillow. The child's legs would dangle and scrape on the window ledge, wouldn't they?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1656 on: September 10, 2015, 10:48:04 PM »
Height would also have been a difficulty. You can't lift a child and angle her through a window like Heri angled his pillow. The child's legs would dangle and scrape on the window ledge, wouldn't they?

Of course that didn't happen. Look at the child's bed. If she was in it she was carefully lifted from it. You go away from danger in that dark scary room not towards it. That window is very narrow and wouldn't be so easy to get through - definitely not with a child unless you passed her to an accomplice.  You would have to be crazy to open those noisy shutters if you didn't enter that way. The front recessed door is the safer exit. No need to naff about!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:50:45 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1657 on: September 10, 2015, 11:26:30 PM »
No, I said I was under the impression it had been decided by forumistas that she was 28kg but I did concede I may have been mistaken, please get it right.

No comment on the substance of my post then?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1658 on: September 10, 2015, 11:53:12 PM »
No comment on the substance of my post then?
As you often pluck a short phrase or word from others' posts to extemporize on in your inimitably pedantic fashion, I think you've got some cheek asking that question.  I commented only to correct the false impression you gave regarding what I had said earlier.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:20:11 AM by Alfred R Jones »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1659 on: September 11, 2015, 11:08:37 PM »
Of course that didn't happen. Look at the child's bed. If she was in it she was carefully lifted from it. You go away from danger in that dark scary room not towards it. That window is very narrow and wouldn't be so easy to get through - definitely not with a child unless you passed her to an accomplice.  You would have to be crazy to open those noisy shutters if you didn't enter that way. The front recessed door is the safer exit. No need to naff about!
"You would have to be crazy to open those noisy shutters if you didn't enter that way."

I'm adding 2 words to that
"You would have to be crazy to open those noisy shutters if you didn't intend to enter that way."

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1660 on: September 11, 2015, 11:21:24 PM »
"You would have to be crazy to open those noisy shutters if you didn't enter that way."

"You would have to be crazy to open those noisy shutters if you didn't intend to enter that way."

And it couldn't be Madeleine who do it but she's gone.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1661 on: September 11, 2015, 11:23:19 PM »

Why?People have said you hear that noise all the time, so not a suspect noise at all unless you are talking about something else

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1662 on: September 11, 2015, 11:33:43 PM »
Why?People have said you hear that noise all the time, so not a suspect noise at all unless you are talking about something else

In a town where every window and patio door had shutters it would be unlikely that anyone would take any notice of the noise ... it would be the equivalent of a car door closing where I live,  it would be unusual to bother with it or even look out to see.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1663 on: September 11, 2015, 11:57:03 PM »
And it couldn't be Madeleine who do it but she's gone.
IMO someone opened the shutter from outside because he intended to enter that way.
An intended action is not necessarily completed Pathfinder.
What if immediately after opening the shutter he was suddenly disturbed by another person a few metres away?
Obviously he would then abandon his intended action of climbing in.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:01:21 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #1664 on: September 12, 2015, 12:00:25 AM »
IMO someone opened the shutter from outside because he intended to enter that way.
An intended action is not necessarily completed Pathfinder.
What if immediately after opening the shutter the person was disturbed by another person a few metres away?
Obviously he would then abandon his intended action of climbing in.

Would an opportunist intruder lift a shutter knowing that the window behind it could be locked?