Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414128 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1710 on: September 12, 2015, 10:48:31 PM »
Assuming the window is closed and the lock button is in and you want to open it from inside, you would IMO wrap all 4 left fingers under the handle and with the left thumb press the unlock button, then using the handle slide that half of the window left. I don't think any fingers would touch the glass.

There is evidence of fingers on the glass. You don't lean on the glass with your hand using only two fingers to look out.  That is an inconsistency and there's nothing in the statement to suggest that happened.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1711 on: September 12, 2015, 10:59:30 PM »
If the window is closed and locked, here is how to open it from inside
http://youtu.be/nTNXowdzksI?t=8m52s
8:54 hold handle with left hand and press the lower (unlock) button with left thumb.
8:57 slide that half of the window open.
No fingers touch the glass.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1712 on: September 12, 2015, 11:05:23 PM »
Shame there is no record of fingerprints being dusted for on the outside of the window pane.......??

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1713 on: September 12, 2015, 11:20:33 PM »
Shame there is no record of fingerprints being dusted for on the outside of the window pane.......??
Brief footage of forensics dusting outside of glass 4th May
http://youtu.be/4nvAUpgD1Qs?t=3m14s

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1714 on: September 12, 2015, 11:23:52 PM »
If the window is closed and locked, here is how to open it from inside
http://youtu.be/nTNXowdzksI?t=8m52s
8:54 hold handle with left hand and press the lower (unlock) button with left thumb.
8:57 slide that half of the window open.
No fingers touch the glass.

But it was dark in that room  not light like in the video  8(>((
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1715 on: September 12, 2015, 11:26:23 PM »
Brief footage of forensics dusting outside of glass 4th May
http://youtu.be/4nvAUpgD1Qs?t=3m14s

Thanks!Pegasus, you're a treasure, so there was. I was going on someone else here saying it was never done or maybe they meant it wasn't in the files, Nothing it seems in the files, that anyone has found, so what does that mean? And what does it mean to someone opening from outside if it is said even glove marks would show?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1716 on: September 12, 2015, 11:34:58 PM »
Thanks!Pegasus, you're a treasure, so there was. I was going on someone else here saying it was never done or maybe they meant it wasn't in the files, Nothing it seems in the files, that anyone has found, so what does that mean? And what does it mean to someone opening from outside if it is said even glove marks would show?
There are plenty of marks on the shutter and window, and almost all of them are unidentifiable.
There are marks around the "stops" consistent with using them to raise shutter slightly from outside.
There are marks at the bottom outside of the shutter consistent with holding it up at that slightly open position while reaching through to slide window open and operate strap.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1717 on: September 12, 2015, 11:38:42 PM »
There are plenty of marks on the shutter and window, and almost all of them are unidentifiable.
There are marks around the "stops" consistent with using them to raise shutter slightly from outside.
There are marks at the bottom outside of the shutter consistent with holding it up at that slightly open position while reaching through to slide window open and operate strap.
There are plenty of marks on the window and almost all are unidentifiable?
Where did you read that?
I know about unidentifiable prints in the outside of the shutter but these need not be suspect per se as the tapas group handled them

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1718 on: September 12, 2015, 11:43:59 PM »
But it was dark in that room  not light like in the video  8(>((
I gave you the footage showing how the window would be opened from inside, light or dark makes no difference, no fingers would touch the glass.
IMO it wasn't opened from inside - it was opened from outside.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1719 on: September 12, 2015, 11:45:08 PM »

No glove marks or anything found. There was no evidence of anybody passing through the window or any evidence on the window exterior which there should be to open it. The only credible conclusion is that it was opened from the inside. In the dark there is a higher possibility of leaving careless evidence if you are in a panic.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:53:12 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1720 on: September 12, 2015, 11:50:48 PM »
No glove marks or anything found. There was no evidence of anybody passing through the window or any evidence on the window exterior which there should be to open it. The only credible conclusion is that it was opened from the inside. In the dark there is a higher possibility of leaving careless evidence if you are in a panic.
that's a very good point actually.
I don't have a problem with hypotheses as long as they are based on documented evidence and facts

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1721 on: September 12, 2015, 11:55:29 PM »
There are plenty of marks on the window and almost all are unidentifiable?
Where did you read that?
I know about unidentifiable prints in the outside of the shutter but these need not be suspect per se as the tapas group handled them
IMO some of the marks on outside of shutter (at the "stops" and along the bottom) are hand marks of GM and DW, but not all of them.

Offline misty

« Reply #1722 on: September 12, 2015, 11:59:33 PM »
After the shutter had been lifted from the outside & the window slid open, the next obstacle was the net curtain.
Was the intruder interrupted before he could move the net for easier access?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1723 on: September 13, 2015, 12:00:34 AM »
No-one went in or out the window Pathfinder, someone just reached in with one arm to operate the strap IMO.
BTW I thought your theory is that the window never moved?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1724 on: September 13, 2015, 12:01:44 AM »
IMO some of the marks on outside of shutter (at the "stops" and along the bottom) are hand marks of GM and DW, but not all of them.

I was asking about the mostly unidentifiable prints you mentioned on the window as I've never before come across anything saying this