Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414131 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1815 on: September 18, 2015, 12:11:05 AM »
Well, they said they didn't know when this was, IE was it when they were having a bath?, and one day Madeleine came through to their room...was it then?
But yes, they never said what they replied with, just that "she dropped it and moved on"
oh and also they said  if she hadn't been abducted that "passing comment"  would never have crossed their minds again, but as we now know,due to the rogatory interviews, it did and in a big way
Well the child certainly asked a question, and if hypothetically the people the question was addressed to didn't answer it, then that would fit my definition of an unanswered question.
The question was asked at Thursday breakfast therefore it was fairly obvious that it referred to when the parents were out on Wednesday night.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1816 on: September 18, 2015, 12:15:03 AM »
Actually MO did hear a sound when he entered the apartment. It's in the files Pathfinder.

He didn't hear a sound and you better not be quoting Control Risks?

At around 9.25pm, the interviewee went into his apartment and Madeleine's apartment to check on the children. He states that the door of the bedroom that was occupied by Madeleine and the twins, was open and that there was enough light in the bedroom for him to see the twins in their cots. That he couldn't see the bed occupied by Madeleine, but as it was all quiet, he deduced that she was sleeping. (Matt Oldfield 4 May 2007)
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1817 on: September 18, 2015, 12:20:05 AM »
So you are saying moving a door causes curtains to move??
Opening the fully shut bedroom door did, yes.
Not other door adjustments.
It's physics of air pressure Mercury

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1818 on: September 18, 2015, 12:33:32 AM »
He didn't hear a sound and you better not be quoting Control Risks?

At around 9.25pm, the interviewee went into his apartment and Madeleine's apartment to check on the children. He states that the door of the bedroom that was occupied by Madeleine and the twins, was open and that there was enough light in the bedroom for him to see the twins in their cots. That he couldn't see the bed occupied by Madeleine, but as it was all quiet, he deduced that she was sleeping. (Matt Oldfield 4 May 2007)
Thanks for your advice Pathfinder but the case is too important to discard good information that is in the files.
So I post a theory of what that noise really was.
According to the files the witness guessed it might have been the sound of a child turning over in a cot.
That is possible, but here is another possibility, it may have been the sound of curtains briefly blowing in that bedroom, due to a sudden pressure adjustment when the witness opened the sliding lounge door.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:36:45 AM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1819 on: September 18, 2015, 12:37:02 AM »
KM did not notice the open window and shutter at first. She noticed them only after she moved the bedroom door to the almost closed position, causing the wind to slam it shut, then she opened it again, and this reopening caused the pressure change which made the curtains to blow in.
MO did not move the bedroom door to the almost closed position, therefore the door did not slam, therefore he did not reopen it, therefore the curtains did not blow in, and he did not notice that the window and shutter were open.

Why didn't she check on the children before closing the door? That's the reason she was there. To check not close doors. Inconsistencies are investigated by detectives. Gerry had the same story - the door was open so he did his proud father moment but forgot to check the apartment after knowing a door had moved  &%+((£
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1820 on: September 18, 2015, 12:44:07 AM »
Thanks for your advice Pathfinder but the case is too important to discard good information that is in the files.
So I post a theory of what that noise really was.
According to the files the witness guessed it might have been the sound of a child turning over in a cot.
That is possible, but here is another possibility, it may have been the sound of curtains briefly blowing in that bedroom, due to a sudden pressure adjustment when the witness opened the sliding lounge door.

Matt is the witness not Control Risk reports. If he heard any sound at all it would be in his rog.

4078 'Okay. We will move back then from that check. I am sure you would have already mentioned, but did you see anybody''
Reply 'No'.

00.45.51 4078 'Hear any cars''
Reply 'No. No, I mean, as I say, it was nearly always completely deserted, there was very few people in the resort, erm, you know, you only rarely saw, you know, occasionally people move about on the street and that was mostly during the day, erm, everybody else seemed to sort of eat earlier or, erm, used the baby sitting or whatever service, there were a few people about between and there wasn't really much of a thoroughfare for, erm, for traffic, so nothing that stuck out'.

4078 'In know specifically one of the Portuguese questions was, did you hear footsteps or car doors opening and shutting''
Reply 'No (inaudible)'.

4078 'Okay. And you attended the Tapas Bar. And what was happening there at that stage when you got back''
Reply 'Erm, well everybody, apart from Russell and I were back, so I arrived back before Russell, erm, I think I said, all quiet, or something to, erm, to, you know, Kate and Gerry and just sort of sat back down and we carried on and I told Jane that Evie had been sick and so later on when his food came, we said, he's going to be late, can we sort of send it back or you just keep it warm and he'll have it later on, erm, we had a conversation as normal, I just remember launching into this Jane relieving Russell'.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1821 on: September 18, 2015, 12:48:12 AM »
@Pathfinder thanks for that bit of the rog where the witness replies that he heard no cars, car doors, or footsteps.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:51:09 AM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1822 on: September 18, 2015, 01:01:21 AM »
Why didn't she check on the children before closing the door? That's the reason she was there. To check not close doors. Inconsistencies are investigated by detectives. Gerry had the same story - the door was open so he did his proud father moment but forgot to check the apartment after knowing a door had moved  &%+((£
An obvious first assumption IMO would be that the child had used the bathroom.
That is a very common thing and it seems strange for any theory to say it's not possible.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:04:50 AM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1823 on: September 18, 2015, 01:01:45 AM »
Well the child certainly asked a question, and if hypothetically the people the question was addressed to didn't answer it, then that would fit my definition of an unanswered question.
The question was asked at Thursday breakfast therefore it was fairly obvious that it referred to when the parents were out on Wednesday night.

if true that proves the Mccanns were willing to go out knowing their kids were likely to wake up crying and they wouldn't be there to see to them
Nice

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1824 on: September 18, 2015, 01:02:47 AM »
@Pathfinder thanks for that bit of the rog where the witness replies that he heard no cars, car doors, or footsteps.

Read the full thing and all is repeated is quiet not a sound. You won't find any of that shit that was in the CR report. Hopefully SY will investigate their reports in this farce!

Offline mercury

« Reply #1825 on: September 18, 2015, 01:03:39 AM »
Opening the fully shut bedroom door did, yes.
Not other door adjustments.
It's physics of air pressure Mercury

Ok I shall take your word for it for now

ETA
I forgot to ask although it hardly needs asking, you discard Tannerman then?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:16:43 AM by mercury »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1826 on: September 18, 2015, 01:06:21 AM »
An obvious first assumption IMO would be that the child had used the bathroom.
That is a very common thing and it seems strange for any theory to say it's not possible.

No it's not. Two other people had been in the apartment. Kate hadn't been in it since 8:30. You check if they're in bed first! Not doing so stands out a mile to any investigator.

Offline misty

« Reply #1827 on: September 18, 2015, 01:13:44 AM »
No it's not. Two other people had been in the apartment. Kate hadn't been in it since 8:30. You check if they're in bed first! Not doing so stands out a mile to any investigator.

From a (selfish) mother's perspective, if Kate had popped her head around the door & Madeleine had been awake, what do you think would have happened next? Clue - Kate wouldn't have been going straight back to the dinner table.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1828 on: September 18, 2015, 01:18:35 AM »
Read the full thing and all is repeated is quiet not a sound. You won't find any of that shit that was in the CR report. Hopefully SY will investigate their reports in this farce!
The document I read got its information from the witness IMO.
As well as a noise it also mentions did I recall a stairgate?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1829 on: September 18, 2015, 01:30:44 AM »
Your theory claims that the child was never in that bedroom that evening, not even at 7.30pm, doesn't it?