Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414128 times)

Offline misty

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1935 on: September 21, 2015, 11:45:59 PM »
From the pic:
Plenty of room for the abductor to hide in there. (reference a theory being put about earlier)
My perception is he would be as unobtrusive as an alligator in a bath.

I agree there was insufficient room for the abductor to hide in there. I believe he/she went into the parents' bedroom.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1936 on: September 21, 2015, 11:51:18 PM »
There was no indication that Madeleine had got out of bed whilst the parents were dining during the previous 4 evenings.
That's because there were only 3 people there Misty and none of them gave witness statements.
It's obvious that the mobile child must have got out of bed sometimes IMO.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1937 on: September 21, 2015, 11:56:13 PM »
.........or someone staged it to appear the child got out of the bed herself.

That's silly, why would any abductor do that, honestly...about as convincing as theories the window was opened to let the smell of chloroform out...as if any abductir would care

Offline misty

« Reply #1938 on: September 22, 2015, 12:07:18 AM »
That's silly, why would any abductor do that, honestly...about as convincing as theories the window was opened to let the smell of chloroform out...as if any abductir would care

Most criminals like to make life as difficult as possible for the police to solve a crime.
Nitrous Oxide acts in 20 seconds & the kit is small & easily carried. You need ventilation, though.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1939 on: September 22, 2015, 12:18:54 AM »
.........or someone staged it to appear the child got out of the bed herself.
Do you believe GM saw Madeleine on top of the covers - that is the crucial question - and also explains 2 door moves if the abductor was interrupted.
IMO no intruder entered the apartment.
So the "intruder hiding in apartment during a check" theory is incorrect IMO
But if you are interested in that theory, I can give you a link to another case where an interrupted intruder did hide in a bedroom.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1940 on: September 22, 2015, 12:20:00 AM »
Most criminals like to make life as difficult as possible for the police to solve a crime.
Nitrous Oxide acts in 20 seconds & the kit is small & easily carried. You need ventilation, though.

Well I don't know how criminals try to trick police but what use would it be to dissipate any potential smell of a drug in an abduction, I mean how would it help police if they knew a drug was used lol
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:22:17 AM by mercury »

Offline misty

« Reply #1941 on: September 22, 2015, 12:28:21 AM »
IMO no intruder entered the apartment.
So the "intruder hiding in apartment during a check" theory is incorrect IMO
But if you are interested in that theory, I can give you a link to another case where an interrupted intruder did hide in a bedroom.

We will agree to differ on the intruder, Pegasus, but, yes please, I would appreciate that link.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1942 on: September 22, 2015, 12:34:23 AM »
Police are looking for a man with a hypnotist-style goatee carrying an inflated balloon.

Offline misty

« Reply #1943 on: September 22, 2015, 12:41:27 AM »
Police are looking for a man with a hypnotist-style goatee carrying an inflated balloon.

Please don't go the same way as the rest of the disrupters on here :)

Seriously, though - check out the kit for nitrous oxide - mask & a very small canister. I was looking at fast-acting safe alternatives to chloroform. There's also a nasal spray form of Midazolam

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1944 on: September 22, 2015, 12:43:38 AM »
We will agree to differ on the intruder, Pegasus, but, yes please, I would appreciate that link.
hid in a wardrobe for 13 hours

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1945 on: September 22, 2015, 12:44:58 AM »

Seriously, though - check out the kit for nitrous oxide - mask & a very small canister. I was looking at fast-acting safe alternatives to chloroform. There's also a nasal spray form of Midazolam
Thanks Misty I will have a look. ETA the wiki page about the second one is an interesting read.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:55:05 AM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1946 on: September 22, 2015, 12:50:42 AM »

so you think a hypnotist is a great theory ? And we awful disrupters make a comment in this silliness? Ok then that makes you even sillier than the hypnotist proclaimed who actually was it in here that suggested this utter tosh in the first place, anyone know?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:55:35 AM by mercury »

Offline misty

« Reply #1947 on: September 22, 2015, 12:54:51 AM »
so you think a hypnotist is a great theory ? And we awful disrupters make a comment in this silliness? Ok then that makes you even sillier than the hypnotist proclaimed sho actually was it in here that suggested this uttef tosh in the first place, anyone know?

I have not engaged in conversation about hypnotism if you care to view my post history.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1948 on: September 22, 2015, 12:59:04 AM »
I have not engaged in conversation about hypnotism if you care to view my post history.
Sorry my mistake.......

Offline misty

« Reply #1949 on: September 22, 2015, 01:20:49 AM »
Thanks Misty I will have a look. ETA the wiki page about the second one is an interesting read.

Do you mean the chloroform or Midazolam?

Have just read the story of the "garden gnome" in the wardrobe, aka someone she'd fostered. Did our police really miss his presence?? He's out of jail already by the looks of it.
I'm surprised the lady hadn't installed CCTV before.  Yelverton is fairly isolated place, surrounded by moorland and not too far from Dartmoor prison.