Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414065 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1980 on: September 22, 2015, 10:33:32 PM »
         Thought you might be interested since you had obviously not already read it ... my mistake.

Yes it was your mistake, despite me saying I had read it, lol both yesterday and today

Offline mercury

« Reply #1981 on: September 22, 2015, 10:37:11 PM »

MO didn't notice the shutters up, but he did notice the room was perhaps lighter than it should have been.

Should have been? who was HE to say what should have been? he made an internal check (for some reason) once and was in  no position to state what should or shouldn't have been

Offline misty

« Reply #1982 on: September 22, 2015, 10:44:30 PM »
Should have been? who was HE to say what should have been? he made an internal check (for some reason) once and was in  no position to state what should or shouldn't have been

His own bedroom in the adjoining apartment had a window which faced in the same direction as the McCann childrens' bedroom and was located within a few metres. That would have given MO a reasonable position to state what he did.

Offline misty

« Reply #1983 on: September 22, 2015, 10:46:31 PM »
                                              As usual Misty ~ an excellent synopsis.

Thanks, Brietta. Even if the synopsis is jmo, it fits the statements.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1984 on: September 22, 2015, 10:51:46 PM »

Does anyone actually read what anyone else actually says?  Or are we condemned to ever after?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1985 on: September 22, 2015, 10:56:24 PM »
His own bedroom in the adjoining apartment had a window which faced in the same direction as the McCann childrens' bedroom and was located within a few metres. That would have given MO a reasonable position to state what he did.

Well no, as any indoor lighting may have been different,to HIS place, the fact is MOs statement is so vague it's hardly worth bothering with
There really is no evidence at all that any shutter was up and window opened in their  statements

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1986 on: September 22, 2015, 11:10:09 PM »
                                              As usual Misty ~ an excellent synopsis.

What's excellent? That shutters could be up on Gerry's check when Matt had just been outside that window and they were shut. And all the checkers that went though the car park didn't notice them. Why would shutters be up and no window open like on Matt's check. Anyone outside that window couldn't see anybody going inside the apartment from the opposite side. Maybe this shadow had all the luck in the world and can see through walls or maybe not  @)(++(*
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1987 on: September 22, 2015, 11:31:47 PM »
Thanks, Brietta. Even if the synopsis is jmo, it fits the statements.

You do the research, you evaluate and tie the information together and you give a succinct and easily understood explanation.  I have read all of those statements but it never occurred to tie them together in a way that made sense of the conditions on the ground on the night that Madeleine vanished.

Sadie and others made a great job of finding out about lighting and weather conditions.  I think your post comparing different statements and in particular ... "he saw the curtains as green & yellow, rather than blue & white, so consistent with the amber light shining through" is spot on.

Who needs HOLMES!! But I think that is precisely the sort of information that could be programmed into it to make better sense of 2007.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #1988 on: September 22, 2015, 11:37:24 PM »
What's excellent? That shutters could be up on Gerry's check when Matt had just been outside that window and they were shut. And all the checkers that went though the car park didn't notice them. Why would shutters be up and no window open like on Matt's check. Anyone outside that window couldn't see anybody going inside the apartment from the opposite side. Maybe this shadow had all the luck in the world and can see through walls or maybe not  @)(++(*

After MO had done the 9.05 check, there was a time period during which he walked back around to the Tapas Bar, sat down & the Gerry walked back up to 5a. Please tell me you don't believe that is not enough time for someone to come down from the first floor, open the door to 5a & possibly open the window/shutter.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1989 on: September 22, 2015, 11:41:05 PM »
His own bedroom in the adjoining apartment had a window which faced in the same direction...(snip)
His own bedroom in the adjoining apartment had a window two windows which faced in the same direction...

Offline mercury

« Reply #1990 on: September 22, 2015, 11:41:26 PM »
After MO had done the 9.05 check, there was a time period during which he walked back around to the Tapas Bar, sat down & the Gerry walked back up to 5a. Please tell me you don't believe that is not enough time for someone to come down from the first floor, open the door to 5a & possibly open the window/shutter.

There's always time but you need evidence and none exists last time I looked

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1991 on: September 22, 2015, 11:42:46 PM »

Just because Misty's research allows different conclusions from anything you subscribe to don't undervalue her or dismiss what she says in such a cavalier fashion.  Her posts are always logical, well researched and thought through.

At least you make the effort to give reasons for your rebuttal but you cannot deny that Misty is one powerful poster who can knock the rest of us into a cocked hat.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1992 on: September 22, 2015, 11:45:07 PM »
Just because Misty's research allows different conclusions from anything you subscribe to don't undervalue her or dismiss what she says in such a cavalier fashion.  Her posts are always logical, well researched and thought through.

At least you make the effort to give reasons for your rebuttal but you cannot deny that Misty is one powerful poster who can knock the rest of us into a cocked hat.
mIstys posts are interesting and thought provoking but never have any evidence which is the prime requisite to move forward

Offline misty

« Reply #1993 on: September 22, 2015, 11:47:59 PM »
His own bedroom in the adjoining apartment had a window two windows which faced in the same direction...

Yes, you're right, it had 2 windows, one narrow, one wider like MM's. I would have added the quotes from MO & RO about the shutters being down all week & the room being kept dark for Grace to sleep in the afternoons but facts like that seem to make certain people's eyes glaze & brains fog. As MO & RO slept in the same room as Grace, I think MO was more than qualified to comment on light conditions in the adjoining bedroom.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1994 on: September 22, 2015, 11:49:42 PM »
Light got through the open slats. No shutters were up and no window was open on Matt's check. He noticed the other shutter being up so that means the curtains were open. Why? It's elementary - it shows that door was used and somebody forgot to close the curtains when leaving. Matt comes next and discovers all these little vital clues unintentionally. The truth is always there it's just a case of discovering it.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.