Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414060 times)

Offline misty

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #2010 on: September 23, 2015, 12:25:01 PM »
The point of my post (in answer to misty) is that Kate didn't need to 'check behind the curtains' because they were open.

Curtains which are fully opened don't go whoosh. Do the experiment in your own house.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2011 on: September 23, 2015, 12:43:57 PM »
I doubt that the Portuguese interpreter lady attempting to get the gist on 4 May of what Kate was trying to explain did either, which then may well have been recorded by the police officer as "curtains open".

Open in which sense? Drawn apart to the side? Or fluttering forward (i.e. not how they should be hanging straight down without any movement)?

Kate said open, Gerry said drawn open.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #2012 on: September 23, 2015, 12:56:11 PM »
"As I ran back into the children's room the closed curtains flew up in a gust of wind. My heart lurched as I saw now that, behind them, the window was wide open and the shutters on the outside raised all the way up. Nausea, terror, disbelief, fear."

Madeleine p.72 Hardback

stephen25000

« Reply #2013 on: September 23, 2015, 12:58:44 PM »
"As I ran back into the children's room the closed curtains flew up in a gust of wind. My heart lurched as I saw now that, behind them, the window was wide open and the shutters on the outside raised all the way up. Nausea, terror, disbelief, fear."

Madeleine p.72 Hardback

......good old Mills and Boon

Offline misty

« Reply #2014 on: September 23, 2015, 01:29:58 PM »

......good old Mills and Boon

.....the only writers worth reading on Amazon :)

Offline Carana

« Reply #2015 on: September 23, 2015, 01:38:58 PM »

Madeleine p.72 Hardback

So, we have "went whoosh" and "flew up".

Neither of those descriptions appear to sound like the curtains had been drawn apart to their extremities on either side of the windows, which is one interpretation of how "open curtains" may have been interpreted in a statement made in chaotic circumstances.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2016 on: September 23, 2015, 02:03:40 PM »
Wouldn't it be good to have a definition of "went whoosh"?. Both in terms of noise and movement on which we could all agree. Fat chance there I guess  8(>((
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Anna

« Reply #2017 on: September 23, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »
Wouldn't it be good to have a definition of "went whoosh"?. Both in terms of noise and movement on which we could all agree. Fat chance there I guess  8(>((

Any of those Alice?

Whoosh

1. a loud, rushing noise, as of air or water: a great whoosh as the door opened.

2. to move swiftly with a gushing or hissing noise: gusts of wind whooshing down the street.
3. to move (an object, a person, etc.) with a whooshing motion or sound: The storm whooshed the waves over the road.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/whoosh

So The dog went woof
the curtains went whoosh
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline jassi

« Reply #2018 on: September 23, 2015, 02:24:06 PM »
Could be have a measurement of woosh on the Beaufort Scale, do you think? Then we would definitely understand  8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anna

« Reply #2019 on: September 23, 2015, 02:26:30 PM »
Could be have a measurement of woosh on the Beaufort Scale, do you think? Then we would definitely understand  8(0(*

@)(++(*

― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2020 on: September 23, 2015, 02:28:27 PM »
I think this preoccupation with the exact words when the statements have been translated twice is more than a tad ridiculous

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2021 on: September 23, 2015, 02:37:52 PM »
I think this preoccupation with the exact words when the statements have been translated twice is more than a tad ridiculous

If there were a definite understanding of the physical occurrence that went with the words you might have a point.
So what is your understanding of how the curtains behaved from the description ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #2022 on: September 23, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »

And how that was conveyed to the first "interpreter" that morning, and how that general idea got conveyed to the officer noting down the general gist.

Offline Anna

« Reply #2023 on: September 23, 2015, 03:23:53 PM »
It wasn't a word it was a sound......So how do you put it into words?

at 14.30

― Plato

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2024 on: September 23, 2015, 04:26:05 PM »
Can anyone explain why an abductor or burglar would open the window and shutters but not the curtains? Those who think Madeleine was lifted from outside are wrong, as are those who think she was passed out through the window. Not with closed curtains she wasn't.

Can anyone explain how the curtains whooshed? One was trapped behind the bed. Did Kate or Gerald McCann tuck it down there at some point?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0