Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414059 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #2190 on: September 26, 2015, 02:38:51 PM »
First part of MWT's theory
"I believe what happened on May 3 was that Madeleine woke up, cried for a short while, realised her parents weren't in the apartment as they had not come in to settle her, so she climbed out of bed and walked around the apartment. She found the back patio door was insecure and partly open so she walked out, went down the small flight of steps and out of the gate, turning right down towards the entrance to the resort and the Tapas bar................"
http://news.sky.com/story/599836/madeleine-my-theories-on-missing-girl

No mention of shoes, and no explanation of why the window and shutter were open.

Once outside the noise from the tapas, in contrast to the quiet elsewhere must have Dewan Madeleine's attention. It is not hard to imagine her dragging a patio chair to the railings and climbing on it in order to see over the foliage to the tapas. Sleep and slightly unstable, it wouldn't have taken much for her to loose her balance and topple over the railings.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2191 on: September 26, 2015, 02:52:28 PM »
Once outside the noise from the tapas, in contrast to the quiet elsewhere must have Dewan Madeleine's attention. It is not hard to imagine her dragging a patio chair to the railings and climbing on it in order to see over the foliage to the tapas. Sleep and slightly unstable, it wouldn't have taken much for her to loose her balance and topple over the railings.
Yes the restaurant could be heard from the balconies. But in the PJ photos there is no plastic chair near the railing which  Eddie later had interest in. Also if someone fell over that railing they would probably not reach the ground but be stopped part way down in the climbing plant. Also the lounge sliding door was closed or nearly closed so does your hypothesis assume someone closing it behind them as they went out?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 02:55:57 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2192 on: September 26, 2015, 03:25:28 PM »
No.
So in your idea was simply waking up the reason for going out of the bedroom, through the lounge, onto the balcony, etc? Also was waking up just random or because of some kind of sound or what?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:27:33 PM by pegasus »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2193 on: September 26, 2015, 03:32:30 PM »
First part of MWT's theory
"I believe what happened on May 3 was that Madeleine woke up, cried for a short while, realised her parents weren't in the apartment as they had not come in to settle her, so she climbed out of bed and walked around the apartment. She found the back patio door was insecure and partly open so she walked out, went down the small flight of steps and out of the gate, turning right down towards the entrance to the resort and the Tapas bar................"
http://news.sky.com/story/599836/madeleine-my-theories-on-missing-girl

No mention of shoes, and no explanation of why the window and shutter were open.

He's entitled to an opinion as everyone else is but that's where it ends.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2194 on: September 26, 2015, 03:39:51 PM »
He's entitled to an opinion as everyone else is but that's where it ends.
IMO for someone to go that far in bare feet in the dark would require an unusual and urgent reason.
(on topic IMO).

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2195 on: September 26, 2015, 04:04:11 PM »
So in your idea was simply waking up the reason for going out of the bedroom, through the lounge, onto the balcony, etc? Also was waking up just random or because of some kind of sound or what?

I think looking for her parents was the reason Madeleine left the bedroom. As to what woke her up, well we know she had a habitat of this happening and although, we are told, this had for better recently perhaps being in a different environment had caused the behaviour to resume or even noise from one of the twins ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2196 on: September 26, 2015, 04:18:47 PM »
I think looking for her parents was the reason Madeleine left the bedroom. As to what woke her up, well we know she had a habitat of this happening and although, we are told, this had for better recently perhaps being in a different environment had caused the behaviour to resume or even noise from one of the twins ?
IMO your idea needs something much more urgent than just awaking, to explain going out onto a balcony.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:23:02 PM by pegasus »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2197 on: September 26, 2015, 04:29:54 PM »
IMO your idea needs something much more urgent than just awaking, to explain going out onto a balcony.

Why ?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2198 on: September 26, 2015, 04:39:52 PM »
Why ?
Because in your theory how do you explain why someone goes on a balcony one time when awaking, and not all the other times when awaking, what is more urgent this one time?
Of course if someone had opened the shutter and window from outside .....
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:42:20 PM by pegasus »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2199 on: September 26, 2015, 04:54:21 PM »
Because in your theory how do you explain why someone goes on a balcony one time when awaking, and not all the other times when awaking, what is more urgent this one time?
Of course if someone had opened the shutter and window from outside .....

Perhaps this was the only time that week that the patio doors were left open when Madeleine woke ?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2200 on: September 26, 2015, 05:02:30 PM »
Perhaps this was the only time that week that the patio doors were left open when Madeleine woke ?
Wouldn't someone opening the shutter and window from outside cause awaking and looking for help, much more urgently than just random awaking?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2201 on: September 26, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »
Wouldn't someone opening the shutter and window from outside cause awaking and looking for help, much more urgently than just random awaking?

Who said there was any urgency ?

Offline jassi

« Reply #2202 on: September 26, 2015, 06:16:42 PM »

According to someone, possible jezz's  partner, Gerry was noisy. Perhaps that was what woke her and attracted her.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2203 on: September 26, 2015, 06:20:39 PM »
What time did Mrs Carpenter hear someone calling Madeleine's name?  Didn't she hear a woman's voice? 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:13:11 AM by John »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2204 on: September 26, 2015, 07:34:10 PM »
What time did Mrs Carpenter hear someone calling Madeleine's name?  Didn't she hear a woman's voice?

No she heard 'someone' not specifying which sex and the time was between quarter and half past nine, exactly the time of Gerry's check.