Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414103 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #2265 on: September 28, 2015, 12:33:00 AM »
Another thing that is strange is the idea that a child is incapable of getting out of bed and going to another room.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2266 on: September 28, 2015, 01:39:53 AM »
Both KM and GM deduced immediately that the window was opened from outside.
As it happens they were correct about that IMO.
But now posters who support them are posting every argument under the sun against that correct (IMO) solution.

You follow any evidence and see if it matches with their story. Not touching a window and evidence being found  on it doesn't fit.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2267 on: September 28, 2015, 01:56:15 AM »
You follow any evidence and see if it matches with their story. Not touching a window and evidence being found  on it doesn't fit.
But what is your theory about this bedroom? For a start, how many people were in this bedroom at 7.30pm IYO? And what is your theory of the 5 identified fingerprints on the glass? 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 02:14:40 AM by pegasus »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2268 on: September 28, 2015, 08:36:59 AM »
Another thing that is strange is the idea that a child is incapable of getting out of bed and going to another room.

Agreed, my Grandson is a year younger and already does.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2269 on: September 28, 2015, 10:06:37 AM »

Where did Kate deny touching it? According to Amaral, she denied opening it.

I have no idea why he and his pal Moita Flores got the idea that the prints were in an opening position. The files say no such thing.

Finding prints from two fingers of the left hand is perfectly consistent with touching the window to peer out.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2270 on: September 28, 2015, 10:27:05 AM »
Where does she say she looked out of the window?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2271 on: September 28, 2015, 10:41:05 AM »
Agreed, my Grandson is a year younger and already does.
Ah but assuming you left the bedroom door only about an inch ajar, it would be impossible for a your grandchild to squeeze through that gap and go to another room wouldn't it? I spent many months incognito in the opium dens of the london docklands pondering this apparently unsolvable problem. Finally I came up with a possible answer, involving a devilishly cunning application of carefully calculated force in order to modify an angle. But it is so far-fetched and complicated that few here would believe it. 

Offline Carana

« Reply #2272 on: September 28, 2015, 10:45:40 AM »

Her book. P. 72 (hardback).

Offline Carana

« Reply #2273 on: September 28, 2015, 10:48:49 AM »
Ah but assuming you left the bedroom door only about an inch ajar, it would be impossible for a your grandchild to squeeze through that gap and go to another room wouldn't it? I spent many months incognito in the opium dens of the london docklands pondering this apparently unsolvable problem. Finally I came up with a possible answer, involving a devilishly cunning application of carefully calculated force in order to modify an angle. But it is so far-fetched and complicated that few here would believe it.

I won't ask what you were doing in opium dens. LOL But what's the unsolvable problem? People getting through small spaces? 

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2274 on: September 28, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »
There were definitely 5 KM prints on the inside surface of the glass Pathfinder.
Which fits with the witness leaning to look out the window just as she says.
Why don't you tell us your alternative explanation for those 5 prints on the glass?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2275 on: September 28, 2015, 11:06:47 AM »
I won't ask what you were doing in opium dens. LOL But what's the unsolvable problem? People getting through small spaces?
Place a bedroom door so that it is almost closed, leaving only a one inch gap. Surely now a child cannot walk from the bedroom to another room. The gap is too small. That was the problem to be solved. It seems some here have not solved it yet - why else would their theories insist the child did not walk from the bedroom to another room?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:14:37 AM by pegasus »

Offline Carana

« Reply #2276 on: September 28, 2015, 11:31:45 AM »
Place a bedroom door so that it is almost closed, leaving only a one inch gap. Surely now a child cannot walk from the bedroom to another room. The gap is too small. That was the problem to be solved. It seems some here have not solved it yet - why else would their theories insist the child did not walk from the bedroom to another room?

LOL I thought you were being serious.

Obviously she could have opened the door further and gone out.

I'm curious about the idea that all three checkers that evening found the door more ajar than usual at different points in the evening. Could it simply have been air movement from opening / closing the patio door on Gerry and Matt's checks or not?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2277 on: September 28, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »
There were definitely 5 KM prints on the inside surface of the glass Pathfinder.
Which fits with the witness leaning to look out the window just as she says.
Why don't you tell us your alternative explanation for those 5 prints on the glass?

If you lean out of a window how many times do you touch the glass? Once? Twice? Three times?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2278 on: September 28, 2015, 11:52:54 AM »
LOL I thought you were being serious.

Obviously she could have opened the door further and gone out.

I'm curious about the idea that all three checkers that evening found the door more ajar than usual at different points in the evening. Could it simply have been air movement from opening / closing the patio door on Gerry and Matt's checks or not?
"Obviously she could have opened the door further and gone out"
Agreed completely but try telling that to some people and they won't believe you.

There is a mantra in some circles which says "under no circumstances could the child have awoken got out of bed and looked for the parents".

The wind direction (from weather data and from witness statement) was in the window and out the bedroom door. The door opens into the bedroom. To make the wind open the bedroom door you would need a gust in the opposite direction of the wind.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:58:56 AM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2279 on: September 28, 2015, 12:38:44 PM »
Her book. P. 72 (hardback).

This happened in 2007 not 2011.