Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414131 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #2280 on: September 28, 2015, 12:40:16 PM »
There were definitely 5 KM prints on the inside surface of the glass Pathfinder.
Which fits with the witness leaning to look out the window just as she says.
Why don't you tell us your alternative explanation for those 5 prints on the glass?

Only 2 fingers. You don't lean out of a window using only 2 fingers  @)(++(*
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2281 on: September 28, 2015, 12:41:59 PM »
There were definitely 5 KM prints on the inside surface of the glass Pathfinder.
Which fits with the witness leaning to look out the window just as she says.
Why don't you tell us your alternative explanation for those 5 prints on the glass?

All that really indicates is that sometime during the week she did that, not necessarily that night.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2282 on: September 28, 2015, 12:51:10 PM »
All that really indicates is that sometime during the week she did that, not necessarily that night.
Yes but the witness says she leaned out of the window on the 3rd, not on another date, so why not believe the witness?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2283 on: September 28, 2015, 01:03:50 PM »
Yes but the witness says she leaned out of the window on the 3rd, not on another date, so why not believe the witness?

That's not in her statements on 4 May and 6 September 2007.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:09:51 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2284 on: September 28, 2015, 01:34:55 PM »
That's not in her statements on 4 May and 6 September 2007.
The 4 May statement was written down as a summary in portuguese and does not include everything the witness said. The 6 Sept statement was about an earlier time period. Do you have a theory yet about when and why the 5 identified prints were made on the window glass?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2285 on: September 28, 2015, 01:44:44 PM »
The 4 May statement was written down as a summary in portuguese and does not include everything the witness said. The 6 Sept statement was about an earlier time period. Do you have a theory yet about when and why the 5 identified prints were made on the window glass?

It includes the first things she did which wasn't looking out the window searching for any sign of her daughter.

"She went into the apartment by the side door, which was closed but not locked, as she said before. She noticed that the door to her children's bedroom was completely open, the window was also open, the shutters raised and the curtains open, while she was certain of having closed them all as she always did.

Faced with this situation,she verified that the twins were in their respective beds, unlike Madeleine, who had disappeared. The cover was pulled back and the toys were on the pillow as usual. After searching the whole apartment thoroughly, the interviewee went back, scared and shocked, to the restaurant, to alert her husband and the others to the disappearance."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN.htm

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2286 on: September 28, 2015, 01:57:47 PM »
It includes the first things she did which wasn't looking out the window searching for any sign of her daughter.

"She went into the apartment by the side door, which was closed but not locked, as she said before. She noticed that the door to her children's bedroom was completely open, the window was also open, the shutters raised and the curtains open, while she was certain of having closed them all as she always did.

Faced with this situation,she verified that the twins were in their respective beds, unlike Madeleine, who had disappeared. The cover was pulled back and the toys were on the pillow as usual. After searching the whole apartment thoroughly, the interviewee went back, scared and shocked, to the restaurant, to alert her husband and the others to the disappearance."

I agree it doesn't mention looking out the window, however IMO the witness did look out the window, and the reason is, the witness at a later date said so, and there is no reason to not believe that.
How can others benefit from your theory about this check if you don't say what your ideas are?
To start with, do you think this witness did enter the child bedroom at about 10pm? Or not?

Offline jassi

« Reply #2287 on: September 28, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »

Except that both Gerry and Matt had been in the apartment since she left at 8.0 ish, whatever, so she could not possibly know what position Matt had left the door in.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2288 on: September 28, 2015, 02:33:06 PM »
As soon as the child was discovered missing from the bedroom, both parents and every adult member of the group and many other people too, all considered various versions of the obvious scenario that the child might have woken up, got out of bed, and either looked for the parents or hidden somewhere.

Yet today, look at all the other theories (abduction or non-abduction) by posters here, and try to find one which includes that obvious and elementary possibility?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2289 on: September 28, 2015, 02:36:40 PM »
(snip) ... she could not possibly know what position Matt had left the door in.
Correct, and that is exactly what she says, I don't see any discrepancy there.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2290 on: September 28, 2015, 02:43:17 PM »
As soon as the child was discovered missing from the bedroom, both parents and every adult member of the group and many other people too, all considered various versions of the obvious scenario that the child might have woken up, got out of bed, and either looked for the parents or hidden somewhere.

Yet today, look at all the other theories (abduction or non-abduction) by posters here, and try to find one which includes that obvious and elementary possibility?

When the hope that Madeleine had wakened and wandered was dashed by the fact she was not found ... other possibilities had to be considered.
That the window was opened with the shutter raised and no-one with legitimate access having done that ... gives the clue that someone else had accessed the apartment.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2291 on: September 28, 2015, 02:53:27 PM »
... the window was opened with the shutter raised and no-one with legitimate access having done that ...
I agree with you about that Brietta.
Another thing I think we agree on is that a child was asleep on a bed.
Both facts are true, so the question is....
What would happen if a child asleep on a bed was awoken by a stranger opening the window and shutter?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 02:55:34 PM by pegasus »

Offline jassi

« Reply #2292 on: September 28, 2015, 02:54:49 PM »
Correct, and that is exactly what she says, I don't see any discrepancy there.

I suppose it is down to how you interpret her " certain of having closed them all "   To me, 'all' includes the door because she mentioned it along with curtains and window.

Or maybe not -

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2293 on: September 28, 2015, 03:02:51 PM »
I suppose it is down to how you interpret her " certain of having closed them all "   To me, 'all' includes the door because she mentioned it along with curtains and window.
Yes but the text was written down in the interview room in portuguese after being verbally translated by a translator, so to assume that every tiny nuance of meaning survives translation is unrealistic IMO.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2294 on: September 28, 2015, 03:05:50 PM »
I agree with you about that Brietta.
Another thing I think we agree on is that a child was asleep on a bed.
Both facts are true, so the question is....
What would happen if a child asleep on a bed was awoken by a stranger opening the window and shutter?

I don't think she was awakened by the raising of the shutter.  When she did wake up she wasn't where she should have been.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....