Author Topic: Scotland Yard given permission to question 8 key suspects.  (Read 41737 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Scotland Yard given permission to question 8 key suspects.
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2014, 01:44:28 AM »
Back to 8 suspects something just occurred to me.

How did SY and PJ come to these 8 people of interest.

It has been reported their ID came as a result of a phone mapping.

And we were also told that the recent searches of the land have to do with the phone mapping.

Then it has been reported that these people were near 5A on May 3

So why only 8 of them?

Is it possible that they looked at the phone data at other times, like the times of the known robberies or times of holidaymaker's children being abused?

Whatever it is the further weeks will be interesting.. I cannot wait for the further developments...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:29:07 AM by John »

Offline jassi

« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2014, 08:16:49 PM »
As yet, we don't know who these people are and they may turn out to have nothing to offer.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2014, 08:17:59 PM »
As yet, we don't know who these people are and they may turn out to have nothing to offer.
Would they be made arguidos if the McCanns were the Met's key suspects?

Offline jassi

« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2014, 08:21:19 PM »
Who can tell? It wouldn't be SY that have made these people aguido. It would be a Portuguese court as a step to protecting their rights.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »
Who can tell? It wouldn't be SY that have made these people aguido. It would be a Portuguese court as a step to protecting their rights.
Well put it this way - is it LIKELY that SY questioning these 4 arguidos signifies that they are pursuing the McCanns as their chief suspects?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »
At last?

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-06-30/scotland-yard-to-question-four-formal-suspects-in-madeleine-mccann-investigation/

Scotland Yard is to begin questioning four formal suspects in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, ITV News understands.

Officers will begin questioning the four people - identified as arguidos, meaning formal suspects - tomorrow at a police station in Faro, Portugal.

Eight key witnesses will also be questioned.

Would SY be questioning suspects in Portugal when the PJ have re-opened the case and have primacy ?

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2014, 08:28:44 PM »
Well put it this way - is it LIKELY that SY questioning these 4 arguidos signifies that they are pursuing the McCanns as their chief suspects?

As we have no idea what questions are going to be asked of these four, it is impossible to know where it may lead.

Or maybe not -

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2014, 08:31:48 PM »
Just a reminder that the Guardian / Observer reported earlier in June that according to Portuguese Police sources arrests and questioning would take place shortly http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/07/madeleine-mccann-suspects-questioned-police

This rather proves that the PJ are still leaking like a sieve.

Offline jassi

« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2014, 08:38:33 PM »
Where would we be without leaks ? 

Or maybe not -

Gadfly

« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2014, 08:40:30 PM »
Just a reminder that the Guardian / Observer reported earlier in June that according to Portuguese Police sources arrests and questioning would take place shortly http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/07/madeleine-mccann-suspects-questioned-police

This rather proves that the PJ are still leaking like a sieve.

No need to rush on this is there?  More time equals more surveillance.  More time to study, refine the line of questioning / traps to be laid during questioning.  Time also gives them a chance to uncover physical evidence once the tourist season is over.

stephen25000

« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2014, 08:43:22 PM »
No need to rush on this is there?  More time equals more surveillance.  More time to study, refine the line of questioning / traps to be laid during questioning.  Time also gives them a chance to uncover physical evidence once the tourist season is over.

Evidence of what exactly ?

Offline Carana

« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2014, 08:43:57 PM »
Would SY be questioning suspects in Portugal when the PJ have re-opened the case and have primacy ?

Officially, the Met would be "sitting in" (possibly behind the scenes) on the interviews in PT, with the PJ actually conducting the interviews, wouldn't they? Just as the PJ appear to have done in the rog interviews in the UK. If that's the case, I would expect that there will be police on both sides in a back room taking notes, conferring and passing on any additional points to get clarified.

Gadfly

« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2014, 08:44:56 PM »
Evidence of what exactly ?

Clue is in the 'physical' part of that term Stephen.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2014, 08:46:06 PM »
Officially, the Met would be "sitting in" (possibly behind the scenes) on the interviews in PT, with the PJ actually conducting the interviews, wouldn't they? Just as the PJ appear to have done in the rog interviews in the UK. If that's the case, I would expect that there will be police on both sides in a back room taking notes, conferring and passing on any additional points to get clarified.

I think that's exactly what's happening Carana.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2014, 08:49:53 PM »
Clue is in the 'physical' part of that term Stephen.

i.e.'persons of interest', with no evidence of abduction.