Author Topic: What are the icons down the LHS of page for?  (Read 1280 times)

Offline sadie

What are the icons down the LHS of page for?
« on: September 19, 2014, 11:34:49 AM »
Please can someone tell me what all the marks mean down the LH side of the initial page; the one that lists the threads?

There are two columns of them.  What do they designate. please?

Can someone answer this please?

Offline John

Re: What are the icons down the LHS of page for?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 03:19:30 PM »
Please can someone tell me what all the marks mean down the LH side of the initial page; the one that lists the threads?

There are two columns of them.  What do they designate. please?

Can someone answer this please?

A very good question Sadie, the answer to which I didn't know until a few minutes ago.

Basically, there are two vertical columns of icons, see pic below.

The first row icons designate whether the topic is quiet, a 'hot topic' or a 'very hot topic'.

Hot topic level is set at 300 posts while very hot topic is set at 1000 posts.

The presence of a little smiley 'participation icon' indicates that you have posted on that particular thread.

The second row of icons reflects the icon in the opening post.  This changes as editors monitor threads for any inappropriate comments, I use these icons regularly to designate threads which have been checked.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 03:23:34 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

Re: What are the icons down the LHS of page for?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 07:08:02 PM »
I always wondered what those ever changing icons were for but felt stupid asking.  Well done Sadie.  8((()*/
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!