Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1490688 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #5775 on: June 02, 2019, 08:43:21 PM »
Really? I thought the best parents took their kids on busmen's holidays and left them home alone every night. I never did that.

my 12 yera old daughter wants to walk everywere herself....I actually think shes at more risk than maddie was in taht apartment

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5776 on: June 02, 2019, 09:39:28 PM »
Really? I thought the best parents took their kids on busmen's holidays and left them home alone every night. I never did that.
Don’t lie, you didn’t think that at all.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5777 on: June 02, 2019, 09:48:29 PM »
I fell into that trap once before too.  It could well be irony.  In fact it could be double irony.  Or even triple irony.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5778 on: June 02, 2019, 10:04:13 PM »

You're not the only one who can be sarcastic
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5779 on: June 02, 2019, 10:06:14 PM »
You're not the only one who can be sarcastic
Be careful, you might get a warning.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 10:07:58 PM by slartibartfast »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5780 on: June 02, 2019, 10:07:42 PM »
Both of you stop all the irony and sarcasm right now.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5781 on: June 02, 2019, 10:10:26 PM »
Be careful, you might get a warning.
lol.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5782 on: June 02, 2019, 10:36:40 PM »
my 12 yera old daughter wants to walk everywere herself....I actually think shes at more risk than maddie was in taht apartment

It's a difficult one, isn't it? My children began by wanting to go to town with their friends on Sarurday afternoons. I was a nervous wreck until they got back. My other one was ny son getting a motor bike. I would go to bed but not skeep until I heard him come home. You have to let them stand on their own feet in the end but it's not easy. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5783 on: June 02, 2019, 10:56:11 PM »
It's a difficult one, isn't it? My children began by wanting to go to town with their friends on Sarurday afternoons. I was a nervous wreck until they got back. My other one was ny son getting a motor bike. I would go to bed but not skeep until I heard him come home. You have to let them stand on their own feet in the end but it's not easy.
There is no more welcome sound in the world than the sound of your child’s key turning in the front door lock at five in the morning.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5784 on: June 02, 2019, 11:12:10 PM »
There is no more welcome sound in the world than the sound of your child’s key turning in the front door lock at five in the morning.

Ours were at that stage about thirty years ago.
The clubs  maybe finished earlier then, it was usually about three AM when we heard the key turning.
Now it's the eldest ones turn to have that experience.
Pay back!!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 11:21:28 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline The General

« Reply #5785 on: June 03, 2019, 07:53:58 AM »
Ours were at that stage about thirty years ago.
The clubs  maybe finished earlier then, it was usually about three AM when we heard the key turning.
Now it's the eldest ones turn to have that experience.
Pay back!!
That makes you about 106, Ern. :)
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5786 on: June 03, 2019, 08:04:13 AM »
That makes you about 106, Ern. :)

Eldest is now 49.

Thirty years ago he was 19 and going to clubs.

His eldest is now  20 and going to clubs.

Doesn't make me 106!

Though sometimes my knees feel that old . @)(++(*

ETA
I can see where you may have reached that conclusion.
The thirty years ago could have been read as our children were waiting for their children to turn the key, whereas I meant our children were turning the key.

Just shows how we don't always express our thoughts clearly which can lead to statements being misconstrued.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 08:36:10 AM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5787 on: June 03, 2019, 09:50:23 AM »
Eldest is now 49.

Thirty years ago he was 19 and going to clubs.

His eldest is now  20 and going to clubs.

Doesn't make me 106!

Though sometimes my knees feel that old . @)(++(*

ETA
I can see where you may have reached that conclusion.
The thirty years ago could have been read as our children were waiting for their children to turn the key, whereas I meant our children were turning the key.

Just shows how we don't always express our thoughts clearly which can lead to statements being misconstrued.

My eldest is 54 and I'm 75. I only retired 5 years ago though.
Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #5788 on: June 03, 2019, 10:02:15 AM »
My eldest is 54 and I'm 75. I only retired 5 years ago though.

Really?  My eldest is 56 and I went on working until I was 75.  The Ghastly British State Pension.  But I've got The Food Bank now, so that's okay.

PS.  I have never had to lock my front door here, or the back door either.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5789 on: June 03, 2019, 10:58:17 AM »
Really?  My eldest is 56 and I went on working until I was 75.  The Ghastly British State Pension.  But I've got The Food Bank now, so that's okay.

PS.  I have never had to lock my front door here, or the back door either.

I may have carried on longer but my job disappeared due to company reorganisation.  There were family reasons to be at home too.
Result = happy posting.