Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464264 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #375 on: April 21, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »
Why would there have been any need for the secret service to be involved ????

There have been some suggestions that the Intelligence Services were not there for the direct benefit of the McCanns, but to conceal the presence of some Establishment figure - all un-substantiated, of course, otherwise it wouldn't be secret    @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pegasus

« Reply #376 on: April 21, 2016, 12:36:41 PM »
I am assuming that Mr Amaral is telling the truth, that he did accompany a UK expert to the airport, and that  someone would be waiting to have a chat with expert at disembarkation in the UK.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:39:05 PM by pegasus »

stephen25000

« Reply #377 on: April 21, 2016, 12:45:09 PM »
There have been some suggestions that the Intelligence Services were not there for the direct benefit of the McCanns, but to conceal the presence of some Establishment figure - all un-substantiated, of course, otherwise it wouldn't be secret    @)(++(*

Then why would an establishment figure need to be there either ?

After all the mccanns were 2 ordinary run of the mill doctors.

Offline misty

« Reply #378 on: April 21, 2016, 12:48:21 PM »
@Pegasus
IMO MG report must have been written in Portugal. I do not recall seeing it being forwarded as an attachment from LP or any other source in the UK.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #379 on: April 21, 2016, 12:51:04 PM »
"when your flight from Faro lands in the UK, go to the sushi bar and sit next to the oriental priest, he will be wearing a bowler hat and a red rose in his lapel, and will be reading the Times, ask him what the weather is like in Paris in the spring, he will then provide you with your instructions"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:03:28 PM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #380 on: April 21, 2016, 01:16:05 PM »
Presumably he meant S.I.S [Secret Intelligence Service aka MI6] the UK not having a secret service and all. The Americans have a Secret Service, it's job is to guard the President.
Now you know that I'll have to kill you  8(>((

Our 'secret service' is so secret there are people who think it is MI5.  Masters of disguise if not invisibility.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2016, 01:33:30 PM »
Our 'secret service' is so secret there are people who think it is MI5.  Masters of disguise if not invisibility.
The secret service even if they exist cannot compete with the mastery of disguise and invisibility attained by the private investigators. Here is one of them in PDL, cunningly blending unnoticed into the background, travelling incognito as a priest to avoid suspicion. I'm not joking - that really is one of the PIs.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:46:18 PM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #382 on: April 21, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »
"when your flight from Faro lands in the UK, go to the sushi bar and sit next to the oriental priest, he will be wearing a bowler hat and a red rose in his lapel, and will be reading the Times, ask him what the weather is like in Paris in the spring, he will then provide you with your instructions"

Is that an extract from the Satanic Verses or James Bond?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #383 on: April 21, 2016, 02:44:27 PM »
Is that an extract from the Satanic Verses or James Bond?
It's my guess of the content of that voice call the UK expert received at Faro Airport Misty.
Partly inspired by an associate of MI5/MI6 who was part of the campaign to discredit Mr Amaral.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:46:33 PM by pegasus »

Offline Carana

« Reply #384 on: April 21, 2016, 02:46:39 PM »
I am assuming that Mr Amaral is telling the truth, that he did accompany a UK expert to the airport, and that  someone would be waiting to have a chat with expert at disembarkation in the UK.

Did he personally accompany someone to the airport? Or is this yet another hearsay assertion on his part?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #385 on: April 21, 2016, 02:50:12 PM »
Did he personally accompany someone to the airport? Or is this yet another hearsay assertion on his part?
I will read the interview and check.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #386 on: April 21, 2016, 02:51:13 PM »
I see Ched Evans has had his conviction quashed and because of new evidence can have a retrial.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #387 on: April 21, 2016, 03:21:49 PM »
I see Ched Evans has had his conviction quashed and because of new evidence can have a retrial.

remember me telling you appeals could be made if new evidence came to light and you disagreeing

Offline Carana

« Reply #388 on: April 21, 2016, 03:31:46 PM »
I will read the interview and check.

At the time, did Amaral understand spoken English, or not?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:33:51 PM by Carana »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #389 on: April 21, 2016, 03:41:42 PM »
remember me telling you appeals could be made if new evidence came to light and you disagreeing

I think you will find that was in a different context.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey