Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1480454 times)

stephen25000

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #1005 on: May 29, 2016, 10:57:01 AM »
So davel, any response to the article I cited on David Lowry ?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1006 on: May 29, 2016, 03:24:35 PM »
Just in case the Bank Holiday turns wet and people are at a loose end - The Mirror Forum, courtesy of the Wayback machine.  8)--))

http://web.archive.org/web/20071023045635/http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=31
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1007 on: May 29, 2016, 03:32:36 PM »
Just in case the Bank Holiday turns wet and people are at a loose end - The Mirror Forum, courtesy of the Wayback machine.  8)--))

http://web.archive.org/web/20071023045635/http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=31

wow i know lots of names there

Offline Carana

« Reply #1008 on: May 29, 2016, 04:49:41 PM »

Thanks Jassi.

I can understand why people were discussing the myths circulating as troo facts back then, but I have trouble with certain people who continue to perpetuate them even today.

Their motivations remain a mystery...

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #1009 on: May 29, 2016, 07:08:08 PM »
Thanks Jassi.

I can understand why people were discussing the myths circulating as troo facts back then, but I have trouble with certain people who continue to perpetuate them even today.

Their motivations remain a mystery...

A bit of a trip down memory lane.  Not much has changed, really.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1010 on: May 31, 2016, 11:54:54 PM »
A bit of a trip down memory lane.  Not much has changed, really.

Alot has changed actually, alot of those posts on mirror forums were free for all in absence of info

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1011 on: June 04, 2016, 01:54:43 AM »
from another thread
Well this gentleman did http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9470638/Tia-Sharp-Father-speaks-of-horror-at-being-yards-from-her-body-during-search.html. Came all the way from Nottingham I believe.
Re that south London case there is a video interview by a crime expert of one of the family and if you watch carefully here is a question - was that interview conducted in the lounge of the residence?
If so it demonstrates the incredible power of false assumption - completely overriding logical investigation - how else would it be possible to have a televised expert interview conducted at a distance of about 7 metres vertically from what would eventually be found to be the solution?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:57:39 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #1012 on: June 04, 2016, 02:12:09 AM »
from another threadRe that south London case there is a video interview by a crime expert of one of the family and if you watch carefully here is a question - was that interview conducted in the lounge of the residence?
If so it demonstrates the incredible power of false assumption - completely overriding logical investigation - how else would it be possible to have a televised expert interview conducted at a distance of about 7 metres vertically from what would eventually be found to be the solution?

The interviewee said "we was here....".
"They'd been under house arrest for 7 days" at time of interview.
I wonder where the FLO was?

ETA I also wonder why MWT had been drafted in at such an early stage?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:45:49 AM by misty »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1013 on: June 04, 2016, 02:45:15 AM »
The interviewee said "we was here....".
"They'd been under house arrest for 7 days" at time of interview.
I wonder where the FLO was?
If that interview is in the lounge, as seems very likely, it's interesting to watch it in that context.

Offline misty

« Reply #1014 on: June 04, 2016, 02:50:55 AM »
If that interview is in the lounge, as seems very likely, it's interesting to watch it in that context.

I've just added above - I wonder why MWT was drafted in at such an early stage?
It's the posters - in a family lounge - which bothered me....it all looks so staged, which it was as it turned out.
Clearly the police did not think the missing child was still on the premises and the interviewee (like a few others I could mention) seemed to revel in the presence of the cameras.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1015 on: June 04, 2016, 02:59:20 AM »
I've just added above - I wonder why MWT was drafted in at such an early stage?
It's the posters - in a family lounge - which bothered me....it all looks so staged, which it was as it turned out.
Clearly the police did not think the missing child was still on the premises and the interviewee (like a few others I could mention) seemed to revel in the presence of the cameras.
It demonstrates that an entire investigation can, within a minute of arriving at the scene, go off in every direction except the correct one - just by making one drastically false assumption.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:01:24 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #1016 on: June 04, 2016, 03:15:22 AM »
It demonstrates that an entire investigation can, within a minute of arriving at the scene, go off in every direction except the correct one - just by making one drastically false assumption.

I don't think it was an assumption. I think it was a huge error, which was repeated on more than one occasion by the investigating force. They knew his history - that should have set alarm bells ringing straight away.
I wonder why the cadaver dog didn't alert in the bedroom?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1017 on: June 04, 2016, 09:26:38 AM »
I don't think it was an assumption. I think it was a huge error, which was repeated on more than one occasion by the investigating force. They knew his history - that should have set alarm bells ringing straight away.

Would you believe that alert if it had?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1018 on: June 08, 2016, 11:21:44 PM »
interesting story.......backs up what i have said

Ben Butler, 36, denies murdering his daughter Ellie by causing the "catastrophic" injuries.
She may have fallen and hit her head as she watched the popular children's cartoon, the Old Bailey heard.
The pathologist who carried out the post-mortem test said he had never seen someone die from similar injuries.
During his cross-examination of Prof Anthony Risdon, Mr Butler's defence counsel Icah Peart QC said Ellie had been a fan of the cartoon, and there were "Peppa Pig artefacts about her room".
'Considerable impact'
He asked the pathologist if he knew a rhyme from the show, where Peppa jumps and falls from a bed.
"What I am talking about is someone jumping up and down on the bed and, as Peppa Pig does, jumps over backwards, falls down and hits her head on the concrete floor," he said.
Mr Peart QC then asked Prof Risdon if such momentum may have resulted in Ellie's injuries.
He replied: "I have seen a large number of head injuries in children.
"I have never come across a scenario like that and I have never come across a short distance fall that results in a similar injury."

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1019 on: June 10, 2016, 01:02:36 AM »
What an interesting and important question you have raised Misty.
This is a sign that the CSST study may be correct - it found that a PM interval of at least 85 minutes is required to produce a cadaver dog alert. IMO based on the CSST study we can deduce that in the London case, relocation to attic occurred at a PM interval of less than 85 minutes.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 01:07:42 AM by pegasus »