Author Topic: The Paynes used a baby monitor so was this accepted practice?  (Read 17483 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: The Paynes used a baby monitor so was this accepted practice?
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2017, 12:23:25 AM »
I was under the impression that private owners had access to the Ocean Club facilities so that may be one means Mrs Fenn could have acquired OC/Greentrust's phone number. She may have needed it for maintenance issues. Would her apartment be leasehold?
There is always the phone directory too.
I simply do not know for a fact, but I don't believe her apartment was maintained by the OC.  On the visit of my last Luz Tour (Oct 16), we had a very quick peek at the exterior of 5H.  There is a large smooth sea-washed boulder on the balcony outside 5H.  Upon that rock is painted the single word "Fenn". 

I presume one or more of the children inherited when Mrs Fenn died.
What's up, old man?

Offline misty

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2017, 12:29:59 AM »
I simply do not know for a fact, but I don't believe her apartment was maintained by the OC.  On the visit of my last Luz Tour (Oct 16), we had a very quick peek at the exterior of 5H.  There is a large smooth sea-washed boulder on the balcony outside 5H.  Upon that rock is painted the single word "Fenn". 

I presume one or more of the children inherited when Mrs Fenn died.

The communal landing/stairs/lift etc would be maintained by OC & if there were any issues the residents would have to have a point of contact with OC.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2017, 12:37:53 AM »
She didn't have to monitor them but I'm a bit surprised she didn't make a complaint or mention it to anyone in the immediate aftermath. I'm also surprised she could hear the patio doors, given that next door couldn't.

She mentioned it to her friend that very night and who knows who else in the preceding days.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2017, 12:43:13 AM »
She mentioned it to her friend that very night and who knows who else in the preceding days.

Shame isn't it that no one bothered to check with her friend and record her statement. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2017, 12:48:46 AM »
The communal landing/stairs/lift etc would be maintained by OC & if there were any issues the residents would have to have a point of contact with OC.
Fair does.
What's up, old man?

Offline misty

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2017, 12:58:31 AM »

Idle gossip in a supermarket can be heard by ears of evil,

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2017, 01:07:42 AM »
Idle gossip in a supermarket can be heard by ears of evil,

Mrs Fennwouldnt have known the children were being left alone.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline misty

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2017, 01:17:24 AM »
Mrs Fennwouldnt have known the children were being left alone.

Maybe she did - but we'll never know. She certainly said that the crying stopped when the parents returned - how did she know it was the parents going in and not someone going out?

"At about 23.45, an hour and fifteen minutes after the crying began, she heard the parents arrive, she did not see them, but she heard the patio doors open, she was quite worried as the crying had gone on for more than an hour and had gradually got worse.

When questioned, she said that she did not know the cause of the crying, perhaps a nightmare or another destabilising factor.
As soon as the parents entered the child stopped crying"

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2017, 01:25:10 AM »
Maybe she did - but we'll never know. She certainly said that the crying stopped when the parents returned - how did she know it was the parents going in and not someone going out?

"At about 23.45, an hour and fifteen minutes after the crying began, she heard the parents arrive, she did not see them, but she heard the patio doors open, she was quite worried as the crying had gone on for more than an hour and had gradually got worse.

When questioned, she said that she did not know the cause of the crying, perhaps a nightmare or another destabilising factor.
As soon as the parents entered the child stopped crying"

I would guess she assumed the parents were coming home because by the time she made her statement it was widely known that the children had been left alone every night.