Author Topic: Why do some people fail to come forward to help?  (Read 13028 times)

Offline John

Why do some people fail to come forward to help?
« on: March 26, 2014, 11:19:32 PM »
It has been reported in the MSM that five owners of apartments at the Ocean Club Resort in Praia da Luz have failed to come forward and cooperate with police.

The question is now being asked as to why would these people not want to assist in a missing child enquiry.

One has always to remember that there were Brits out there with much to hide for reasons other than are connected with Madeleine  McCann.  Undeclared income from rentals being one of them  8(0(*
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:07:56 PM by Mr Moderator »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

drummer

Re: Why do some people fail to come forward to help?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 08:39:37 PM »
It has been reported in the MSM that five owners of apartments at the Ocean Club Resort in Praia da Luz have failed to come forward and cooperate with police.

The question is now being asked as to why would these people not want to assist in a missing child enquiry.

One has always to remember that there were Brits out there with much to hide for reasons other than are connected with Madeleine  McCann.  Undeclared income from rentals being one of them  8(0(*

There are many reasons that people may be afraid to come forward now, John's example being one of them.  Extramarital affairs, people afraid because they know they should've come forward earlier etc. To be honest every new sighting or piece of info is rubbished automatically with the witness often being called a fantasist /liar etc.  I personally would come forward but I would imagine there are people who are reluctant. If I did come forward I wouldn't fancy any armchair detectives googling my name/address,  stalking my home etc. and my life dissected on forums.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:07:52 AM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 09:36:21 PM »
There are many reasons that people may be afraid to come forward now, John's example being one of them.  Extramarital affairs, people afraid because they know they should've come forward earlier etc. To be honest every new sighting or piece of info is rubbished automatically with the witness often being called a fantasist /liar etc.  I personally would come forward but I would imagine there are people who are reluctant. If I did come forward I wouldn't fancy any armchair detectives googling my name/address,  stalking my home etc. and my life dissected on forums.

Such reluctance is understandable when consideration is given to past events and makes the release of the highly confidential information contained in the PJ files into the public domain all the more bizarre and reprehensible.

The un-redacted files initially contained names and addresses, photographs of witnesses and witness statements made in confidence to the police. 

Just another ‘unique’ in the Madeleine McCann case and another paradox in the ‘secrecy’ laws of Portugal. 

Such a breach, would justifiably lead a potential witness to be very reluctant to come forward in the knowledge that his/her confidentiality might be compromised, and this is a situation which should never have been allowed to happen.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 11:29:56 PM »

8@??)(

Also the fear of the PJ would not help.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 12:10:47 AM »
8@??)(

Also the fear of the PJ would not help.

They could always turn themselves into Mrs Murat.   8(0(*
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 08:26:38 AM »

That's because all of the sightings, with one exception, have been a load of complete horse shit.

Unless of course you believe it is likely that Maddie has been doing a world tour since 2007.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/my-names-maddie-they-took-me-from-my-holiday-mccanns-fury-over-the-sightings-and-cctv-footage-police-kept-secret-6909318.html

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:34:38 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 08:32:25 AM »
That's because all of the sightings, with one exception, have been a load of complete horse shit.

Precisely.

SY are clutching at straws, so we can see a regular stream of nonsense coming from them.

Has it not occurred to other people these residents have already been investigated ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 08:34:52 AM »

Precisely.

SY are clutching at straws, so we can see a regular stream of nonsense coming from them.

Has it not occurred to other people these residents have already been investigated ?

So their details will be in the files

stephen25000

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 08:38:24 AM »
So their details will be in the files

That would seem logical as people in the apartments would have been interviewed at the time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 08:44:56 AM »
That would seem logical as people in the apartments would have been interviewed at the time.

So why cant SY get their names from the files...because they are not there... they haven't been interviewed

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 08:46:48 AM »
So why cant SY get their names from the files...because they are not there... they haven't been interviewed

Maybe their statements got lost, along with that note Kate left in reception.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 08:47:34 AM »
Maybe their statements got lost, along with that note Kate left in reception.

seems stephens got it wrong

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 08:48:42 AM »
seems stephens got it wrong

Seems the Mirror is chatting shit again.

Offline jassi

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 08:49:18 AM »
Perhaps the information wouldn't be generally  available if it were deemed at the time to be irrelevant
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 08:58:11 AM »

How would you know who they are davel ???