Author Topic: My email to Kerry Daynes  (Read 11123 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: My email to Kerry Daynes
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2020, 09:14:52 PM »
Link please

Page/chapter

Thank you in advance

I'm sorry I gave my copy to a friend.

Caroline and G-Unit have the book.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline APRIL

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2020, 09:30:17 PM »

June and Nevill must have felt tormented that they’d seemed children to love and raise, and whilst they must have been heartbroken that Sheila became unwell, what must have REALLY crucified them that Jeremy grew into a thieving, devious, nasty, disgraceful, disrespectful, cruel lying p*g. Of course they’d have taken that personally....he gave them hell.

June may have been domineering, aloof, distant — but she wasn’t evil, cruel or wicked.

You're waaay off, there, Spy. She may not have known how to be a mother, but June has a reputation for being unfailingly kind, gentle and shy, reserved, rather than aloof. But you're correct in that she wasn't evil, cruel, or wicked.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2020, 10:02:32 PM »
I'm sorry I gave my copy to a friend.

Caroline and G-Unit have the book.

Caroline, G-Unit,

Any chance of telling me which chapter/page what Holly claims above is on please? :)

Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2020, 10:05:59 PM »
You're waaay off, there, Spy. She may not have known how to be a mother, but June has a reputation for being unfailingly kind, gentle and shy, reserved, rather than aloof. But you're correct in that she wasn't evil, cruel, or wicked.

Actually, April...what I meant when I said “aloof” I was meaning “distant”

I possibly phrased it wrongly...
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline Myster

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2020, 05:18:28 AM »

Caroline, G-Unit,

Any chance of telling me which chapter/page what Holly claims above is on please? :)
CAL, from epub...

"But six years of marriage without pregnancy had a profound effect on June. Those closest to the couple were under the impression that the difficulty originally lay with Nevill; John Wilkin recalled the strain was such that June suffered a nervous breakdown in 1955. Following treatment at a private psychiatric hospital in London, she and Nevill lived with the Wilkins in Goldhanger for three months before returning to White House Farm."
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2020, 09:13:21 AM »
CAL, from epub...

"But six years of marriage without pregnancy had a profound effect on June. Those closest to the couple were under the impression that the difficulty originally lay with Nevill; John Wilkin recalled the strain was such that June suffered a nervous breakdown in 1955. Following treatment at a private psychiatric hospital in London, she and Nevill lived with the Wilkins in Goldhanger for three months before returning to White House Farm."

Ah, thank you, Myster!

I do have the book, actually, but a friend’s reading it at the mo...

Well that’s cleared that up...apologies to G-Unit and Holly. I don’t recall reading that, which is odd...I’d remember something like that normally

Whatever, June clearly had MH problems but not knowing what she was actually suffering from then, it’s hard to comment. In 1955 the world was a very different place, so someone who was, say, suffering anxiety or depression — and they had money — would go for hospital treatment via a Harley Street doctor rather than seeing their GP and exploring different treatments.

Sounds like she was depressed due to not conceiving, which is natural, I guess. But she definitely suffered bouts of depression throughout her life, it seems, maybe when things got too much for her...

A sure sign someone’s depressed is when they neglect their home, and though they had a housekeeper they can only do so much...going by the photos it looked like June was too depressed to care about it.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2020, 09:59:03 AM »

Ah, thank you, Myster!

I do have the book, actually, but a friend’s reading it at the mo...

Well that’s cleared that up...apologies to G-Unit and Holly. I don’t recall reading that, which is odd...I’d remember something like that normally

Whatever, June clearly had MH problems but not knowing what she was actually suffering from then, it’s hard to comment. In 1955 the world was a very different place, so someone who was, say, suffering anxiety or depression — and they had money — would go for hospital treatment via a Harley Street doctor rather than seeing their GP and exploring different treatments.

Sounds like she was depressed due to not conceiving, which is natural, I guess. But she definitely suffered bouts of depression throughout her life, it seems, maybe when things got too much for her...

A sure sign someone’s depressed is when they neglect their home, and though they had a housekeeper they can only do so much...going by the photos it looked like June was too depressed to care about it.

I believe Dr Ferguson attested that June had a breakdown bought on by her decision to adopt Sheila. I've always found this to be a strange explanation and not one which, for me, rings true. I concede that it may just be his phraseology. I can understand depression caused by her inability to conceive. I can understand depression caused by inability to bond with her adopted baby and I believe this to have been the more likely cause.

I'm curious as to why you believe "she definitely suffered bouts of depression throughout her life". She'd have been unable to accomplish her highly skilled war work had such been the case. It's possible that she suffered bouts of deep sadness which had causation, but that's very different from clinical depression, which requires no trigger, and it's FAR too sweeping a statement to claim the June neglected her home when the only picture we have is the kitchen which looks exactly like every other old farmhouse kitchen I've been in. We're given no idea what the rest of the house looks like so I believe it to be entirely inappropriate to claim that June was too depressed to care about it. Given how busy a person she was, it's MORE likely that, like I, she preferred to be involved with, and put her energy into, anything other than domesticity.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2020, 10:44:06 AM »

I believe Dr Ferguson attested that June had a breakdown bought on by her decision to adopt Sheila. I've always found this to be a strange explanation and not one which, for me, rings true. I concede that it may just be his phraseology. I can understand depression caused by her inability to conceive. I can understand depression caused by inability to bond with her adopted baby and I believe this to have been the more likely cause.

I'm curious as to why you believe "she definitely suffered bouts of depression throughout her life". She'd have been unable to accomplish her highly skilled war work had such been the case. It's possible that she suffered bouts of deep sadness which had causation, but that's very different from clinical depression, which requires no trigger, and it's FAR too sweeping a statement to claim the June neglected her home when the only picture we have is the kitchen which looks exactly like every other old farmhouse kitchen I've been in. We're given no idea what the rest of the house looks like so I believe it to be entirely inappropriate to claim that June was too depressed to care about it. Given how busy a person she was, it's MORE likely that, like I, she preferred to be involved with, and put her energy into, anything other than domesticity.

I think you may be right — Dr Ferguson saying June was depressed due to adopting Sheila does seem odd when she wanted a family so much. Maybe they took that sentence out of the notes, and there was more to it than that. I agree with you, I suspect she was at first excited and on a high knowing they were about to take Sheila, but maybe she didn’t anticipate it takes time to bond. Even biological mothers can suffer PN depression and take time to bond, but in June’s case it was possibly that she (wrongly) felt bad for not feeling motherly straight away — which she wouldn’t have. And babies are hard work. The disrupted sleeping, changing nappies, teething, crying...maybe she wondered what she’d done? It’s very sad for everyone.

I should have rephrased “June had hours of depression throughout her life” I was wrong. What I meant was, and should have said, was that June did have three breakdowns, and I don’t know if they were due to depression, but I’d guess they were along those lines as she wasn’t diagnosed with a MH illness as such. Maybe she had anxiety/depression...she had something that made her breakdown.

Again, you’re right about the house: I’ve only seen a few photos so have no idea what the rest was like. I based my opinion on some things I saw in the photos and somehow thought she just wasn’t the domesticated type, and there’s nothing wrong in that.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2020, 12:24:18 PM »
Due to the current activity levels on the board we need to maintain the following rule set out on the homepage:

* Posters are asked to keep to thread topics where possible

Going forward I will be removing all posts that are off topic.

Thanks.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?