Author Topic: The role of The British tour operators in the MM case.  (Read 25393 times)

stephen25000

Re: The role of The British tour operators in the MM case.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 10:05:04 AM »
That is only part of it Stephen.  Had the parents been forewarned that the complex had a history of break-ins then I have no doubt whatsoever that they would never have left the children alone or left their apartment unlocked.

I will have to disagree on that one Angelo.

The parents had a duty of care, and can you tell me anywhere in inhabited countries, holiday resorts or otherwise, where there is no risk of crime.

Remembering of course, the Mccanns locked the apartment during the daytime.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »
What we are specifically examining is whether the British tour operators deliberately suppressed incidences of child molestations and accidents prior to the McCann incident.  We are not considering the sensibility of leaving the apartment unlocked.  We are looking at facts of events that happened prior and whether they were divulged.
Were they reported to the police?  Did the police inform the British authorities? Did the British authorities inform travelers to that country?  So there is quite a few players but Kate seems to be blaming the tour operators, so that must mean the Police were not informed or the incidents were downplayed in someway. 
It is quite a tricky topic but it is one that should be able to be proven one way or the other.

Were there any cases of child molestations at OC?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 10:08:01 AM »
Certainly they suppressed details of previous incursions and burglaries, any business owner would do the same.
OK if you think that is a fair business practice, how much earlier could an event occur to allow John Hill still to be correct?
He has been employed by the Ocean Club since March 2006 and has no knowledge of any untoward situation involving Ocean Club users or in the village itself, other than some damage and minor thefts.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOHN_HILL.htm
is that within the last 5 minutes prior to Madeleine going missing or during the entire time "since March 2006".  Does the forum agree?
By village does he refer to Praia da Luz?   It still depends on his knowledge so I would need to prove an incident happened (other than some damage and minor thefts) that he had knowledge of in Praia da Luz sometime since March 2006.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:16:08 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 10:14:06 AM »
I will have to disagree on that one Angelo.

The parents had a duty of care, and can you tell me anywhere in inhabited countries, holiday resorts or otherwise, where there is no risk of crime.

Remembering of course, the Mccanns locked the apartment during the daytime.

How can you disagree?  Had the parents been warned they would have been on their guard instead of thinking they were holidaying in some crimefree utopian paradise.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 10:15:23 AM »
Were there any cases of child molestations at OC?
I don't know but I'm specifically looking at John Hill's definition of trouble.  Some situation worse than "some damage and minor thefts."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:18:45 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 10:17:24 AM »
OK if you think that is a fair business practice, how much earlier could an event occur to allow John Hill still to be telling the truth?http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOHN_HILL.htm
is that within the last 5 minutes prior to Madeleine going missing or during the entire time "since March 2006".  Does the forum agree?
By village does he refer to Praia da Luz?   It still depends on his knowledge so I would need to prove an incident happened (other than some damage and minor thefts) that he had knowledge of in Praia da Luz sometime since March 2006.

But that is all that has been reported, some minor break-ins and thefts.  To my knowledge there was no record of any assaults or sex attacks previously in the Luz area.  There was most certainly no child abductions in the immediate area.

Strange don't ya think when the Brit press has labelled PdL a paedophiles paradise?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:20:41 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 10:20:14 AM »
How can you disagree?  Had the parents been warned they would have been on their guard instead of thinking they were holidaying in some crimefree utopian paradise.

I find that a very naive approach.

Nowhere is 100% crime free.

I would not assume going abroad to a holiday resort would guarantee a crime free area.

So if the Mccanns thought the area safe, why did they lock their apartment during the day ?

Since with that point , your argument falls flat on it's face.

The Mccanns are to blame

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »
But that is all that has been reported, some minor break-ins and thefts.  To my knowledge there was no record of any assaults or sex attacks previously in the Luz area.  There was most certainly no child abductions in the immediate area.
How did you confirm this? 
Moderation

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 10:22:08 AM »

I would not assume going abroad to a holiday resort would guarantee a crime free area.

So if the Mccanns thought the area safe, why did they lock their apartment during the day ?

The Mccanns are to blame

So in your view Mark Warner did nothing wrong in suppressing knowledge of prior incursions?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 10:26:11 AM »

The Mccanns are to blame
Please this is not the point of this thread, we are considering whether there was any incident in PDL or more specifically involving the OC over the last year and in particular whether there was .any incident that could have an effect on the missing MM.  So that John Hill was correct when he stated:
- He wishes to add that he does not know of any motive that could have been the cause of the Madeleine's disappearance.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:17:16 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

stephen25000

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2016, 10:31:03 AM »
So in your view Mark Warner did nothing wrong in suppressing knowledge of prior incursions?

Are you excusing the Mccanns stupidity ???

stephen25000

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2016, 10:31:52 AM »
Please this is not the point of this thread, we are considering whether there was any incident in PDL or more specifically involving the OC over the last year and in particular whether there was .any incident that could have an effect on the missing MM.  So that John Hill was not lying when he stated:

You're clutching at straws.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2016, 10:32:42 AM »
Are you excusing the Mccanns stupidity ???
That issue is irrelevant to this issue in question.
Moderation

stephen25000

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »
That issue is irrelevant to this issue in question.

It has every relevance.

Can you provide any evidence that any other crime in the area was/is linked to the Mccann case.

That was a rhetorical question by the way.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2016, 10:37:21 AM »
You're clutching at straws.
the other sayings are the "the last straw" and "the straw that broke the camel's back".  This to me has the appearance of being a very important straw, one where I think in the end the tour operators may need to reimburse the UK government for all the expenses used in the MM case.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:45:10 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation