Author Topic: Would It Be Possible For Madeleine To Live A 'Normal' Life Elsewhere?  (Read 29658 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Would It Be Possible For Madeleine To Live A 'Normal' Life Elsewhere?
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2019, 08:21:47 AM »
She is the most famous missing child in the world. Don’t you think if she was abducted for a childless couple her life would be anything but normal as the couple would have been terrified from the beginning that she may be identified? Do you really think that any couple knowing of the circumstances surrounding how the child was obtained and the worldwide publicity that ensued would be prepared to accept that child ?

It seems from your post you are talking about an individual(s) procuring a child for a childless couple?  My thinking is that a childless couple actually carried out the abduction with a view to raising MM.  If I'm right then the couple could not possibly have envisaged the media circus that followed.  Had they have done they might have thought twice. 

What exactly did media coverage amount to outside UK?  A lot of people live in their own worlds and simply don't watch/read the news.  Even if I assume it was media saturation across Europe it only went on for so long until people turned off and became desensitised to all the 'sightings'.  By which time MM was developing fast and her physical appearance changing.   

If you Google 'Madeleine McCann images' I don't think you will find any with her hair up in a pony tail.  Even doing this would throw most people of the trail.   

https://www.google.com/search?q=madeleine+mccann+images&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi2z_eds7vjAhWHi1wKHe6eAx0Q_AUIECgB&biw=960&bih=536

And it would depend on the couples lifestyle.  If they were your typical Mr and Mrs Jones living in a community where they were known with regular 9 - 5 jobs, extended family and social circle then it's difficult to see how they could incorporate MM into their lives without keeping her hidden.  But maybe their lifestyle was more flexible and open and they were able to all fall under the radar. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2019, 08:50:15 AM »
That may be your experience but I would say it was a gross generalisation.

Opinion as fact... I'm sure there's lots of variation in the way adopted children feel... Not just the depressing picture you paint

I was adopted at 6 weeks of age during the so-called baby scoop era and in my personal experience and based on research the evidence suggests that most adult adoptees do want to find out about their biological backgrounds regardless of any other factors. 

If MM is still out there with her abductors then she will surely realise her abductors are not her biological parents?  MM descends from a long line of Celts which have a particular look in terms of skin tone, eye and hair colour.  Even if she suspected she might be MM she might take the view how could my parents have left me?  She might have formed strong bonds with her abductors.  If she has been well cared for her loyalties will lie with her abductors not her biological parents.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2019, 08:57:45 AM »
I was adopted at 6 weeks of age during the so-called baby scoop era and in my personal experience and based on research the evidence suggests that most adult adoptees do want to find out about their biological backgrounds regardless of any other factors. 

If MM is still out there with her abductors then she will surely realise her abductors are not her biological parents?  MM descends from a long line of Celts which have a particular look in terms of skin tone, eye and hair colour.  Even if she suspected she might be MM she might take the view how could my parents have left me?  She might have formed strong bonds with her abductors.  If she has been well cared for her loyalties will lie with her abductors not her biological parents.

I'm sure many adopted children want to find their biological parents I just don't think they all grow up feeling isolated as gunit suggested

Offline jassi

« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2019, 08:59:28 AM »

You seem to be making the assumption that her 'carers' will be of a markedly different ethnic make up, whereas they might be quite close in ethnicity.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2019, 09:01:42 AM »
I'm sure many adopted children want to find their biological parents I just don't think they all grow up feeling isolated as gunit suggested

Are you referring to closed or open adoptions?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #185 on: July 17, 2019, 09:04:40 AM »
Are you referring to closed or open adoptions?

Gunit didn't specify

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2019, 09:06:26 AM »
You seem to be making the assumption that her 'carers' will be of a markedly different ethnic make up, whereas they might be quite close in ethnicity.

No I believe any abductors in this situation are most likely Europeans.  But there are subtle differences that are observable. 

I believe MM had some sunburn on one of her arms?  Celts have very fair skin which burns easily in the sun this might not be the case with any abductors. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2019, 09:07:37 AM »
Gunit didn't specify

I was responding to your post Davel not G-Unit.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2019, 09:16:00 AM »
I was responding to your post Davel not G-Unit.

And I answered it. .you need go see my post in the,  context it was made... In reply to gunits

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2019, 09:21:10 AM »
And I answered it. .you need go see my post in the,  context it was made... In reply to gunits

We are all responsible for out own post content are we not?  You made some sweeping statements about adoption and I asked you what type of adoption arrangement you were referring to.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2019, 09:24:07 AM »
We are all responsible for out own post content are we not?  You made some sweeping statements about adoption and I asked you what type of adoption arrangement you were referring to.

See gunits post Re the sweeping statement.... Posts need to be seen in context... It was gunit who made the sweeping statement I merely commented on it

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2019, 10:01:41 AM »
See gunits post Re the sweeping statement.... Posts need to be seen in context... It was gunit who made the sweeping statement I merely commented on it

Are you saying you don't carry out your own research?  You just follow G-Unit?  I'm surprised you have polar opposite views on MM's case?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2019, 10:06:46 AM »
Are you saying you don't carry out your own research?  You just follow G-Unit?  I'm surprised you have polar opposite views on MM's case?

I think this is developing into a silly spat and is best left... I merely commented on gunits post....anyone who has, read the forum would know I've done a lot of research into what I consider to be the important points in the case ...many of the recent threads are totally pointless imo

Offline Lace

« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2019, 10:31:05 AM »
She is the most famous missing child in the world. Don’t you think if she was abducted for a childless couple her life would be anything but normal as the couple would have been terrified from the beginning that she may be identified? Do you really think that any couple knowing of the circumstances surrounding how the child was obtained and the worldwide publicity that ensued would be prepared to accept that child ?

If the family recognised her as being Madeleine McCann  then yes,  they would be terrified to keep her and would have probably have given her up.    If the family were in on the abduction,  then no they wouldn't give her up with all the publicity surrounding Madeleine,  they would change her appearance and hide her,  most likely for years.   The McCann's said you would have to get very close to Madeleine to see the mark in her eye,   if they dyed Madeleine's hair and cut it short it would change her description drastically.   Some people look at photo's that are Madeleine and note how different she looks in those photo's if her hair is different.   Years can change the development of the child's face too making it difficult to identify her.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2019, 10:42:16 AM »
I think this is developing into a silly spat and is best left... I merely commented on gunits post....anyone who has, read the forum would know I've done a lot of research into what I consider to be the important points in the case ...many of the recent threads are totally pointless imo

Don't visit them then.

Once I discovered how meaningless the dog alerts were I ceased contributing to the threads.