Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1490502 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #5895 on: July 24, 2019, 09:10:11 PM »
Ooh, where's everyone gone all of a sudden  ?

9pm Wednesday 24th
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5896 on: July 24, 2019, 09:12:52 PM »

9pm Wednesday 24th

Cooking for doggie, cooking for us.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5897 on: July 24, 2019, 09:16:49 PM »
Cooking for doggie, cooking for us.
does he eat the same food as you?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5898 on: July 24, 2019, 09:23:37 PM »
does he eat the same food as you?

Yes and no.  I'm cooking one meal which will go in his kibble.  I'm cooking a second meal of curry for us.  Mr doggie does not get fed curry.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5899 on: July 24, 2019, 09:32:13 PM »
Yes and no.  I'm cooking one meal which will go in his kibble.  I'm cooking a second meal of curry for us.  Mr doggie does not get fed curry.
I seldom eat curry, so why don't you feed it to your dog?  Is it supposed to be bad for them and the vet doesn't know! 
"Dogs actually cannot eat several types of veggies too. Do not give your dog anything with leeks, garlic, onions, scallions or mushrooms. Garlic and onions can cause toxic anemia in dogs. Mushrooms can affect many systems in the dog's body and even be fatal. Since all these veggies can be harmful to canines, don't let them eat the stuffings or casseroles since both dishes typically contain one or more of the aforementioned veggies."

Toxic anaemia - what who feeds their dog just on raw onions?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 09:38:43 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5900 on: July 24, 2019, 09:49:29 PM »
I seldom eat curry, so why don't you feed it to your dog?  Is it supposed to be bad for them and the vet doesn't know! 
"Dogs actually cannot eat several types of veggies too. Do not give your dog anything with leeks, garlic, onions, scallions or mushrooms. Garlic and onions can cause toxic anemia in dogs. Mushrooms can affect many systems in the dog's body and even be fatal. Since all these veggies can be harmful to canines, don't let them eat the stuffings or casseroles since both dishes typically contain one or more of the aforementioned veggies."

Toxic anaemia - what who feeds their dog just on raw onions?

The dog gets fed on a 'pure' diet.  No processed meat.  No salt or pepper.  No garlic or chilli.  He eats most things that are put down in his feed bowl.

He likes most fruit, but he is not keen on strawberries.
What's up, old man?

Offline barrier

« Reply #5901 on: July 24, 2019, 09:53:31 PM »

9pm Wednesday 24th

I went out to feed a Hedgehog,also watching bats emerge from next doors roof.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5902 on: July 25, 2019, 08:09:48 AM »
In reply to misty's earlier question re the murder of Luis Grilo, triathlete, here's the relevant section in Portuguese.

"Para a defesa de António Joaquim a prova é inequívoca e não deixa dúvidas. Se aquela não é a arma do crime não há mais nada que justifique a prisão preventiva.

Rosa Grilo continua a garantir que o amante nada sabia, enquanto a polícia judiciária também não recolheu provas que o coloquem no local do crime.

Falta explicar o ADN no cano da arma, mas a defesa do funcionário judicial admite que tenha sido contaminação da cadeia de provas."

And here's the relevant section in Googlish.

"For António Joaquim's defense the evidence is unambiguous and leaves no doubt. If that is not the weapon of crime there is nothing else to justify pre-trial detention.

Rosa Cricket continues to assure that her lover knew nothing, while the judicial police also did not gather evidence to put him at the scene of the crime.

The DNA in the gun barrel remains to be explained, but the defense official admits it was contamination of the evidence chain."
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5903 on: July 25, 2019, 08:46:59 AM »
Very briefly, triathlete Luis Grilo was married to his wife, Rosa Grilo.  All appeared well externally, but his wife had a lover.

Luis was shot in the head and eventually found some distance away from home.

Rosa at first reported Luis was missing after a training run on his bicycle.  This morphed into 3 men from Angola (a former Portuguese colony) had killed him.  There was a convoluted story about going near to the body dump site to explain phone signals.

Googlish has very clear limitations.  The word grilo means cricket, squeak or hang-up, but with a capital on it, it should have been translated as Grilo.

The word 'no' in Portuguese can mean 'in the' or 'on the', and there is no way to tell which.  In the barrel? On the barrel?

For those who think there is only one level of arguidodom, think again.  The boyfriend is seeking release from preventative prison.  That was never slapped on the McCanns.
What's up, old man?

Offline barrier

« Reply #5904 on: July 25, 2019, 08:51:21 AM »
Very briefly, triathlete Luis Grilo was married to his wife, Rosa Grilo.  All appeared well externally, but his wife had a lover.

Luis was shot in the head and eventually found some distance away from home.

Rosa at first reported Luis was missing after a training run on his bicycle.  This morphed into 3 men from Angola (a former Portuguese colony) had killed him.  There was a convoluted story about going near to the body dump site to explain phone signals.

Googlish has very clear limitations.  The word grilo means cricket, squeak or hang-up, but with a capital on it, it should have been translated as Grilo.

The word 'no' in Portuguese can mean 'in the' or 'on the', and there is no way to tell which.  In the barrel? On the barrel?

For those who think there is only one level of arguidodom, think again.  The boyfriend is seeking release from preventative prison.  That was never slapped on the McCanns.

So held in custody awaiting trial arguido?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5905 on: July 25, 2019, 09:21:59 AM »
So held in custody awaiting trial arguido?

Yes.

AFAIK, the lowest level is the one applied to the McCanns.  Free to leave the country, though I reckon they had to inform the PJ of this.

Next up is electronic tagging.  A nice ankle bracelet.

Then there is house arrest.  I have no idea how restrictive this might be in terms of communication.  Seems stupid to detain someone at home if visitors can come and go, and if the detainee has access to phones or Internet.

Top level is preventative prison, where one gets a nice orange jump suit.  I think it is the choice if the arguido might offend again, or flee the country.

The McCanns got the lowest level there is.
What's up, old man?

Offline jassi

« Reply #5906 on: July 25, 2019, 09:29:59 AM »
Yes.

AFAIK, the lowest level is the one applied to the McCanns.  Free to leave the country, though I reckon they had to inform the PJ of this.

Next up is electronic tagging.  A nice ankle bracelet.

Then there is house arrest.  I have no idea how restrictive this might be in terms of communication.  Seems stupid to detain someone at home if visitors can come and go, and if the detainee has access to phones or Internet.

Top level is preventative prison, where one gets a nice orange jump suit.  I think it is the choice if the arguido might offend again, or flee the country.

The McCanns got the lowest level there is.

Are you sure they didn't do a wrist version, in tasteful yellow and green ?   8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #5907 on: July 25, 2019, 10:22:22 AM »
Are you sure they didn't do a wrist version, in tasteful yellow and green ?   8(0(*

Ouch!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5908 on: July 25, 2019, 10:31:04 AM »

Oddly enough, wristbands were in evidence at the 10th anniversary memorial service at St Vincent's in Luz. But I only remember yellow.
What's up, old man?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5909 on: July 25, 2019, 10:41:38 AM »
Oddly enough, wristbands were in evidence at the 10th anniversary memorial service at St Vincent's in Luz. But I only remember yellow.

I recall my last trip to Portugal we stayed in Vilamoura just chilling but did some nice coastal walks on the cliffs and booked a trip to St Vincent's but missed the *coach  8)><(  For some reason I really wanted to visit that place.  I think I had a fascination with it as its the most southwesternmost point of mainland Europe.  Is it worth a trip?

= a sad tourist on a coach trip  8(8-))
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?