Author Topic: McCanns application to have Supreme Court judgement annulled dismissed.  (Read 38502 times)

Offline carlymichelle

Re: McCanns application to have Supreme Court judgement annulled dismissed.
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2017, 07:37:23 AM »
Well there still appears to be no sign of what happened yesterday in the MSM.

I wonder why, as they reported the Supreme Court Decision rather quickly.

our australian  media are making up for that   @)(++(*

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2017, 08:31:59 AM »
 *&*%£ *&*%£
I wonder if they will go to the European Court (European Court of Human Rights, ECHR)?

They would be very foolish to do so. The case is littered with references to human rights laws and judgements. They are taken into account throughout.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2017, 08:34:38 AM »
*&*%£ *&*%£
They would be very foolish to do so. The case is littered with references to human rights laws and judgements. They are taken into account throughout.

Also, the success rate for UK cases is abysmal, and any potential compensation minimal.

Do the McCann's seriously imagine they can take the State of Portugal to court and win ?

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2017, 08:38:23 AM »
Also, the success rate for UK cases is abysmal, and any potential compensation minimal.

Do the McCann's seriously imagine they can take the State of Portugal to court and win ?

its awesome our aus media  ??   fora long time they were pro mcann
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:06:55 AM by Brietta »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2017, 09:01:06 AM »
*&*%£ *&*%£

Indeed so ... and the European Laws on defamation enshrined in the Portuguese Republic's Constitution have been totally disregarded by the Portuguese courts.

What price democracy?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:09:24 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2017, 09:17:49 AM »
Indeed so ... and the European Laws on defamation enshrined in the Portuguese Republic's Constitution have been totally disregarded by the Portuguese courts.

What price democracy?

Time to get a grip Brietta and accept the decision.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:09:46 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2017, 09:20:21 AM »

What price democracy?

Two blatant injustices that we know of.  There must be many more.

The judges reached their decisions with references to human rights laws and judgements throughout. Please explain just how you think the judges disregarded the defamation laws. Otherwise you are making unsupported allegations.

Do you really expect judges to reach their decisions by scrutinising the characters of the parties involved and finding for the most 'deserving'? That suggests a grave lack of understanding of how Judicial systems work. I thought each case was judged according to the evidence presented in that case only.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:10:04 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2017, 09:47:36 AM »

they never  will   also amaral  has talked about  counter  sueing the mcanns i hope he does
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:10:26 PM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »
they never  will   also amaral  has talked about  counter  sueing the mcanns i hope he does
He will look low if he does.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Benice

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2017, 09:54:58 AM »

What price democracy?

Apparently there has never been a 'miscarriage of justice' case in Portugal.   Every single person in prison is guilty.

The first time a prog equivalent to our 'Rough Justice' prog is aired in Portugal - will be a great day for the Portuguese people as it will denote a giant step forward in support of real justice.          Unfortunately judging by the snails-pace speed anything 'judicial' appears to move in Portugal - that day will be a very long time coming.
AIMHO
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:11:05 PM by John »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2017, 09:55:07 AM »

To what decision of the Portuguese courts do you refer?

The one recognising torture and punishing the victim?

Or the one recognising the right to honour enjoyed by a dishonourable ex-policeman at the expense of the right to honour of the victims traduced by him?

In Portugal it seems the scales of justice seem to be a little out of kilter with the European Laws they signed up to without the slightest pretence of compliance.
This is a modern democracy? ... I rather think not.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:11:30 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2017, 09:59:34 AM »
To what decision of the Portuguese courts do you refer?

The one recognising torture and punishing the victim?

Or the one recognising the right to honour enjoyed by a dishonourable ex-policeman at the expense of the right to honour of the victims traduced by him?

In Portugal it seems the scales of justice seem to be a little out of kilter with the European Laws they signed up to without the slightest pretence of compliance.
This is a modern democracy? ... I rather think not.

Perhaps you could try a more original approach than supporting Correia.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:07:30 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2017, 10:00:55 AM »
The judges reached their decisions with references to human rights laws and judgements throughout. Please explain just how you think the judges disregarded the defamation laws. Otherwise you are making unsupported allegations.

Do you really expect judges to reach their decisions by scrutinising the characters of the parties involved and finding for the most 'deserving'? That suggests a grave lack of understanding of how Judicial systems work. I thought each case was judged according to the evidence presented in that case only.

I expect judges to make their rulings according to the law of the land and without bias.  If you are content that applies to the Portuguese appeal court judges that is your privilege.
My right to freedom of speech regarding what I believe an obvious miscarriage of justice is my privilege.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2017, 10:04:36 AM »
He will look low if he does.

From what I have read I believe to do so would involve him raising an action in Britain and arguing his case under British Law.

I rather doubt that would be a wise move on his part.

Offline Benice

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2017, 10:26:28 AM »

I haven't followed the ins and outs of this like you have G - but I have to say that:-

I would not expect Judges to promote virtually as an established fact that  'insufficient evidence' always means that other evidence is definitely around to be found - and completely ignore the possibility that the reason 'insuffiicient evidence' was collected was simply because no other evidence existed to be found in the first place.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal