Author Topic: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?  (Read 23122 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »
there were 4 police stations closer to both jb and neviile .than the one they both chose to phone.i dont know what the odds of that happening are

I very much doubt NB called EP. 

NB was a magistrate and would have much greater knowledge of police operations in Essex than Joe Average.  He may well have mentioned things in passing to JB therefore JB may well have been aware that local stations were closed to the public at circa 3am.

During 2013 I visited the area.  On the Fri night we arrived in Maldon about 9pm and by accident happened to park outside the police station.  It was obvious then the place was closed to the public.  It's situated bang in the town centre on a little island so to speak with a busy pub opposite which JB may well have frequented.   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 07:54:37 PM »
Oh well I wouldn't have known that would JB?  I would think 999 was all guns blazing and a call to the local cops would be nothing more than a drive-by akin to an officer from Heartbeat on his bike.  The following from Surrey police states its down to the discretion of the driver whether they dispaly emergency signals or not. 

http://www.surrey.police.uk/foi-disclosure-logs/police-car-responding-to-an-emergency-call/

Do you have AE's WS where she states JB feared he would be shot at TOO if he turned up at WHF?

It doesn't need to be all guns blazing at those hours, who would they be waring? It certainly wouldn't be a good idea to spook someone in a seige situation. People have asked why the police didn't go straight in, the answer is because that's not policy in those situations.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1053.msg30060#msg30060 - page 27

Offline rotti

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 07:57:06 PM »
I very much doubt NB called EP. 

NB was a magistrate and would have much greater knowledge of police operations in Essex than Joe Average.  He may well have mentioned things in passing to JB therefore JB may well have been aware that local stations were closed to the public at circa 3am.

During 2013 I visited the area.  On the Fri night we arrived in Maldon about 9pm and by accident happened to park outside the police station.  It was obvious then the place was closed to the public.  It's situated bang in the town centre on a little island so to speak with a busy pub opposite which JB may well have frequented.
in the closed stations would they leave someone there to answer the phone.holly are saying they both picked the same station because they knew the closer station would have been shut

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 08:19:04 PM »
It doesn't need to be all guns blazing at those hours, who would they be waring? It certainly wouldn't be a good idea to spook someone in a seige situation. People have asked why the police didn't go straight in, the answer is because that's not policy in those situations.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1053.msg30060#msg30060 - page 27

I just think 999 conjures up an emergency and calling the local station seems more low key but that's just my perception. 

The other day I was on a fairly busy road en route to get my car washed when I swerved to miss a spade bang in the middle of the single carriage way I was travelling on.  I thought when I get to car wash I will phone police.  I was thinking I would have to find number first then toyed with the idea of calling 999 and then back to looking up local station.  Anyway car wash was too busy so headed back towards gym which took me along the same road.  Spade gone so I didn't have to bother about calling anyone.  That's a true story.

AE said JB didn't go to WHF because he might be shot at too!  Think he must be guilty.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 08:29:29 PM »
in the closed stations would they leave someone there to answer the phone.holly are saying they both picked the same station because they knew the closer station would have been shut

I dont think there's any evidence JB or NB phoned Witham? 

JB phoned Chelmsford and they put a call out to a patrol car in the area. 

Chelmsford were able to make contact with Witham via a radio link not accessible to public.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 08:39:24 PM »
I just think 999 conjures up an emergency and calling the local station seems more low key but that's just my perception. 

The other day I was on a fairly busy road en route to get my car washed when I swerved to miss a spade bang in the middle of the single carriage way I was travelling on.  I thought when I get to car wash I will phone police.  I was thinking I would have to find number first then toyed with the idea of calling 999 and then back to looking up local station.  Anyway car wash was too busy so headed back towards gym which took me along the same road.  Spade gone so I didn't have to bother about calling anyone.  That's a true story.

AE said JB didn't go to WHF because he might be shot at too!  Think he must be guilty.

It is more low key and can understand your reluctance to call in your spade scenario - however, crazy with a gun isn't a spade scenarios.

He is guilty.

Offline rotti

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2016, 08:44:40 PM »
It is more low key and can understand your reluctance to call in your spade scenario - however, crazy with a gun isn't a spade scenarios.

He is guilty.
oh i agree caroline

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2016, 08:47:46 PM »

He is guilty.

Both scenarios had the potential to cause injury and fatalities ie "Sheilas gone crazy shes got the gun" and the spade in the middle of the road.

I think the case is far more complex than arriving at conclusions based on the tel calls unless I've missed something.

Offline rotti

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2016, 08:53:39 PM »
Both scenarios had the potential to cause injury and fatalities ie "Sheilas gone crazy shes got the gun" and the spade in the middle of the road.

I think the case is far more complex than arriving at conclusions based on the tel calls unless I've missed something.
i think you can say alot by the calls .if nb did not call jb than that only leaves jb as the killer

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2016, 08:57:05 PM »
i think you can say alot by the calls .if nb did not call jb than that only leaves jb as the killer

Yes I agree if it could be proved NB didn't call JB then its game over for JB but we can't prove one way or the other so we have to move on if we want to uncover the truth. 

Offline rotti

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 09:22:45 PM »
Yes I agree if it could be proved NB didn't call JB then its game over for JB but we can't prove one way or the other so we have to move on if we want to uncover the truth.
yes thats true

david1819

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2016, 02:36:03 AM »
Does anyone have any idea why JB called his local police station rather than 999? It seems a bizarre thing to do. If he had received a call from Neville and thought there was a genuine emergency he would have called 999. If he was half asleep/was wondering if it was a dream/was confused as to what had been said he would have driven to the farm to see what was happening. I can't understand why he would have called the local station. Any thoughts?

Although 999 was first introduced in 1937, It was only in operation with a 10 mile radius from central London. Then it was adopted in other major cities. It was not until 1976 it became nationwide including rural areas. So its very possible that June and Neville were accustom to the idea of calling the local police like you call anyone else. and didn't like things changing, and their children followed their advice on it.

Offline adam

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2016, 03:09:06 AM »
Why Bamber would dial 999

He knew the number.

He had the phone in his hand.

He instantly tried to call Neville back but didn't get through. So believed it was something serious.

He didn't know the numbers of any individual police station.

He knew a 999 call is answered straight away.

He knew a 999 call is manned 24/7 and always answered.

He knew a 999 call would deal with his query correctly.

He didn't know which individual police stations would be open.

He did not know which individual police stations would answer straight away.

He decided the situation was serious enough to contact the police. So dialling 999 is the obvious thing to do.

Bamber himself said ringing an individual police station 'would make no difference' to how quickly the police arrived. So there is no advantage in dialling an individual police station. Only a big disadvantage,  in having to waste a lot of time looking up a number in the Yellow pages. Twice.

A 999 call would direct the call to the correct station straight away.

He said he phoned Witham police station but got no answer. So would then dial 999, rather than waste more time looking for another number that may not answer.

Dialling 999 would be an instant reaction after getting Neville's call.

He wanted things resolved quickly as he tried to call back Neville after the phone went dead. Being unsuccessful doing this, and with the phone in his hand, he will then do the next best thing. Which was to dial 999.

He did not know if an individual police station would have the correct staff available to assist him.

He was half asleep, so would not be analysing things too much. The action which required the least effort and thinking about was ringing the 999.

He wouldn't know if the Yellow pages would have correct numbers.

Everyone is taught from a young age to dial 999. In an emergency.

No one is taught from a young age to look for police stations numbers in an emergency.

Bamber said he spoke to Julie after the police. So cannot claim Julie advised him to phone a police station directly.

Neville had rang him and said 'come quickly'. If Bamber was not going to go there straight away, he would want to meet the police quickly.

There were no examples of famous real life or fictional crimes  which had someone dialling an individual police station.

A combination of some or all of the above.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:09:00 AM by adam »

Offline adam

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2016, 04:08:49 AM »
Bamber told two policemen at WHF that he had phoned Witham but got no response.

Bamber then phoned Chelmsford police who phoned Witham and got a response straight away.

Bamber then testified he didn't phone Witham.

More strange goings on.

david1819

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2016, 05:34:10 AM »

Why Bamber would dial 999

He knew the number.

He had the phone in his hand.

He instantly tried to call Neville back but didn't get through. So believed it was something serious.

He didn't know the numbers of any individual police station.

He knew a 999 call is answered straight away.

He knew a 999 call is manned 24/7 and always answered.

He knew a 999 call would deal with his query correctly.

He didn't know which individual police stations would be open.

He did not know which individual police stations would answer straight away.

He decided the situation was serious enough to contact the police. So dialling 999 is the obvious thing to do.

Bamber himself said ringing an individual police station 'would make no difference' to how quickly the police arrived. So there is no advantage in dialling in dialling an individual police station. Only a big disadvantage,  in having to waste a lot of time looking up numbers in the Yellow pages.

A 999 call would direct the call to the correct station straight away.

He said he phoned Witham police station but got no answer. So would then dial 999, rather than waste more time looking for another number that may not answer.

Dialling 999 would be an instant reaction after getting Neville's call.

He wanted things resolved quickly as he tried to call back Neville after the phone went dead. Being unsuccessful doing this, and with the phone in his hand, he will then do the next best thing. Which was to dial 999.

He did not know if an individual police station would have the correct staff available to assist him.

He was half asleep, so would not be analysing things too much. The action which required the least effort was ringing the 999.

He wouldn't know if the Yellow pages would have correct numbers.

Everyone is taught from a young age to dial 999. In an emergency.

No one is taught from a young age to look for police stations numbers in an emergency.

Bamber said he spoke to Julie after the police. So cannot claim Julie advised him to phone a police station directly.

Neville had rang him and said 'come quickly'. If Bamber was not going to go there straight away, he would want to meet the police quickly.

There were no examples of famous real life or fictional crimes  which had someone dialling an individual police station.

A combination of the above.

Ah, I see. How dare I find a reasonable explanation for Jeremy's seemingly odd decisions to which the guilters grasp their straws at. Bury it with a list of made up nonsense