Off Topic and General Discussions > A Compendium of High Profile Murder Cases

English Serial Killers

<< < (2/3) > >>

Outlook:

--- Quote from: Rachel Granada on August 10, 2013, 10:44:49 PM ---Hi Dhingra, also the Jack the Stripper murders in London in the 1960s are not mentioned.

--- End quote ---

Jack the stripper was thought to have been (among others)  Harold Jones who killed at least two children, possibly  three in Wales in 1930's 40's.

Have we got Bible John as well?

Then there is the revolting Peter Tobin.

Rachel Granada:

--- Quote from: Outlook on August 10, 2013, 10:51:35 PM ---Jack the stripper was thought to have been (among others)  Harold Jones who killed at least two children, possibly  three in Wales in 1930's 40's.

Have we got Bible John as well?

Then there is the revolting Peter Tobin.

--- End quote ---

HI Outlook, I hadn't heard about Harold Jones... I'd heard that the police suspected it could have been a security guard who took his own life and to spare his family nothing public was ever said?

Yes, there is Bible John as well .... and Tobin.

Outlook:

--- Quote from: Rachel Granada on August 11, 2013, 08:01:30 AM ---HI Outlook, I hadn't heard about Harold Jones... I'd heard that the police suspected it could have been a security guard who took his own life and to spare his family nothing public was ever said?

Yes, there is Bible John as well .... and Tobin.

--- End quote ---
The very evil Harold Jones was suspected to be in the same area as Jack the Stripper and was considered as an alternative to the security guard.  He was imprisoned for two child murders and was suspected of a third several years later but this was long before the Jack the Stripper killings.

As for the revolting Tobin, he was also considered as a possible "Bible John" he had many of the traits and he was also in the area when Annie Börjesson was killed.

We also should consider John Cannan who was only tried for Shirley Banks but is primary suspect for several other killings including Suzy Lamplugh.

Rachel Granada:

--- Quote from: Outlook on August 11, 2013, 03:51:44 PM ---The very evil Harold Jones was suspected to be in the same area as Jack the Stripper and was considered as an alternative to the security guard.  He was imprisoned for two child murders and was suspected of a third several year later.

As for the revolting Tobin, he was also considered as a possible "Bible John" he had many of the traits and he was also in the area when Annie Börjesson was killed.

We also should consider John Cannan who was only tried for Shirley Banks but is primary suspect for several other killings including Suzy Lamplugh.

--- End quote ---

Hi Outlook, yes I had read that Tobin had been considered by the police in the Bible John murders.

I have read the "Ladykiller" book by Berry-Dee and Odell back in the 90s and I would say, IMO, that Cannan is a strong candidate for the Suzy Lamplugh murder.  Hopefully , Cannan will never get out. 

sadie:

--- Quote from: Outlook on August 11, 2013, 03:51:44 PM ---

--- End quote ---

My daughter, a vivacious and pretty girl, and uni student at Bristol, was lucky to miss John Cannon.  Cos he used the same pub near Clifton Suspension Bridge during the same period ... and they had a common background in some ways.

He lived in Sutton Coldfield and my daughter with her friends at home, used to visit pubs and party over there.  Same sort of age group.  Quite a good looking guy.  Had she met him at that Bristol pub, with things in common to talk about, would there have been a fatal attraction?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version