Author Topic: A child abducted yet nobody thought to phone the police immediately?  (Read 67093 times)

Offline sadie

Re: A child abducted yet nobody thought to phone the police immediately?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 10:04:38 AM »
Oh come on really. The father can take a heart out of someones chest and repair it, yet he doesnt know that in any European country you just dial 112 for emergency services. Its not like they havent been on holiday before.

Didnt the late Mrs Fenn offer to ring the police?

ITS our responsibility, to make sure we know how to deal with emergencys whilst on holiday, BEFORE we leave.
You are wrong Colom.

My hubby is chartered and extraordiarily clever.  I am a qualified engineer and  qualified teacher at secondary level... so we are not dull.

We are extensively travelled.   Yet neither of us knew that 112 was the emergency number.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 11:33:21 AM »
FGS They were in a holiday complex, their child was abducted - do they waste time running  around in the hopes of findings some Portuguese person who can speak English and who knows the Emergency number, or do they go straight to Reception where they already KNOW an English speaking person will be immediately available? They did what any normal person in those particular circumstances would do IMO. 

If the McCanns had wanted to conceal their child's dead body - they would NOT have done it this way.   They would have waited until the dead of the night when they could take their time and did NOT have to rely on or involve anyone else - let alone 7 other people who all had to learn their lines and remember all the details of not only the  parts -  they had agreed to play, but also what everyone else had  agreed to do -  as part of this alleged massive cover up plan.
The English fluent person they knew, Joaquim, wasn't at the reception but close by at the Tapas bar.
You don't seem to be aware of the state of a body after 10 hours.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 11:58:53 AM »
This is a subject which I find very revealing and one which I am surprised hasn't been explored more.  Every seasoned traveller knows the European emergency number but that aside there is no excuse. Every police car has it emblazoned on it and every hotel and apartment group are obliged to have it displayed in their premises.  Obviously Sadie has never been to a Portuguese hotel.

Sending Matt to seek help way down at Main Reception is puzzling but to send him twice was sheer idiocy. All that time wasted, you would think they were playing for time wouldn't you.

The first call received by police nearly an hour after Madeleine was found to be missing certainly defies belief.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:09:25 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Benice

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 12:15:34 PM »
The English fluent person they knew, Joaquim, wasn't at the reception but close by at the Tapas bar.
You don't seem to be aware of the state of a body after 10 hours.

So you think they would have said 'lets go and find Joaquim and explain to him what has happened and get him to ring the police''.  What if he wasnt around at that time?      Or would they automatically think that Reception was the place to go because they knew it was staffed with English speaking people?   

Apols if I'm wrong but wasn't it you who said it would only take 3/4 mins for someone carrying a body to get from the complex to the place where Smithman was seen?    So we must be talking far less time than that to run to Reception without being encumbered by the extra weight of a body.   

Two doctors would know all about the changing states of dead bodies.

But what would it matter when apparently they knew a place to leave it where the biggest search ever conducted in the history of Portugal could not find it - not even the locals.    And the state of the body was apparently not a problem when in the full glare of the worlds media  - they removed it 3 weeks later to yet another unfindable place.

The whole concept that they would dispose of their childs body is nonsensical IMO-  and even more so the idea that they chose the most complicated cover-up plan ever devised  - when there was absolutely no need to - unless of course they were ALL complete idiots who didn't have a working braincell amongst them. 

None of them remotely fits that description as far as I know.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

AnneGuedes

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 12:30:55 PM »

So you think they would have said 'lets go and find Joaquim and explain to him what has happened and get him to ring the police''.  What if he wasnt around at that time?      Or would they automatically think that Reception was the place to go because they knew it was staffed with English speaking people?   

Apols if I'm wrong but wasn't it you who said it would only take 3/4 mins for someone carrying a body to get from the complex to the place where Smithman was seen?    So we must be talking far less time than that to run to Reception without being encumbered by the extra weight of a body.   

Two doctors would know all about the changing states of dead bodies.

But what would it matter when apparently they knew a place to leave it where the biggest search ever conducted in the history of Portugal could not find it - not even the locals.    And the state of the body was apparently not a problem when in the full glare of the worlds media  - they removed it 3 weeks later to yet another unfindable place.

The whole concept that they would dispose of their childs body is nonsensical IMO-  and even more so the idea that they chose the most complicated cover-up plan ever devised  - when there was absolutely no need to - unless of course they were ALL complete idiots who didn't have a working braincell amongst them. 

None of them remotely fits that description as far as I know.
No, Benice, I don't think that. Sticking to their theory, there was a huge emergency and doctors are trained to deal with that, as Mr McCann reminded. There was no lack of cell phones and the British emergency nb would have directed to the 112, had every one of them ignored that one.
I never said the body was removed twice or thrice (absurd), but that imo it was removed for good in the hours that followed the disappearance. That's imo why it wasn't found.

Offline John

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 12:39:58 PM »
Here is one of the police cars which apparently Sadie never noticed in Portugal.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 01:44:57 PM »
Ahhh so their actions re phoning the police are yet ANOTHER part of this cunning plan which is now so massive and complicated  it would have required  more planning than Montgomery's Desert Campaign.      FGS They were in a holiday complex, their child was abducted - do they waste time running  around in the hopes of findings some Portuguese person who can speak English and who knows the Emergency number, or do they go straight to Reception where they already KNOW an English speaking person will be immediately available?  They did what any normal person in those particular circumstances would do IMO. 

If the McCanns had wanted to conceal their child's dead body - they would NOT have done it this way.   They would have waited until the dead of the night when they could take their time and did NOT have to rely on or involve anyone else - let alone 7 other people who all had to learn their lines and remember all the details of not only the  parts -  they had agreed to play, but also what everyone else had  agreed to do -  as part of this alleged massive cover up plan.   

Too daft for words IMO when there were much easier and safer alternatives open to them.   They were NOT simpletons.

'FGS They were in a holiday complex, their child was abducted'

Another one claiming abduction as fact,  So to be fair ...

'FGS They were in a holiday complex, their child was dead & Gerry stuck her corpse in a big dumpster type bin.'

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 02:28:29 PM »
deleted, off topic.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:30:13 PM by AnneGuedes »

Offline Benice

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 03:25:45 PM »
'FGS They were in a holiday complex, their child was abducted'

Another one claiming abduction as fact,  So to be fair ...

'FGS They were in a holiday complex, their child was dead & Gerry stuck her corpse in a big dumpster type bin.'

Well I can agree with your findings or I can agree with SY's findings.   They are investigating a case of stranger abduction and have ruled out the parents and friends as suspects.      They know the reasons why they have categorically ruled out those people - we do not.   

They have all the available information/evidence - we do not.

They have the means and the ability to look deeply into aspects of the case if clarification is required.   We do not.

They are 38 trained professionals working on this one case.  We are not.

Unsurprisingly therefore, I will go with the experts rather than with those members of the general public who only know some of the facts  - but who, for some inexplicable reason,  think they know more about this case  than the SY team.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

AnneGuedes

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »
They are investigating a case of stranger abduction and have ruled out the parents and friends as suspects.      They know the reasons why they have categorically ruled out those people - we do not.   
That's correct, but we know why.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 03:48:17 PM »
Well I can agree with your findings or I can agree with SY's findings.   They are investigating a case of stranger abduction and have ruled out the parents and friends as suspects.      They know the reasons why they have categorically ruled out those people - we do not.   

They have the means and the ability to look deeply into aspects of the case if clarification is required.   We do not.

Unsurprisingly therefore, I will go with the experts rather than with those members of the general public who only know some of the facts  - but who, for some inexplicable reason,  think they know more about this case  than the SY team.

No, you would just agree with the McCanns, whatever they say or do, SY investigation or not.

Cariad

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »

I don't think I know more than SY. In fact I'd put money on SY knowing a hell of a lot more than they're letting on.

What do you think of the Mccanns seemingly going against sy in the tannerman department? They're not going with the experts on that one are they?

Estuarine

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 04:23:37 PM »
I don't think I know more than SY. In fact I'd put money on SY knowing a hell of a lot more than they're letting on.

What do you think of the Mccanns seemingly going against sy in the tannerman department? They're not going with the experts on that one are they?

I doubt they can afford to.
So we have the usual weird syntax from them designed to make it look as though The Met are with them in their belief.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 04:34:50 PM »

Surely if SY had some evidence which proved undoubtedly McCann non involvement, the McCanns or SY would have shared it with us by now.

But there isn't any is there,

They are clinging onto the Bundleman lifeboat because Smithman leads to the bottom of the ocean, or a big dumpster type bin perhaps.

Redblossom

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 04:42:33 PM »
I doubt they can afford to.
So we have the usual weird syntax from them designed to make it look as though The Met are with them in their belief.

What? You mean them rewriting Redwoods "almost certainly"  isnt Tannerman/abductor....to he "may"  be an ocean club guest"? and "it is not possible to be certain"?

Therefore we shall continue to flog him as the probable possible abductor...so please call our 0845 number with details, which you have to pay for, not us.....

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:52:05 PM by Redblossom »