Author Topic: Questions for Martin Grime  (Read 15871 times)

Offline Mr Moderator

Questions for Martin Grime
« on: May 06, 2014, 01:50:03 PM »
Hi. How about asking Mr Grime what he thinks of the suggestion that he deliberately cued the dogs during the search?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:14:31 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Mr Moderator

Re: Questions for Martin Grime
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 03:16:42 PM »
Please ask him if the UK dogs are now trained with human cadaver rather than pig, I was concerned at the apparent failure of the dogs/handlers in the Tia Sharpe case.

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 03:23:18 PM »
Hi Mr Moderator,

Was Eddie alerting to cadaver scent coming out from the hire car? Was the car key cadaver contaminated because Eddie alerted to it when it was buried in the bucket of sand?

Thanks, PF

Hi Mr Moderator,

Another one for Martin Grime re my theory.

If a dead body was temporarily hidden in a bush/ground for one hour and moved again could dogs detect the scent at that spot many years later?

Thanks, PF

Thanks very much. One more please:

Did Eddie search around the church or the building site situated behind it in 2007?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:50:26 AM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 03:25:24 PM »
Thank you.  I like to ask him if he ever worked with Sandra Anderson?

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 03:28:07 PM »
In view of his dog's abilities to detect minute residues - even from decades ago, could you ask Martin Grime why his dog(s) did not alert in any of the many rooms in the other apartments (apart from 5a) and also in the cars.      Cleaning is not guaranteed to remove these residues - particularly in the interior of cars - where normally vaccuuming is the preferred method of cleaning and certainly not bleach or water.     I cannot accept that in view of the amount of human traffic which has gone through those apartments and 9 cars over the years that not a single speck of 'alertable' residue was still in situ.

I watched a TV prog where a sniffer dog at an airport detected drugs in a bag.  The handler was very pleased with her dog - particularly at the speed in which the dog detected the drugs as - in her own words 'sometimes she (the dog) could take up to 15 mins before alerting'..

In PdL - The one noticeable difference between all the searches of various places was the time spent - with much longer time being allowed for anything McCann related than in any other place.

Could it be that if the dogs had spent longer searching - they would have alerted in one or more of the rooms in the other apartments or in one or more of the cars.

Thank you.

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 03:31:28 PM »
Hi John thanks here is my first question for the expert:

With reference to this study:
http://www.csst.org/cadaver_scent.html
"NUMBER OF DOGS USED: Five different dogs
POST-MORTEM INTERVAL RANGE: From 70 minutes to 3 days
NUMBER OF TRIALS COMPLETED: As of July 1997, total of 52 trials completed
PRELIMINARY RESULTS: The shortest post-mortem interval for which we received a correct response was one hour and 25 minutes. However, the post-mortem interval for which we received a consistently correct response from all dogs involved is 2.5 - 3 hours."

My question is: Do you think that the "2.5 - 3 hours" minimum post-mortem period found to be required for "consistent" detection is accurate?

A second question for the expert:
In the Zyia Turner case in Detroit, I believe a cadaver dog found the missing child in a cupboard beneath a pile of many items of clothing. My question is a purely hypothetical one: if at a later date each of those items of clothing from the pile had been examined individually in a clean location by a cadaver dog, would the dog signal all those many items of clothing, or would the dog signal only the much smaller quantity of those items of clothing which had by chance been adjacent to and directly in contact with (touching) the body?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:52:11 AM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 03:33:32 PM »
Hi!

I'd love to ask Mr Grime some questions, only 2 off the bat -

1. did his dogs indicate in any of the dig sites and

2. what is his personal read on what the dogs told him that day - bearing in mind his background and experience as a police officer?.  Gut reaction, if you like.

thanks sooo much. I am a huge fan of Mr Grime and his work xxxxxx

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »
Hi Mr M

I'd like to put a question to Martin, if I may

It is often postulated here that Eddie alerts to blood of living people,  and that he could have been alerting to an  'alive'  person's blood in apartment 5A

What I'd like to know is whether Eddie would  ALWAYS  alert to the blood of living people if he came across it  ...  or if there was only a  'possibility'  that he would ?

We know that Eddie didn't alert in the other apartments,  although there is every likelihood that  traces of  'blood of the living'   may have been present

Could Martin confirm whether Eddie was equally likely to have alerted to the blood of someone still alive as he was to the blood of someone dead   (  or cadaver odour  ) 

thanks

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 12:55:55 AM »

According to Grime's report, "'Eddie' The Enhanced Victim Recovery Dog (E.V.R.D.) will search for and
locate human remains and body fluids including blood in any environment or
terrain." As he also stated in his rogatory interview that Eddie would react to dried blood from a living person, would he also react to other decomposing body fluids from a living person?

He stated that Keela would only react to the physical presence (of blood, in her case), however Eddie would also react to the airborne scent of substances within his training parameters. Could this airborne scent be of blood and / or other body fluids from a living person? If so, how long would the scent be detectable once the physical substance or impregnated material had been removed in a closed space?

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 03:11:18 PM »
Could I respectfully suggest that these questions, in as far as they are not Praia da Luz specific, are forwarded to Mr Grime directly as it is obvious that the intermediary has failed miserably to provide anything.

This board is now visible to all.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:16:53 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »
Could I respectfully suggest that these questions, in as far as they are not Praia da Luz specific, are forwarded to Mr Grime directly as it is obvious that the intermediary has failed miserably to provide anything.

This board is now visible to all.

I will support that MM.  We have been more than patient.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

ferryman

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 06:54:11 PM »
I will support that MM.  We have been more than patient.

So, do we continue to be patient?

Or will any answers ever be forthcoming?

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »
So, do we continue to be patient?

Or will any answers ever be forthcoming?

I was just wondering that myself, only time will tell.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 12:29:02 AM »
Perhaps it would be more useful to look at questions that Martin Grimes was actually asked to answer:

* Could you explain the methodology regarding the performance of the dogs in the scope of the undertaken searches ?

* Could you provide a thorough description of the dogs' skill and orientation, as well as an interpretation of the dogs' indications in the specific cases ?

* Aiming at determining the reliability of the canine performance, in what concerns the alerts given to blood scent and to dead body scent, how reliable are those indications in this particular case ?

* From the behaviour of the dogs, is it possible to distinguish between a strong alert and a soft alert ?

* Can you say whether the indication given to the cuddly toy corresponds to a concrete alert to dead body scent or to a mere dog playing trick ?

* In what concerns the cadaver scent on KATE's clothing, could it be undoubtedly stated that those clothes had been in contact with a dead body ? Or could the alert have been given even if those clothes had been in contact with other pieces of clothing, surfaces or items which could have had previously touched a dead body, thus allowing for secent transfer ?

* Does the EVRD dog ( dead body scent dog) also alert to blood traces coming from a living person or from a dead body ?

* In what concerns the indications given by the CSI dog ( human blood detecting dog), can this dog alert to other biological fluids ? Isn't there a chance, even a tiny one, of some confusion ?

* How long does a cadaver need to be in contact with a surface or an item, so that the scent can be indicated ?

* How farther can a blood trace date back in time, so that the CSI dog gives an indication ?

* Can the dogs mix up scents from human and non-human traces ?

* From your experience as a dog Handler, can you specify whether the dog's positive indications have always been corroborated by positive scientific results ?

* Did Gerald McCann ask you, at any time, in Portugal, or in the United Kingdom, any questions about the performance of the dogs in this case ?

His responses are included in the PJ Files and can be read here:   http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES_RIGATORY.htm

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 10:22:31 AM »
Grime's white paper

[attachment deleted by admin]
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0