Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 501978 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #405 on: March 27, 2019, 05:41:50 PM »
Not suspects... No evidence... Fact

No knowledge.....fact.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #406 on: March 27, 2019, 05:45:25 PM »
Can you imagine the speed with which the parents would contact their lawyers if it was even suggested that they hadn’t been ruled out of the investigation ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #407 on: March 27, 2019, 05:49:05 PM »
It goes without saying that CSI and cadaver dogs are an invaluable resource in any missing person investigation. Certainly, errors are made occasionally like with most things, scent and cadaver detection can be prone to all sorts of external factors.  Every dog is unique and no two dogs ever receive the exact same training. These dogs have solved many cases which would otherwise remain unsolved.
From what I've seen cadaver and CSI dogs have been responsible for solving very.. Very.. Few cases... With good detective skills being far more important...
Prior to Luz Eddie only found one body.... And one since... In both PDL and Jersey the dogs discovered nothing of value..it's all hype.. Imo
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 06:19:07 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #408 on: March 27, 2019, 06:20:13 PM »
Can you imagine the speed with which the parents would contact their lawyers if it was even suggested that they hadn’t been ruled out of the investigation ?
Don’t be silly please. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #409 on: March 27, 2019, 07:58:13 PM »
You are making an assumption that the alerts are always correct... We have no way of knowing if that is correct... I don't blame the dogs for anything as the dogs themselves have never made any claims... The fault... IMO.. Lies with the human interpretation of the alerts ...it's important to remember that the alerts themselves have no evidential reliability or value
The dog alerting is a type of claim.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #410 on: March 27, 2019, 08:03:46 PM »
The dog alerting is a type of claim.

What di you mean by that

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #411 on: March 27, 2019, 08:08:42 PM »
What di you mean by that
I'm thinking the dog is saying "I have found what I'm trained to find and I want my reward".  So the dog is making a claim.

You could multiply that with the reliability estimate from training with known samples.  So for Grime's dogs you get 95% of the time that claim is correct.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:10:57 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #412 on: March 27, 2019, 08:13:48 PM »
I'm thinking the dog is saying "I have found what I'm trained to find and I want my reward".  So the dog is making a claim.

You could multiply that with the reliability estimate from training with known samples.  So for Grime's dogs you get 95% of the time that claim is correct.
Si when the coconut was discovered Eddie was doing tbe same... From what I have read what you cannot do is speculate and decide what the dog is thinking..
Keela alerted... No blood found.. Alert not corroborated... According to the experts

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #413 on: March 27, 2019, 08:18:38 PM »
Si when the coconut was discovered Eddie was doing tbe same... From what I have read what you cannot do is speculate and decide what the dog is thinking..
Keela alerted... No blood found.. Alert not corroborated... According to the experts

Eddie never found a coconut.   A human decided that is what the dog alerted to.  Try and get a dog to say coconut!

If you have an animal companion you definitely get to know what they are thinking.  If you think you can tell what a kid is thinking, same for a companion animal IMO.

What would prevent a cadaver lying across a piece of coconut shell and this resulting in transference of cadaver odour?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:21:02 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #414 on: March 27, 2019, 08:21:38 PM »
Eddie never found a coconut.   A human decided that is what the dog alerted to.  Try and get a dog to say coconut!

If you have an animal companion you definitely get to know what they are thinking.  If you think you can tell what a kid is thinking, same for a companion animal IMO.
I absolutely agree with you re your first statement...Keela never found this sample...a human decided what the dog alerted to....I have  a Wondeful German Shepeherd

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #415 on: March 27, 2019, 08:24:00 PM »
I absolutely agree with you re your first statement...Keela never found this sample...a human decided what the dog alerted to....I have  a Wondeful German Shepeherd
And have you tried to work out what your dog wants from time to time? 
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #416 on: March 27, 2019, 08:24:45 PM »

What would prevent a cadaver lying across a piece of coconut shell and this resulting in transference of cadaver odour?

this is what makes the alerts basically useless without corroborating evidence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #417 on: March 27, 2019, 08:26:10 PM »
And have you tried to work out what your dog wants from time to time?

not sure what relevance taht has...it could be taht once the cadaver dog gets tired...he alerts knowing he will get a reward...may expalin all the unconfirmed alerts

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #418 on: March 27, 2019, 08:30:43 PM »
not sure what relevance taht has...it could be taht once the cadaver dog gets tired...he alerts knowing he will get a reward...may expalin all the unconfirmed alerts
While Eddie or Keela were working I never saw them being rewarded.  Maybe they don't get rewarded on actual forensic searches.

Which seems right IMO as the handler can never be certain the dog is correct or not.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #419 on: March 27, 2019, 08:34:26 PM »
While Eddie or Keela were working I never saw them being rewarded.  Maybe they don't get rewarded on actual forensic searches.

Which seems right IMO as the handler can never be certain the dog is correct or not.

need to ask Grime..i dont trust the alerts...particularly cuddle cat